Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fiery Mint Set Franklins? Post em if you got 'em

PCcoinsPCcoins Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭
Just Recently received a gorgeous '57 double mint set. The d-mint set has some Fiery neon toning with 1 unbelievably nice Franklin and Washington!

One of the best toned '57-d franklins I have ever seen, eye appeal off the charts! Monster '57-d Frankies are most tougher than Monster '58-d toners IMO by at least 20 fold.

So post some nice Franklins for some good company!

"It is what it is."

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're both superb! I have no wonderful 1957-D Franklins, but have a few rather attractive 1957-D WQs.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Thanks TomB, I just wish the toning on the washington was on the obverse.
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I agree it is easier to find a monster 58D. My 66FBL 57 D frankie is on it way back from NGC sporting its new edgeview holder so I dont have any good pics of it. It has some nice neon color very similiar to that found on jefferson nickels, you know that toning that changes and just glows under a little light and rotation. It also has one of the best strikes i ever seen for a 57 D. Ill post that one up monday when i get it back but here are some 58 D's i have image By the way very sweet 58D's you got PCcoins but what did the P mints look like? Im still trying to find a worthy P mint in 57 and 58 image

This one is a NGC MS66*FBL Looks WAY better in hand!

This one is a NGC MS65*FBL and came from the same set as the one above. It is also part of my collection as i love it so much image

This one here is a NGC MS65*FBL. It is mounted reverse out in the holder. The pic of the reverse is pretty much dead on but the obverse pic is way off image On the obverse that lower part on the bottom right is actually a perfect sweet rainbow band!

This one while i dont consider it really a monster it is def a sweet example. It is a NGC MS65FBL

• Options
    RWBRWB Posts: 8,082
    Hmmm... I see you have very rare "hairy edge" pieces instead of reeded edge coins! image
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmm... I see you have very rare "hairy edge" pieces instead of reeded edge coins! image >>

You betcha image

Never been removed or messed with for for 53 years, I guess that helps the toning form nicely as well image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    Sweet and Fiery...!

How about some Fire & Ice...

My Ebay Auctions

Currently Listed: Nothing

Take Care, Dave
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    sweet mint set coins !!!
  • Options
    Can i see these beauties up close pls? My address is...oops i will pm you the info. image
  • Options

• Options
    I was thinking the next wave of monster toners to suddenly appear as if out of nowhere in the auctions was going to be the Peace Dollars, but others I've talked to about that felt it would be the Kennedy Halves, given the high level of interest in roll-searching attendant to that. I'm thinking, now, though, seeing these, it's got to be the Franklin Halves.
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    I agree with what TomB stated. image

Ever see these colors?

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭

woo hoo ... a couple of GREAT coins there PCcoins!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845

Your killing me .............
  • Options
    Here you go Paul the juiced version

<< <i>image

Your killing me ............. >>

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some LOVELY coins everyone! image

Fiery Franklins, me?

Well, maybe one or two.

I do believe this date/mm is a trifle more difficult to find fiery toned than a '57-D or a '58-D.

• Options
    ......that's it .......stick a fork in me image
  • Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Nice '56 image
  • Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple around here somewhere. image
  • Options
    Very Fiery '63-d....

Even more Fiery '58-d.... The reverse '58-d challenge, anyone that has a more vivid, fiery '58-d reverse, I will send you this one for free. image

"It is what it is."
  • Options
    image for some beautiful Frankies. Any challenge takers as so stated above? image
  • Options
    GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭
    I found a hot pink Frankie in a proof set once. Was in a PCGS slab when I sold it. Wonder where it's at now?
    imageimage

• Options
    CoinyCoiny Posts: 711 ✭✭
    Franklin Fans... here's more for you're viewing pleasure.

Coiny
  • Options
    RebelRonRebelRon Posts: 544 ✭✭
    Those are all pretty nice! image
  • Options
    That's a beauty of a '58-D Jon! image I'd take you on on your challenge, but the images of this '58-D that I have, while decent, don't really show the coin. We'll just have to get together one of these days and compare the coins...

• Options
    Nice ones Sy!

Yours are fiery alright, but look at mine, the edges are crispy from 9 o'clock to 4 o'clock. It cooked a wee bit to long, so extra fiery!... image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options

<< <i>Nice ones Sy! >>

Actually it's just one coin imaged by 2 different people. I need to get Robec or Krptonitecomics to image it.

<< <i>Yours are fiery alright, but look at mine, the edges are crispy from 9 o'clock to 4 o'clock. It cooked a wee bit to long, so extra fiery!... image >>

Is that like extra crispy? They might be fattening then. image
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804
    Nothing I have in Franklins is even in the same league. I feel vexed. Why are you vexing me? image
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK?
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>Here's one you can buy Griv...... >>

Is that really forsale pawpaul?
  • Options
    CB2597 is considering selling it
  • Options
    GrivGriv Posts: 2,804

<< <i>Here's one you can buy Griv...... >>

Sweet rainbow but who the heck skid across Ben's face? That just weirds me out.

I lust for lcoopie's 58, even though it has fairly dim colors and might possibly be over graded or even a fake, a radiation hazard, a mirage, a hallucination or even an abomination.

I will agree to take this coin off your hands because I fear for your soul.

Ask yourself, Have I been frustrated at work? Does traffic seem even worse than before? Have you laid awake at night wondering if there is more to life?

All of these life's puzzles seem daunting at first, but when you think it over it is clear that the way out is to sell me that "controversial" Bennie, and for a good price cause after all it's rusted, and then you will find happiness. Kind of. I mean some people are really hard to please but I do the best I can. So, next day mail is absolutely not necessary but go ahead and splurge.
  • Options

<< <i>image

OK? >>

Ok, your's is the "Mean Green" version, but by Fiery I mean intense red!

..... ok you win, pm your address and off she goes.... image
    "It is what it is."
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK??
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    "It is what it is."
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list