Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Harrisburg, PA card show spam

swartz1 and myself are going to be set up at the Harrisburg Mall this weekend (last show we did was same show last year) if any of the central PA board members want to talk cards.

Autographed guests include Troy Polamalu (Sat) and Shady McCoy (Sun)

Comments

• I plan on attending (will have my 3yr old Boy with)... PM me with your table and I will stop by to say hi..

Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Good luck. I always wanted to set up at a show but never had the stones (or enough sellable stuff). Do you guys get any auto price breaks? Any idea what Troy is charging?
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Harrisburg used to have some nice shows. Is it still worth traveling for? Haven't been out there in a few years, but if there's some vintage, it might be intriguing considering it will be 2 1/2 hours each way.
  • I'll stop by most likely on Sunday. I usually find some nice cards at the IUP show in HBG. Most of the time it is from Michael (msassin). Drew
    Collecting Musial, K. Boyer, Simmons - The Cardinal Years, & vintage cards
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I am 20 minutes from the mall (Middletown)
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • msassinmsassin Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    We should be in the center of the mall facing where Boscovs used to be.

I don't deal with autos to know if the promoter gives price breaks, but Polamalu is $130 for flats
    (take your kids to Latrobe for training camp as I've been told he is a very willing signer for them).

Scott - People around Harrisburg area will tell you that it is the best show in the area but that dosen't say much anymore. I wouldn't want to drive the 2 1/2 hours to check it out unless I had other reasons to visit the area.

Drew - Thanks for the nice words.
  • jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    You guys ever go to any Senators games...my boy was on the team last year. RHP first name of Brad. Let me know. He hopes to be on the AAA team this year.

Jeff

<< <i>You guys ever go to any Senators games...my boy was on the team last year. RHP first name of Brad. Let me know. He hopes to be on the AAA team this year.

Jeff >>

When I was younger I used to go quite a bit (early 90's - Cliff Floyd, Rondell White, Vlad Guerrero days). I don't go much any more (maybe once a year) but between them renovating the stadium this year and hosting the AA all-star game, I might try to make a couple more this season.

Geographically - I am almost half way between there and where your boy played the prior summer (Hagerstown). Congrats on the very strong numbers he put up last year.
  • Though I no longer live anywhere near the area, I have a friend that plans to attend the Harrisburg show tomorrow. He is an enthusiastic buyer of vintage baseball cards and Phillies cards. I hope that everyone has a fun time there.
  • MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I'm just back from the Harrisburg show and was happy to meet Msassin and Swartz today. Both great guys with great stuff and prices. They both saw me coming and sold me all their Burger King cards.
    Nice talking with you both and hope the show went great.
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    There was a gun show in Harrisburg this weekend as well. I should have made the trip.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I wonder if anyone ever tries a robbery at a gun show?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    thanks for stopping by Mphilking and Tedsimmons...

we had a good show...

wireless was sporadic, but we caught some bball in between sales...

funny thing, Mphilking...we saw each other before at an auction in MD...

we were probably bidding against each other (unknowingly)...

until next year...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

Yearly show is this weekend the 18th-20th...autograph guests include Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Michael Oher, and John Kuhn.

Come visit Swartz and I in center court of the mall image

Figured this was the easiest way to give the locals a heads up that Chipper Jones is at the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show this weekend at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg

Swartz and I will be in Harrisburg this weekend....it is at the Colonial Park Mall (not Harrisburg Mall).

Auto guests include, John Stallworth, Rod Woodson, Tim Brown, Larry Allen, Mel Renfro, Jonathan Dwyer, and Isaac Redman.
  • Is the promoter the same that does the mall show in Selinsgrove? They just had a show this past weekend and it was very sad at best.

<< <i>Is the promoter the same that does the mall show in Selinsgrove? They just had a show this past weekend and it was very sad at best. >>

Luckily no (this promoter only does 1 show a year...used to always be Presidents day weekend at Harrisburg Mall). The Philly show is this weekend so I can't see this having a huge number of dealers, but it always draws a good crowd for the Steelers.

It is the only mall show I will ever do.
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Quick update...

Quite a bit of traffic Friday and Sat.

Not so much on Sunday...(expected)

My quarter boxes and 25% off boxes were hammered...

Msassin and I have fairly good prices and only set-up once a year that other dealers buy from us...

Msassin and I met up with board members hhmag70 and his daughter (cutie pie) as well as TedSimmonsfan (drew)

here is a pic at my table w/ the new display...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
    Starting the spam early.....Feb 20-22nd.

Text
    Auto guests

Some visit Swartz and I this weekend at the Colonial Park Mall in Harrisburg, PA
    Spam alert - Come buy cards from Swartz and I at the Colonial Park Mall at Harrisburg Feb 26th-28th.

Auto guests: Brett Keisel, Garry Gilliam, Gary Collins, and Leroy Kelly
    Only 80 miles via Turnpike from the Philly Show the same weekend.

Yearly spam alert bump - Come buy cards from Swartz and I at the Harrisburg Mall at Harrisburg Feb 17th-19th.

Auto guests: Jesse James, Stephon Tuitt, Sean Davis, and Vince Papale

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2017 9:47PM

Didn't bother checking the date in the top post and nearly leapt off the toilet in excitement at seeing Troy being an autograph guest.

Then I saw the date. :'(

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

The autographed guests this year are not going to bring in a well traveling crowd.

• The show is this weekend Feb 17-19. About how many dealers usually ? Thx.

• curchcurch Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Havnt been to a show since the national. Maybe I will make the trip.

Always looking for vintage wax boxes!

@basketballcollector said:
    The show is this weekend Feb 17-19. About how many dealers usually ? Thx.

Last couple years probably around 20 dealers but the promotor is finally back at the original location (Harrisburg Mall not Colonial Park) and weekend (Presidents Day) that was a pretty traditional show in the late 1990s to about 2010 (there were more dealers back then).

Joe - Don't think Colonial Park Mid 90s size wise...and it is doubtful anyone will have any starting lineups for you (unless you have made a sudden switch to '89 Soccer)

Thinking about heading down today. Worth the trip? Even without starting lineups :)

@curch said:
    Thinking about heading down today. Worth the trip? Even without starting lineups :)

sorry I just saw this - I doubt you found when you were down outside of a late spring weather day drive down 81 Outside of the football die hards that need vintage football from AJ Firestone or the regulars who come for Swartz1 and my once a year show deals there really wasn't anything keeping it from any other PA/MD mall show.

Hahaha. I made the trip. Saw maybe 5 starting lineups, very little in the way of "vintage wax" or anything else that I needed. I swear it was the same dealers from when I would set up at colonial park 20+ years ago :). But it was a nice day for a drive. After the show, I took a trip over to philly for zolocon. I didn't buy anything there either :)

See Swartz and I Presidents Day Weekend at the Harrisburg Mall Card Show

http://www.shopharrisburgmall.com/event/harrisburg-mall-sports-cards-show/

one more hump....show is this weekend - say hi to us if you go.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might make the 30 minute drive up. Maybe I’ll see you there

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I think it's ok to start a new thread instead of going back and reviving a 9 year old one. :)

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

It's OK to revive a 9 year old thread as long as it has spam in the title :)

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black