Home U.S. Coin Forum

I Just Bought An Amazing Bar Cent Plated On The Coinfacts Site For Only $2,500 ...

... what do you think the odds are that I receive that coin?

:-)

~ Linky Dink ~

Comments

• 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I think you'll receive it but are you sure its the real deal and not a fake?
  • FletcherFletcher Posts: 3,294
    The picture in the ad is the pic from the PCGS coinfacts site ... if I receive that coin, the drinks are on me boys!!!

PS - I am sure that it is a BS scam image
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The picture in the ad is the pic from the PCGS coinfacts site ... if I receive that coin, the drinks are on me boys!!!

PS - I am sure that it is a BS scam image >>

That sounds about right!image
  • OT from the thread, but on topic for the op... Every single time I saw a Fugio I thought of you, and came across a nice off center for $1700 that was killer!

<< <i>OT from the thread, but on topic for the op... Every single time I saw a Fugio I thought of you, and came across a nice off center for $1700 that was killer! >>

Where??? Pm me if you are not going to buy it yourself!

• image Man, I knew I shoulda wrote it down.... image Ill see if I can figure it through some emails and get back to you via pm with any ifo, good or bad. It was nice man, raw, but problem free and very slabbadabadable.

• << <i>OT from the thread, but on topic for the op... Every single time I saw a Fugio I thought of you, and came across a nice off center for $1700 that was killer! >>

Everytime I see his avatar I think of how pissed I am I had to sell that coin as part of my divorce image It was a new heaven restrike but man was it pretty and in a PCGS OGH to boot image
  • PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭
    Dosent have a great record as a seller. Maybe you will get lucky.
  • AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    Sending your payment in by small unmarked bills?image
  • ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭

<< <i>... what do you think the odds are that I receive that coin?

:-)

~ Linky Dink ~ >>

There is absolutely, totally and unequivocally no chance at all that you will receive that coin.

<< <i>There is absolutely, totally and unequivocally no chance at all that you will receive that coin. >>

I am 100% sure of that image
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just as an aside, isn't it amazing how the word "plated" can have such highly desireable and highly undesireable definitions in numismatics?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just as an aside, isn't it amazing how the word "plated" can have such highly desireable and highly undesireable definitions in numismatics?

image >>

Yes, I'm not sure everyone figured out how Fletcher was using it with his sharp and subtle wit. -Jerry
    I know that most of you will be completely shocked by this, but the seller who was supposed to send me a real picture of the coin today, as opposed to the one that he lifted from the coinfacts website, instead sent me a request to cancel the auction ...

Who woulda figured???

• MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn...

• AngryTurtleAngryTurtle Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭
    If he cancles the auction can you still leave him positive feedback?image
  • HoledandCreativeHoledandCreative Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You didnt happen to also buy THIS from the same seller, did ya? >>

This looks like a tenth. A lot of plastic showing in picture.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A look at his last feedback(a neg) pretty much says it all-Jim

<< <i>Total SCAM. Seller steals images from PCGS Website and tries to sell fake coin!! jonracross ( 293) Mar-08-10 11:32 >>

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "1785 Bar of Cent" image
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file