Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1963 quarter double die

Does this look like a DDO-1 Thanks for your help

Comments

• Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

....can you sharpen up the pics a little? i was straining trying to focus for a notch. image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it is.

Whether its FS-101 or FS-102, I do not know.

Edited to add images.

imageimage
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options

<< <i>....can you sharpen up the pics a little? i was straining trying to focus for a notch. image >>

That's the best i can do for what i have to use
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like FS-101 to me - by any chance did you find the coin in a Mint set?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the real deal.Nice find.
  • Options
    Yes it was found in mint set..
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

....i must have cataracts! image everyone ELSE could see it! image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    It's plain as can be to see..
  • Options

<< <i>Yes it is.

Whether its FS-101 or FS-102, I do not know.

>>

The CPG list 101 and 102 with the same obv. die but CONECA does not. CONECA lists 101 as DDO-001 and 102 as DDO-007/DDR-001
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Nice find... .Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes it was found in mint set.. >>

FS-101 is the one frequently found in Mint Sets, which is why I asked, it helped confirm the attribution. image

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file