Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OK..THIS IS THE OFFICAL FELICIA PACK RIP THREAD..POST SCANS HERE!!!

Ok,

I am dying to see what people pulled.

If you are not sure how to post pics, here is a brief tutorial...

A) Scan your cards to your computer

B) Goto a picture hosting site ( photobucket) upload your scans there

C) come to this thread, hit reply, on the tool bar above you will see an image link ( 4th from the left) click on the box.

D) Enter the url of the picture on the website picture hosting company you choose.

E) Hit post button..

I will rip a few packs and post some pictures here as well...

I have several 4th series 73 packs, I will rip a couple this evening and post them here...

Thanks and good luck to everyone

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set

Comments

• Options
    2cardguys..got his packs busted one of the 75's...he got these cards:

They have arrived!! Packed extremely well... busted a 75 got

Carew AS 600 probable 8-8.5
    Rookie Outfielders 619 possible 9
    Ray Sadecki 349possible 9-9.5
    Larry Lintz 416
    Ken Henderson 59 possible 9
    Ron LeFlore 628 possible 9
    Reds Team 531
    Joe Torre 565
    Dave Goltz 419
    Alex Johnson 534 possible 9

I don't have a flat bed scanner here at work so I'll scan them tonight and use that J-Ruler to see if the centering will meet the 9 specs... will post later as well...will bust some more later...
    Thanks!!
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    bump, so people see it.. waiting.... waiting...............
  • Options
    bziddybziddy Posts: 710 ✭✭✭
    Had mine delivered to work -- it's at our main shipping and receiving processing area, which means it probably won't be in my mailbox here until Monday. Hope someone posts some stuff so I can live vicariously through them.
  • Options
    Bad Bad luck on mt 2 packs:
    Buddy Bell O/C&surface crease
    Paul Splittorff 70/30
    Dave Nelson 80/20
    Pat Dobson 70/30 w/tilt
    Tom mcCraw 90/10
    Jim Hardin 80/20
    Stan Banhsen 90/10
    Jerry Grote 90/10
    Tom Hall 80/20
    Dennis Menke m/c & gum

Bobby Darwin centered ok print issues
    Garry Maddox 90/10 w/ 3 fish eyes
    Buzz Capra 60/40 w/fish eyes
    Earl Williams 90/10 w/fish eye
    Hal Breeden nicest card slight o/c t/b
    Ron Bloomberg 80/20
    Bill Fahey m/c
    Andy Etchebarren 95/5
    Bob Moose 60/40 tilt
    Ted Sizemoore 90/10

was hoping for a pack fresh Pete Rose...still a blast maybe next time...thanks for the packs-Doug
  • Options
    I ripped a series 4 pack..here are the results...

Not to great:

• Options
    pretty nicely centered on a few of those at least.. may bode well for some stars if you hit any
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better things are coming, I can feel it.
  • Options
    ripping a 75 pack next....
  • Options
    Ok, I had a few extra packs of 1975 topps baseball as they didnt sell out...

I opened one of them..here are the results..

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    ohhhhh a Jim Sundberg rookie!
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    I picked up (2) '75 Topps packs.... and am in the process of ripping now.

The first pack.... nothing too overwhelming, but... pretty cards!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my two '73 packs today. I usually don't open vintage wax, so I haven't decided if I'll open one. The other pack I definitely am not opening. It has Roberto Clemente on the back and Pete Rose on the front! Thanks Felicia!image
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Pack #2... a little better as far as being closer to mint.... but again, no real star power.

I did get one card that looks like a solid 9.... but does have a little tilt.

Still very happy about getting a chance to rip a couple '75 packs!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    It has Roberto Clemente on the back and Pete Rose on the front!

holy shnikies
  • Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    I decided to rip one of my '76 packs. The other is destined for a slab someday as I have decided to try and build a collection of unopened material. My '74s will probably get slabbed as well. Here are the results of the pack I did rip. No star power, but still fun to rip regardless.

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options

<< <i>Got my two '73 packs today. I usually don't open vintage wax, so I haven't decided if I'll open one. The other pack I definitely am not opening. It has Roberto Clemente on the back and Pete Rose on the front! Thanks Felicia!image >>

You are welcome..I pulled each pack as the orders came in, It was totally random..I think you made some money on that one, not really sure...

Hummm....ok maybe a little....

Now I will say this, since you scored the big pack, I would keep it, get it grded and labeled, and open the other, thats just the right thing to do..I mean that pack you are keeping with clemente and rose is worth a bunch of money.

Its not like you lose by openeing the other...

• Options

<< <i>Got my two '73 packs today. I usually don't open vintage wax, so I haven't decided if I'll open one. The other pack I definitely am not opening. It has Roberto Clemente on the back and Pete Rose on the front! Thanks Felicia!image >>

I'd say that's the keeper. Now let's get to rippin' the other one. RIP RIP RIP

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 954 ✭✭✭✭
    First, let me again say thanks a ton to Felicia for the packs. The 75s are particularly stunning! Very nice. Here's the goods:

And I present to you possibly the worst centered Jim Ed Rice 1976 Topps card of all time! image

I have another pack of each year that eventually temptation will force me to open. Good luck with yours!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    Any of you pack busters, I'm looking for the following 74s, 75s, and 76s...any help is appreciated PLEASE image
    26 Bill Campbell
    169 Steve Rogers
    173 Randy Jones
    288 Gorman Thomas
    431 Gene Garber
    448 Ron Hodges
    587 Larry Christiansen
    596 Rookie Pitchers
    597 Rookie Shortstops
    600 Rookie Infielders
    601 Rookie Outfielders
    602 Rookie Pitchers
    603 Rookie Catchers
    604 Rookie Infielders

51 Bob Forsch
    106 Mike Hargrove
    294 Geoff Zahn
    392 Bruce Bochte
    467 Ed Halicki
    623 Rookie Infielders (Keith Hernandez)
    624 Rookie Pitchers

112 Kent Tekulve
    141 Larry Parrish
    299 Champ Summers
    317 John Candelaria
    353 Sixto Lezcano
    633 John Stearns
    74T Oscar Gamble
    85T Mickey Rivers
    250T Fergie Jenkins
    592T Willie Randolph
  • Options
    Good morning all. Here's the cards. Nice to get the aaron. A few 8's, but nothing to rock the grading world.

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Nice cards, thanks to everyone for posting scans. I guess Aaron is always a nice pull, but that pose makes me wonder what Topps was thinking. I can imagine a few photographers (who probably weren't baseball fans) were sitting around and one says "Hey, for the Aaron card, we really need to capture his.........fielding prowess" C'mon Topps, show the sluggers slugging.

-Michael
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    kinda dig the action photos, everyone knows Hank could hit it out. image

but that '73 Epstein is cool.
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Lynn McGlothen=David Ortiz (pre juice)

• Options
    OK Sorry I couldn't get this done last night....and this afternoon I'm leaving for the Yankee Game so I'll probably only be able to upload the 1975 Topps. I opened 2 out of 3 1975 Topps and 1 each of 1973 and 1974. The 1975 Topps are the best so far and I love the cards. Not alot of well centered star power, but some decent cards of stars and some real nice other cards... so here we go: (In no particular order)....

imageimageimage

Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    your packs are centered very very well.. nice going
  • Options
    That hernandez rc is smoking!!!
  • Options
    so was Keith.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh heh. Don't make Keith the butt of any smoking jokes please.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    "You know I am only teasing. I love you Keith — always have."
  • Options
    I agree, that Keith Hernandez RC looks great. Nice pull.

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>so was Keith. >>

I would help Keith move his furniture any day of the week.

• Options
    Are the bottom 2 corners on the Hernandez rounded or is it just the scan?
    Mike
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone notice that 99% of the signatures are clear and legible? When did ballplayers become graduates of pharmacy school with their chicken-scratch auto's they pass on to today's fans?
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Got my packs today, one of each year 73-76

Thanks Felicia!

Was guna possibly save and grade them but they didn't seem nice enough to grade

Just busted them all and got absolute squat image

Not even guna bother to fire up the scanner as none are worthy

Dam you evil wax!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>Are the bottom 2 corners on the Hernandez rounded or is it just the scan?
    Mike >>

Luckily it's just the scan... just double checked...
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Didn't anyone else get sucked into busting theirs?

Are there any noteworthy cards?

C'mon guys there were plenty of sales

• Options
    Mine are still floating around my company's shipping and receiving process -- I'm expecting them tomorrow or the next day (they are onsite now). I will be ripping (unless I see something special thru the wrapper).
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone notice that 99% of the signatures are clear and legible? When did ballplayers become graduates of pharmacy school with their chicken-scratch auto's they pass on to today's fans? >>

I think it was a bit after the internet and email really started spreading. Since people no longer have to hand-write anything, schools have stopped teaching handwriting/penmanship image .

Same thing nowadays with spelling. Go to CNN.com sometime and read some of their stories. Spelling errors abound. People have become so used to instant-messaging and
    now Twitter, with all their abbreviations and spelling shortcuts (i.e., "b4" for "before"), that young people today don't even know how to spell simple words image .

OK, sorry 'bout the rant...you are now free to go back to your regular programming image .

Steve
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steve, rant away! The electronic age's ushered in a whole (+ another half) generation who have butchered the English language. It's beyond me how an autograph that resembles a road-kill earthworm can be designated "Authentic" and sell for big bucks. Authentic what? I'm pretty sure that Willie Mays started the trend due to the barrage of requests and the lack of time to meaningfully sign.
  • Options

<< <i>Didn't anyone else get sucked into busting theirs?

Are there any noteworthy cards?

C'mon guys there were plenty of sales. >>

OK...I've posted my 75 Topps but haven't had the time to post the 73 and 74 Topps yet... so in no particulaar order here are the 1973 Topps. I ripped both packs that I purchased....

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage

imageimage

• Options
    and the last of them for me.... the 1974 Topps I again bought and ripped two packs...

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimage

imageimageimage
  • Options
    How many cards are there supposed to be per '74 pack? I'm ripping right now -- scans soon.
  • Options
    I think it was 8... good luck!
  • Options
    The '74 pack only had 6 cards -- good to see Topps QC was firmly in place 35 years back. No star power, but some nice examples in the bunch.

• Options
    All I can say is wow?!?I know some of you feel the same way.image
  • Options

<< <i>Steve, rant away! The electronic age's ushered in a whole (+ another half) generation who have butchered the English language. It's beyond me how an autograph that resembles a road-kill earthworm can be designated "Authentic" and sell for big bucks. Authentic what? I'm pretty sure that Willie Mays started the trend due to the barrage of requests and the lack of time to meaningfully sign. >>

love the Scorpions avitar !
  • Options
    bziddy I will send you another 74 pack since that one was short a couple of cards..I had it happen to me many times with the 74's.

please pm me your address I feel bad.

Thanks,

Felicia
  • Options
    bziddy I will send you another 74 pack since that one was short a couple of cards..I had it happen to me many times with the 74's.

very nice
  • Options
    These results are depressing.
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I'm sending the 73 pack for grading, I already have a graded 76 pack so I ripped it.

Sorry for the delay, here is what I got: