Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OK..THIS IS THE OFFICAL FELICIA PACK RIP THREAD..POST SCANS HERE!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Better late than never....

The 74 pack was a dead pack. The first few cards of the 73 pack were commons, but then I pulled 3 stars all together. The Clemente has some pretty bad wax on it. Hope the pictures work, as I've never tried to post photos before.

Rodney

imageimage
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice miscut Aaron. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice miscut Aaron. image >>

Nice advertisement Jeff ... LOL!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 878 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man the centering is just brutal on most of the cards. i still bet it was fun to open up those old 70's packs.
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Nice advertisement Jeff ... LOL! >>

Ah, I was just sayin. image Probably the only one on here that gets excited seeing a miscut card.image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nice advertisement Jeff ... LOL! >>

Ah, I was just sayin. image Probably the only one on here that gets excited seeing a miscut card.image >>

• Options
    fattymacs,
    you must of ordered the additional airbrushed caps option for your '76 pack.

Thanks to all of your for showing these to us- somewhere lurks some big pulls,
    the more we don't see, it makes me wonder how many of you will later decide to take a crack and see ..
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Too bad the cutting was so atrocious on that '73 pack, it would've been an all time great pack if they were centered.
    Amazing you pulled all 3 in one pack
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Watching people open these, it is clearer as to why high grade examples from the 70's go for so much. Only a handful, fresh from packs, would be considered PSA 8.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    Looks like some bad luck on the packs, even the star power is MC or OC badly. I'm glad I was one spot away from getting in on this one.

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric
  • Options

<< <i>These results are depressing. >>

Ain't that the truth.Has anyone pulled a card that was better than EX?
  • Options
    For those that ripped packs and posted the results, If I felt that you should get another chance at pulling some cards, I have PM'd you and will be sending you an unopened cello pack of 1975 Topps Baseball.

If you kept your packs sealed and are getting them graded or just keeping them and decided not to open them then no big deal, I just feel bad that some of you got some o/c cards when you ripped them.

Some of you already got an extra pack sent to you after seeing the pulls, and you know who you are, for the others I have asked you to please send me your mailing address, I will send out the packs by tuesday of next week.

Thanks and take care,

Felicia

The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Very nice gesture, but unnecessary, IMO
    Buying wax is a gamble. These are card collectors, they should know how it works
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice gesture, but unnecessary, IMO
    Buying wax is a gamble. These are card collectors, they should know how it works >>

I have to agree... and for the most part I think we do know how it works...I had a great time opening my packs and think I fared well on some of those 75's... you can't win on all of them- if you did what fun would it be?
    Positive and successful transactions with:
    LeagueLeader; IJustLoveCards; Recbball; msassin; leathtech; lsutigers1973; Bosox1976; Dboneesq; Aric; Bkritz
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know how much Topps monitored their quality control back then? I'm wondering if they periodically stopped the presses and looked at how the cards were being cut from the sheet and made adjustments or if they just let them all rip at one time.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I love looking at all those forgotten names of my childhood

love reading this thread

keep the scans coming
  • Options
    Felicia, you are amazing!
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I just read your offer and sending something else is not necessary. I enjoyed opening the older packs, regardless of what condition the cards came out. Sometimes they are great, other times they arent' as great. Thanks again!

Rodney