Home Sports Talk
Options

All right men - It's time for a NL East sigline bet

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been working on a "special" Ryan Howard sigline just for Lawnmowerman. LOL
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been working on a "special" Ryan Howard sigline just for Lawnmowerman. LOL >>

LOLimage

I can't wait. I think LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've been working on a "special" Ryan Howard sigline just for Lawnmowerman. LOL >>

LOLimage

I can't wait. I think LOL >>

Don't worry, it won't be anything considered lewd, obscene or illegal, except maybe in certain parts of Tampa. image
  • Options

The number for elimination of the Mets is 11,

and 11 is the Mets elimination number. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOLimage

Don't worry, it won't be anything considered lewd, obscene or illegal, except maybe in certain parts of Tampa. image >>

Not a high bar to reach in that area. This guy was arrested last week in the county next to Matt.

Dade City, Matt.

• Options

<< <i>

Not a high bar to reach in that area. This guy was arrested last week in the county next to Matt.

Dade City, Matt. >>

LOLimage

Damn Phillie transplants!image

• Options
    -
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

LOLimage

Don't worry, it won't be anything considered lewd, obscene or illegal, except maybe in certain parts of Tampa. image >>

Dade City, Matt.

image >>

i think that's a picture of Matt after he got his teeth fixed better.
  • Options

You're right Steve. It was much easier to brush with only one tooth. Now my toothbrush gets stuck in between them.
  • Options
    2 down, 2 to go.....

Philadelphia 86 60 .589 - - - - 8-2 W6 41-23 19-12 20-13 6-12 42-32 44-28 57-45 29-15 10-5 22-19 739 627 84-62 9/18 @ ATL, W 9-4 9/19 @ ATL, 7:00P
    Florida 79 69 .534 8.0 8 4.0 11 6-4 W1 35-25 17-20 17-16 10-8 40-35 39-34 53-49 26-20 7-6 25-18 714 701 75-73 9/18 @ CIN, W 4-3 9/19 @ CIN, 7:10P
    Atlanta 78 69 .531 8.5 8 4.5 11 8-2 L1 33-24 20-20 18-17 7-8 38-34 40-35 49-49 29-20 8-5 27-21 666 592 81-66 9/18 vs PHI, L 4-9 9/19 vs PHI, 7:00P
    New York 63 85 .426 24.0 E 20.0 E 1-9 L6 24-37 20-17 14-21 5-10 36-37 27-48 49-61 14-24 4-7 17-22 616 705 65-83 9/18 vs WSH, L 5-6 9/19 vs WSH, 1:10P
    Washington 51 96 .347 35.5 E 31.5 E 4-6 W1 18-42 16-27 10-16 7-11 29-43 22-53 41-73 10-23 4-8 17-22 655 802 60-87 9/18 @ NYM, W 6-5 9/19 @ NYM, 1:10P
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    As of today your team needs 93 wins, when that happens I'll pay off.

Not a moment sooner.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>As of today your team needs 93 wins, when that happens I'll pay off.

Not a moment sooner.

Steve >>

Isn't it a combination of wins and losses? The magic number is 8 and the Phils have 86 wins.

So conceivably the Phils could clinch with 90 wins and four additional losses by the Marlins, or any combination totaling 8?

"E# - Elimination Number, the combined number of wins (by the first place team) and losses (by the trailing team) that will eliminate the trailing team from winning the division. The Elimination Number for any team is determined by adding their number of losses to the number of wins for the team leading the division, and subtracting that total from 163. The Elimination Number for the second place team is the "Magic Number" for the first place team."
  • Options
    Just let me know when I need to change my sigline. I'm pretty much ignoring baseball for obvious reasons.
  • Options
    Excuse me they need 94 as of today.

keyword (today)

But yes Atlanta/Florida could lose every game left and that number would change.

I doubt that will happen as those two team stll play the Mets I assume.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Excuse me they need 94 as of today.

keyword (today)

But yes Atlanta/Florida could lose every game left and that number would change.

I doubt that will happen as those two team stll play the Mets I assume.

Steve >>

Don't think so.

As an example, if the Phils win tonight and the Marilns lose the number now becomes 6 yes?

So the Phils then have one less game than 94 to win?

At the least it could be 90, at most 94?
  • Options
    Keith of course, I keep saying as of today.

How about this to clear up any confusion.

As of this moment the Phils need 94 wins.

The other games have yet to be played.

Florida and Atlanta COULD win all the way out too.

What happens if that happens Keith?

Suppose Atlanta wins every game they have left?

Would the Phils then need 94 wins?

(unless they play each other) What is so hard to understand?

Of course it takes a combination of wins and losses.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    And just to be perfectly clear they also could win the title with the 86 they have already in the bank.

(If Florida and Atlanta lose the rest of their games)

I have no idea who plays who from this point forward.

I was simply stating what it would take for Philly to win if they had to win the most.

That is why I kept saying as of today or as of this moment.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

Since you're a Mets fan I understand your tendency to look at the worst case scenario first. image
  • Options
    No Keith I'm just looking at it in a way where the First place team is guaranteed the title.

And as of this moment it is 94 wins.

Tomorrow it could be 93 or 92 or whatever.

It can NEVER be more then 94

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    When the Phillies clinch the NL East, here is the sigline pic for the other fans. These fans have the option of removing it after the final out of the last 2009 World Series game, or they may permanently keep it in their sigline as a pleasant reminder of the wonderful 2008 MLB season, and a show of love, admiration and respect for the greatest baseball franchise of the 21st century.

• Options
    LOL

That's a fine sigline but of course it needs to be resized.

<< <i>The pictures in your signature lines need to be kept at the following dimensions.
    200 x 400 and no larger than 20k.
    If you image is too large you will be asked to remove or reduce the image size.
    We will ask once and if you do not comply, we will deactivate your account. No second chances.

Take time to see if your pics match up with the sizes listed above.

Thank you,

Carol >>

• Options

<< <i>LOL

<< <i>The pictures in your signature lines need to be kept at the following dimensions.
    We will ask once and if you do not comply, we will deactivate your account. No second chances.

Thank you,

Carol >>

>>

I did try to resize it in Photobucket - I reduced the size in the Photobucket edit section, clicked "apply", but the dam thing kept going back to the original size. I figured maybe somebody else would figure it out?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL

Thank you,

Carol >>

>>

I did try to resize it in Photobucket - I reduced the size in the Photobucket edit section, clicked "apply", but the dam thing kept going back to the original size. I figured maybe somebody else would figure it out? >>

I'll try
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL

Thank you,

Carol >>

>>

I did try to resize it in Photobucket - I reduced the size in the Photobucket edit section, clicked "apply", but the dam thing kept going back to the original size. I figured maybe somebody else would figure it out? >>

I'll try >>

I'll place it in my sigline as well.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>LOL

Thank you,

Carol >>

>>

I'll try >>

I'll place it in my sigline as well. >>

I think if ya can get it to under 50KB, then no Photobucket would be necessary, just download the pic into Windows "pictures" and upload it in the CU profile section - I tried reducing it in Windows photoshop, and still couldn't get the dam thing right or under 50KB so that it looked good.
  • Options

<< <i>How's this?

image >>

Looks better, but could ya go smaller?...or does it start looking "distorted"?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How's this?

image >>

Looks better, but could ya go smaller?...or does it start looking "distorted"? >>

also - it's at 89KB - can ya get it to under 50KB?
  • Options
    I thought it looked kinda large too. I'll try again. I don't think the kb's really matter as long as the size is reasonable
  • Options
  • Options
    <<< The pictures in your signature lines need to be kept at the following dimensions.
    200 x 400 >>>

I dunno? The new pic is 250 x 236. May need to get the one part under 200?
  • Options
    Steve

Try refreshing your screen. I resized it to 180x171. It looks good on my end.
  • Options

<< <i>Steve

Try refreshing your screen. I resized it to 180x171. It looks good on my end. >>

I clicked on "properties", and on Vista it's still showing as 250 x 236 - but perhaps you're right, that it's good enough.

I'm gonna try "playing around with it" and see if I can get it a bit smaller - I don't feel like incurring the wrath of Carol image
  • Options
    Refresh your screen and look now. It's 180 x 171. I guess photbucket is slow right now.
  • Options

<< <i>Refresh your screen and look now. It's 180 x 171. I guess photbucket is slow right now. >>

Still the same - perhaps you're right though about Photobucket being slow and that's why my edit didn't work initially.

Dam computers! image
  • Options

<< <i>

Dam computers! image >>

Yeah, time for some ice cold Rolling Rock. See ya later image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Dam computers! image >>

Yeah, time for some ice cold Rolling Rock. See ya later image >>

Best idea I've heard all day. image

• Options

Why are we so worried about it?

One sig on this page is already 180 x 580. image

Don't think the pixel police are going to mind 20 or 30 over.
  • Options
    I said I'd change my avatar, unless someone wants to teach me how to do a sig line on a mac.

Get the 94 wins (as of this moment) first.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Why are we so worried about it?

Don't think the pixel police are going to mind 20 or 30 over. >>

The original size Steve uploaded was 638 x 632, thats why it neede to be resized

The width isn't a problem imo, it's the length that peole would cry about.

As you said, my sigline is 580 in width but the length is only 180ish
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why are we so worried about it?

Don't think the pixel police are going to mind 20 or 30 over. >>

The original size Steve uploaded was 638 x 632, thats why it neede to be resized

The width isn't a problem imo, it's the length that peole would cry about.

As you said, my sigline is 580 in width but the length is only 180ish >>

Don't worry. We know you're Carol's boy. image

• Options

<< <i>Don't worry. We know you're Carol's boy. image >>

She told me I was down to my "last strike" years ago image
  • Options
    3 down, 1 to go...Braves hanging in there tough and playing well right now...kudos to them, and the Marlins played better than expected this season...they played tough all year.
  • Options

Losers please use the above pic in their sigline until the last out in the final 2009 World Series game.

I'd like to submit an addendum to the sigline bet if I may...but it is strictly voluntary...if the Phillies win the 2009 WS, I think the sigline losers here should keep the Phillies sigline for an extra week after the Phillies WS victory over the Yankees.
  • Options

<< <i>image

Losers please use the above pic in their sigline until the last out in the final 2009 World Series game.

I'd like to submit an addendum to the sigline bet if I may...but it is strictly voluntary...if the Phillies win the 2009 WS, I think the sigline losers here should keep the Phillies sigline for an extra week after the Phillies WS victory over the Yankees. >>

okay, if an extra week is too harsh, then at least an extra day...come on...an extra hour? anything?
  • Options
    almost there..........get those siglines ready.........dam this forum is gonna look so purdy.

• Options
    I imagine some of you recently thought this might be another 1964 when the Phillies collapsed....no, no, no, no, no............
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering if SteveK is going to follow up this bet by putting a Jets logo in his sigline after the Jets win the Super Bowl!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not saying anything but I'm having a feeling of deja vu with this race, LOL! >>

I'll tell ya what...if the Phillies blow this lead...as well as the mandatory Braves sigline, I'll also place that youtube video song link of "Meet the Mets" in my sigline up until the start of next baseball season....I figure the odds of the Phillies blowing this lead are around 200 to 1. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>I'm just wondering if SteveK is going to follow up this bet by putting a Jets logo in his sigline after the Jets win the Super Bowl!! >>

Nah - I can only do sigline bets against teams I don't like, or perhaps in a big game like the Super Bowl. I ain't got nothing against the Jets...and as you know, they are playing some very good football right now.

Here's to an Eagles - Jets Super Bowl....then we could do a sigline bet. image