Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Master Build *NEW* HOF, Future HOF, Has Beens and Never Was's

Comments

• Options
    A couple of non pack variations of the Edge Tech inserts for around $9. I call them NNO's because they don't have the normal hand #'d/100 on the back of them but instead they are blank. I now have the #'d/100, preview and the nno of Manning.

• Options
    Well his dad was a super star. Just a very minor pickup.
    #52 Brian Griese PSA 8
  • Options
    A small addition to the family. Isn't he cute?
    #58 Edgerrin James Hologold #'d/200
  • Options
    Some more Edge Tech NNO's. It's amazing that these things seem to come around in groups and then I'll never see any listed again for 6 months or so. The Aikman and Bledsoe are an error of some sort. The foil isn't printed on the name properly thus leaving it with a blurring effect when scanned.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    A couple of ok pickups.
    Jerry Rice Edge Tech #'d/100

Mark Brunell base PSA 9 to replace the PSA 8 I have
  • Options
    Just a small mail day. I now have the trifecta of this card.
    Shaun Alexander Edge Tech Preview
  • Options
    I bought this 10 card lot from Beckett Marketplace. Kinda b-day present to myself.
    All Hologolds #'d/200
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    I wasn't paying attention when I place a bid on these which all are missing the Edge00 and Supreme logo. I guess I should have read the auction description better. Oh well live and learn. So I have 3 Edge Tech variations missing the logo's on the front and missing the hand serial number on the back(I knew).
  • Options
    I've been pretty much letting these stack up over the past month due to the fact that I've been feeling like crap lately. I found out why when I went took my annual physical for work and found out that I have high blood pressure. So for my 42nd birthday I got blood pressure and cholesterol pills. The doctor said that it was genetic and I would have to take them forever. My wife said hopefully I will not be such a beeaach now. I don't think she's very funny. image It's been so long since I've scanned I had to retrain myself. Anyway to the cards.
    2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Hologold NNO's
    imageimage

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Hologold #'d/200
    imageimage

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Edge Tech Brett Favre Preview. Buy the card and not the holder.

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Peyton Manning Auto
  • Options
    Well I'm finally use to my new medication but 3 weeks ago I was elected union president and boy, what a pain in the butt. Anyway here are some pickups since my last post. Not a whole lot but I did get one good one.
    Keyshawn Johnson Edge Tech Preview

Steve Beurlein Hologold #'d/200

Greg Hill Hologold #'d/200

And finally the "good" one. These rookie hologold cards are only #'d/20 so are real hard to come by and I have managed to get 10 of 40 so far.
    Tee Martin Hologold #'d/20
  • Options
    With these I've completed the 7 card glossy base preview set. All are numbered according to the first letter of the players first and last name. I already had the Manning.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    3 more to add to the set. Chad Pennington Edge Tech preview card. Tim Couch and Courtney Brown Edge Tech No serial number.
  • Options
    Four more to cross off of the list. I don't know what's up with so many of these cards being graded by Advance but oh well, buy the card not the holder. Again, I hate my scanner because it just doesn't do these cards justice.
    #ET7 Emmitt Smith Edge Tech Preview

#ET11 Edgerrin James Edge Tech Preview

#ET14 Dan Marino Edge Tech Preview

#ET43 Peter Warrick Edge Tech #'d/100
  • Options
    I flat haven't been picking up much this month. Only one but it's a tough one.
    #HG168 Brandon Short HOLOGOLD #'d/20
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    Started the month off good with these pickups.
    Jamal Lewis EdgeTech Preview #ET37

Doug Johnson Hologold #'d/20 #172

Lavar Arrington Holgold #'d/20 #151A Pulled from Production
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Pretty sweet Arrington.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty sweet Arrington. >>

Thanks MG. It will probably only grade an 8-8.5 because it's a foil card but I'm very happy with it. I've seen that card on Ebay 2-3 times and I was betting that I wouldn't get this one. I thought there was a Arrington collector that kept beating me out on his cards. After some cleaver detective work I found out the guy has bottomless pockets and bids high on everything and only collects #'d and auto cards of everyone. He must have been sleeping when this card was listed because he didn't even place a bid on it. A first for him regarding this set and Arrington.
  • Options
    Just a couple of more steps leading to the final goal
    Peyton Manning #59 PSA9

Laveranues Coles #U170 Foil Update "one of 2000"
  • Options
    This is the most cards that I've purchased at one time. 26 Cards all #'d/200 which puts a dent in what I need to complete this set.
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

And Two More That I didn't believe existed because I'd never seen them

imageimage
  • Options
    Forgot about this one that I purchased last month. I've never seen one #'d/100.
    Travis Taylor Edge Tech Preview
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Forgot about this one that I purchased last month. I've never seen one #'d/100.
    Travis Taylor Edge Tech Preview >>

It must be a preview subset. Now you have to find all those too image

Good stuff Jay!
  • Options
    Apparently Beckett online price guide doesn't list all of the cards that were also produce as previews because I have picked up some that are not on their list.
  • Options
    Five more to add to the stack. 5 Edge Tech all not hand serial numbered with 4 rcs. This brings the total cards that I have obtained in this set set to 599.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Well since I lost my job in May my buying has pretty much come to a standstill but I couldn't pass up on this 28 card rookie Hologold lot. Hologolds were normally #'d/20 but these aren't numbered thus they are NNO's.
    I now have 34 Hologold NNO's and 627 cards total.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    My father's day gift. 19 Hologold cards all #'d/200. I now have 113/150 hologold cards with the total cards I've obtained for this set reaching 646.

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    One one to add today but it's a good one. I knew if I waited long enough I would get one at a decent price. The seller simply listed it as: 2000 Edge Supreme Hologold.
  • Options
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    Count me as a fan of this thread.

But do you ever get the feeling the Collector's Edge folks are still cranking out a few variations in a basement somewhere just to mess with you?

It looks like with their quality control it will likely be impossible for you to ever know if you have finished your "master" set.

Good Luck and thanks for the scans

Dave
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    What's up Matt. I see your going after a Jay Novacek collection now. What happened did you all ready buy all of the Smith cards in existence?image
  • Options

<< <i>Count me as a fan of this thread.

But do you ever get the feeling the Collector's Edge folks are still cranking out a few variations in a basement somewhere just to mess with you?

It looks like with their quality control it will likely be impossible for you to ever know if you have finished your "master" set.

Good Luck and thanks for the scans

Dave >>

Ha! It seems that way sometimes. I'm getting closer to my goal and I'm figuring I'll have purchased all most everything by the end of the year. With exception of a few hologold rc's #'d/20 because the only seller that I can find them through wants high bv on his Becket store but he does list them at a low starting bid on Ebay every once and a while. I also believe I'll have some trouble finding the Perfect 10 graded cards within my price range. There are still a couple of auto cards I don't have. I'm still kicking myself for being so cheap when I saw them listed on Ebay over a year ago and I haven't seen them listed again since.

Thanks for the kind responses. I wonder sometimes if anyone is paying attention.
  • Options
    It's been over a month since my last pickup. Boy the pickn's are getting slim. This is one of the cards that I was referring to in my last post. Why would a company make a card #'d/42 of a nobody? This is card brings my total to 648.

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Pro Sig Authentics #'d/42 James Johnson
  • Options
    Here's another one that I haven't seen in a while but I finally got one. This makes my card total to 649 devoted to this set.
    Pro Sig Authentics Darnell McDonald Blue #'d/40
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I love this thread, keep up the great work!
  • Options
    Just a minor one card mail day. This makes 650 cards obtained.
    Mike Alstott Hologold #'d/200
  • Options
    Seven new cards. I now have 655 cards devoted to this set. I found all of these hiding on the internet.

I already had these but I wanted to upgrade the condition
    imageimage

Jamal Lewis Update

Terrell Owens, Troy Edwards and Duante Culpepper Hologolds #'d/200
    imageimage

FINALLY!!! Peter Warrick Perfect 10 "One of 100".
  • Options
    Ah, the greatness that is Peter Warrick of the Bloomington Extreme (indoor football leauge)

That guy was unreal in college. Too bad he couldn't make it in the NFL.
  • Options

<< <i>Ah, the greatness that is Peter Warrick of the Bloomington Extreme (indoor football leauge)

That guy was unreal in college. Too bad he couldn't make it in the NFL. >>

What's challenging and frustrating at times is that a lot of the cards that I need to complete my set are of players who didn't play very long or hadn't really amounted to anything.

Here's a list of the Rookie Hologold cards #'d/20 that I need for an example:
    Chad Pennington
    Peter Warrick
    Courtney Brown
    Thomas Jones
    Jamal Lewis
    Ron Dayne
    Plaxico Buress
    Tim Rattay
    Travis Taylor
    Ruben Droughns
    JR Redmond
    Sherrod Gideon
    Dez White
    Chafie Fields
    Keith Bullock
    Shyrone Stith
    Michael Wiley
    Danny Farmer
    Rob Morris
    Troy Walters
    Giovanni Carmazzi
    Sebastian Janikowski
    Nail Diggs
    Todd Husak
    Jerry Porter
    Brain Urlacher (which I don't think exists)

Yes some are still playing and having a decent career but some I may never see due to the fact that they may have only played a couple of years. Collectors that have the cards I need may think no one else wants them thus never putting them up for sale. Who knows how much unopened product there is out there. I really can't see plunking down $45-50 for a box hoping that I might get one of these cards. Oh well, I'll get as close as I can.

• Options
    Received these 12 hologolds #'d/200 for my birthday today. I now have 667 cards devoted to this master set and need 66 known cards. 1- Pro Sig Auto, 4 - Updates, 5 - Perfect 10 PSA10, 8 - Edgetech, 20 - hologold base #'d/200, 28 hologold rc #'d/20.

Jamal Anderson, Marcus Robinson, Kevin Johson, Troy Aikman
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Olandis Gary, Charlie Batch, Marvin Harrison, Damon Huard
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Ricky Williams, Hines Ward, Isaac Bruce, Stephen Davis
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Just a small one card addition to the family. What's funny is I paid $1.04 and shipping was free but the seller sent it through Paypal shipping so he lost money. I was expecting a PWE to show up.

2000 CE Supreme Randy Moss Edge Tech Preview #15
  • Options
    Two small pickups. Cards 669 and 670 I have towards this set.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Do you know how many of the autographs come in different ink colors? I have the Williams you have but mine is signed in black.

Edit to add scan.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
  • Options
    Why yes I doooooo.
    I think I got the list off of BGS online price guide:
    Ricky Williams: Red #'d/to10, Blue #'d/39, Black #'d/230
    Darnell McDonald: Red #'d/10, Blue #'d/40, Black #'d/230
    Cade McNown: Red #'d/325, Black #'d/650
    James Johnson: Red #'d/10, Blue #'d/42, Black #'d/1450
    Tim Couch: Black #'d/650
    Randy Moss: Blue #'d/150
    Peyton Manning: Black #'d/1000

The ol'lady is going to be coming home from work soon so I'll post scans tomorrow, if you'd like, of all the ones I have. Some are PSA/DNA.

Updated: Duh, I forgot, just look in my photo bucket link in my sig if you would like to see pics. I have all of them except James Johnson Red
  • Options
    This is realy a great thread! Wonder if you looked at checkoutmycards.com? They seem to have a good inventory of all types of cards. Good luck in completing your set.

Wayne
  • Options

<< <i>This is realy a great thread! Wonder if you looked at checkoutmycards.com? They seem to have a good inventory of all types of cards. Good luck in completing your set.

Wayne >>

Thanks Wayne I greatly appreciate the kind words. And yes I have emptied checkoutmycards of all of the cards that I needed for this set. Check out the post from Sept 10 where I posted the Peter Warrick Perfect Ten PSA 10. All of those cards in that post were from them but I will keep an eye out just in case they list something else that I need. I've also purchased the only two cards that sportslots had that I needed which means I'm running out of options of where to buy cards. There still are a couple on Ebay in seller stores but they are wanting outrageous prices on them. I'm hoping that if I keep a watch on those items the sellers will eventually drop their prices needing to make a sale. Also Beckett Marketplace has a lot of cards that I need but are also listed on the high end price.
    Here is an example of what I need on Ebay:
    Just in case someone wants to buy me an early Christmas present
    Oh in there is no way in hell that card will EVER sell for that much. Maybe 5% of that

Jay aka SoonerCowboy

Oh, I forgot that I need everyone to say a prayer at around 7:00 pm CST tonight. OU is playing Miami and I don't feel good about it. image
  • Options
    Two to add today and both hologolds. #93 Kent Graham Hologold #d'/200 and #153 Chad Pennington Hologold #'d/20. It's also good when I can marked a #'d/20 off the list. Total cards at 672

imageimage
  • Options
    Where are you with the graded ones now....regular and perfect 10? You might remember I collected all the 2000 CE graded sets and while most of the others are complete or almost....I never got far on this one. I imagine I have a card or two I can send you (at no cost). Tried to click you page but it was taking too long to load for my 3G.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    100!

Congrats on your progress toward this monstrosity of an undertaking.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com