Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Master Build *NEW* HOF, Future HOF, Has Beens and Never Was's

Well I'm doing pretty good on this set which my results up this point can be viewed in my Photobucket at the bottom. I'm getting down to graded common cards and the hologold parallels and a sp Manning auto. I received 21 cards today that were from the same seller so I only paid $6 for shipping. The seller had 50 cards that I needed that ended within 2 days but I just couldn't afford all of them. Anyway here are those cards:

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Hologold Parallels All #'d/200
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    My photobucket dedicated to this set is coming along nicely but there are some cards I need to rescan. I upgraded to their Pro version which has a couple of different characteristics then the free version. Has anyone else tried the Pro version?
    Only one recent addition:
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Jay, with all the variations, how many cards total are in the set?
  • Options
    That is actually a good question that I wish I knew the answer to. The reason being is that I don't know which cards were released after they shut down. Such as the Unnumbered cards but here is what I can estimate:

Base Cards: 150
    Rc's #'d/2000: 41
    Hologolds: 190 (Hologold Arrington Rc not printed)
    Unnumbered Hologold: Unknown, I haven't seen very many unnumbered but they seem more prevalent among the Rc's So I'll say: 60
    Edge Tech: 50
    Edge Tech Previews: 20 (Estimate)
    Unnumbered Edge Tech: Unknown
    Supreme Future: 10
    Monday Knights: 20
    Pro Signature Authentics: 14
    PSA Perfect 10 Redemption: 10
    PSA 10 Perfect 10: 10
    Supreme Route: 10
    Supreme Team: 10
    Rookie Update: 40
    Rookie Update Foil: 40
    Rookie Update Foil PSA graded: 40

So I'll say around: 650 cards depending on the different "after market" variations that I can find and not counting the PSA base cards.

There are also some cards that sellers have deemed "Print Proof", "Printing Plates" and "Match Print". These most definitely were not sold in packs and purchased from Collector's Edge when they closed the doors. Which is where I'm sure where the Unnumbered Hologolds and Edge Techs came from. I'm not interested in the "Print Proof", "Printing Plates" and "Match Print" at this time but who knows I might go after them eventually.

I have 469 so far. My gosh I'm still a long ways off.
  • Options
    Two more to add from the seller that I bought the 21 cards from:
    Fred Taylor Hologold #199/200

Travice Prentice Hologold rookie #13/20. These are VERY hard to find and this one is in perfect condition. I have only obtained 8 of the #'d/20 rookies that were within my price range. You don't see them very often.
  • Options
    My recent pickup. I got this on a best offer after losing an auction because I was tired of trying to get this at a lower price. I ended up only spending around $1.00-$1.50 more then the auction ended for.
    @#%! Emmitt Smith collectors.image
    This raises the total of my master set so far at 464 counting base cards. Comments welcome....Um, appropriate comments welcome. image

2000 Collectors Edge Supreme Emmitt Smith #ET7 19/100
  • Options
    Finally snagged one of these. Thankfully for me his popularity is dying down.
    2000 Collectors Edge Supreme #U159 Shaun Alexander Foil Rookie Update One of 2000 PSA Gem Mint 10
  • Options
    gstarlinggstarling Posts: 463 ✭✭
    Congrats man. I always love hearing about the odd ball sets that collectors try and obtain.

This is the kind of thing, like the Sabo insanity image , that separates us from the "investors". We'll still be the ones on eBay grabbing that pop 1 common on eBay when the economy is in the tank.

For me, it's 1994 SP Die Cut Football and 1993-1994 NBA Scoring Kings. Two sets that I loved when they were launched but couldn't afford at the time.

Congrats on where you are and good luck on continuing your quest.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I it weren't for the dang team and player collectors this set would be a lot easier to do.
  • Options
    rlankhaarrlankhaar Posts: 157 ✭✭

<< <i>If it weren't for the dang team and player collectors this set would be a lot easier to do. >>

Lol...isn't that always the case? image And I've noticed its always the ones you least suspect.
    Always looking for 1996 Select Certified Football.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If it weren't for the dang team and player collectors this set would be a lot easier to do. >>

Lol...isn't that always the case? image And I've noticed its always the ones you least suspect. >>

Yep, I seem to get outbid by those collectors who usually will bid low-high bv on players who never amounted to anything. Oh well, that's what makes it a challenge.
  • Options
    Not nothing too spectacular just a variation of an insert. This completes the trifecta on these. I now have the #'d/100, Preview and Unserial numbered versions:
    Travis Prentice Edge Tech Preview
  • Options
    This isn't really a new pickup but a new discovery. Was looking at the condition of my base cards and poof, out comes a hologold. For some ungodly reason when I pulled this from a pack in 2000 I put it with the base cards. I'm happy because it means one step closer then I thought I was and one less headache.
    Robert Smith Hologold #'d/200
  • Options
    kingraider75kingraider75 Posts: 1,500 ✭✭
    Who was Travis Prentice, I don't recall him at all.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options

<< <i>Who was Travis Prentice, I don't recall him at all. >>

Drafted out of Miami of Ohio. Played 3 years 2000 Browns, 2001 Vikings and 2002 Cardinals. Had 512yds and 8 tds with the Browns, 13 yds and 2 tds with the Vikings and nothing with the Cardinals. Another story of wasted youth.
  • Options
    Two new pickups from the same seller. I love it when the same seller lists cards I need. Got these for $2.85 delivered. Maybe some of you have heard of these two:
    Jamal Lewis Edge Tech #87/100
    "I was really pleased to see this card listed especially since I could never recall it ever showing up on Ebay so I was poised to drop down some dough, $.05."image

Randy Moss Hologold #179/200 Had to spend a little more for this one. $.80
  • Options
    Just a minor mail day today. Picked up a Peyton Manning base variation:
    #59 Peyton Manning Preview
    Only difference between this card and the base card is that the preview card has "preview" stamped on the back.
  • Options
    A couple of more little editions. Two Edge Tech Preview variation cards:
    Doug Flutie Edge Tech Preview

Eddie George Edge Tech Preview
  • Options
    Two packages via Bidville.com sellers:
    Hologold Variations NNO
    imageimage

Stephen Davis PSA 8 Base
  • Options
    One of the best mail days I've had in awhile. All cards from the same seller. Have I mentioned I like winning auctions from the same seller. Ebay seller allcsinc has helped me a lot with this venture. Anyway to the cards:

Doug Flutie Hologold #'d/200

Tiki Barber Hologold #'d/200

Now for the MAJOR addition. This card was pulled from production because the big jerk wouldn't sign his license agreement and I can only remember seeing maybe 5-8 of them on Ebay in all most 8 years.

Lavar Arrington Edge Tech #'d/100?
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Very cool to watch your progress with this set. Allcsinc has a ton of CE stuff, including many limited items, and I think they bought up at least part of the inventory when Edge went under. Definitely a seller you will be doing more business with I suspect.

Snorto~
  • Options
    I was figuring he bought up the leftovers Collector's Edge had in stock when they went out of business also. And yes this seller has gotten alot of my money this year all ready and will probably get some more.
  • Options
    Have I mentioned I hate Player/Team collectors. Just missed this one AND HE'S RETIRED!! I can't believe that this card went for this much. I may have to reevaluate my bidding on this one in the "future" if I want to snag'em.
    I'M DEPRESSEDimage
  • Options
    Well I decided to re-evaluate my set according to Beckett Collection/Standard Catalog and so far here is what I've accomplished:
    Updated June 5 2008
    100% Base
    100% Rookies #'d/2000
    100% Monday Knights
    100% Perfect 10 Redmptions 100 print run not #'d
    100% Route XXIV
    100% Supreme Team
    100% Supreme Future #'d/100
    90% Update missing 5
    76% EdgeTech missing 12 #'d/100
    75% Pro Sig Autos missing 3
    40% Perfect 10 PSA missing 6 "one of 100"
    31% Hologold Base missing 98 #'d/200
    20% Hologold Rcs missing 41 #'d/20
    14% Base Preview missing 6(only 7 made)
    I need 172 cards

Beckett Collections and the Standard Catalog of FB cards doesn't list these
    These are non production or not released in packs/boxes variations.
    50% Update Foil PSA - I have 25 and only 27 have ever been graded by PSA
    10% Base PSA/BGS - missing 135 Only 32 have been graded by PSA and 6 by BGS
    5% Update Foil (not psa)
    ?% EdgeTech Previews(Neither listing have a complete list) - I have 8
    ?% EdgeTech NNO - I have 2 Probably left over stock when CE went out of business
    ?% Hologold NNO - I have 6 Probably left over stock when CE went out of business
    I'm not collecting what some sellers list as Press Proofs or Match Prints.
    The cards that I need, unknown

And the quest goes on

• Options
    Another pickup from Bidville. Again these hologold rookie parallels are hard to find unless you're wanting to pay high bv at a Beckett store.
    Chris Redman hologold #11/20
  • Options
    I finally got a card that's been just outside my reach but I got'em. I lost an auction 23 days ago and vowed to possibly raise my bidding on this card to make sure that I wouldn't miss out again. Well about a week ago I won this auction for $9.00 less then it went for last time and also picked up a variation card that I need. Anyway here is one of the last "BIGGIES" that I need for this set(All I need is the Edge Tech Peyton Manning Auto and I'll be done with the higher dollar cards):
    Lavar Arrington Supreme Future #51/100!!

Kurt Warner Edge Tech NNO variation
  • Options
    Got these in today. The seller listed them in lots of 3 so now I have 3 of the same card but I paid the amount I would've for one. I didn't care too much for the way they were shipped in a team bag with cardboard on each side and held with scotch tape. If this seller continues shipping cards like this he doesn't have to worry about packaging cards for me any longer. The listings didn't describe the condition but the groups of three all had the same dinged corners plus the cardboard wasn't overlapping the cards so they were sticking out. Anyway I'm done with that rant.
    Raghib Ismail #39 Hologold #'d/200

Terrence Wilkins #60 Hologold #'d/200

Reidel Anthony #134 Hologold #'d/200

Jacquez Green #137 Hologold #'d/200
  • Options
    First mail day in a while. Boy did I need a fix.
    #ET6 Troy Aikman Edge Tech Preview - Won this on Ebay for $3.99 so the cruddy grading company doesn't bother me. "buy the card not the holder".

#HG23 Curtis Enis Hologold #'d/200 - I guess my final buy from bidville since they're going out of business. Just my luck too because I was finding some cards at decent prices on there.

My next venture will be a Master set of the 2005 Topps Cracker Jack baseball set. The 2000 CE Supreme's are getting harder to come by at below high bv. Might start doing both at once.
  • Options
    Thanks Matt aka LawmowerMan aka LMM aka Emitt Smith Collecting God
    #90 Ricky Williams PSA 9
  • Options
    Sweet set!
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    I was REALLY hurting for a fix last week and bought these TTM's on Ebay. Not really what I'm building for but hey, they're an ok addition to my set.
  • Options
    Again nothing too spectacular and needing anther fix. Bought these from an Ebay store for a $1.25 or so a piece. Boy the cards I need aren't showing up on Ebay very often and Beckett stores want high bv for everything which is the only other place I can find these. I've already bought everything on Naxcom that I needed. Oh well.
    #174 Michael Wiley Update Foil #'d/2000

#177 Anthony Lucas Update Foil #'d/2000

#179 Rob Morris Update Foil #'d/2000

#168 Shyrone Stith Update Foil #'d/2000

#186 Sebastian Janikowski Update Foil #'d/2000
  • Options
    Pretty happy with this pickup. The seller had it listed as "Dan Marino--2000 Coll.Edge Supreme Graded" and the description only stated that it was for a Mint 9 Marino card. So after contacting the seller for more details I end up getting this for $3.99.
    #74 Dan Marino PSA Mint 9
  • Options
    I was surprised that I got this for $4.25 because I figured one of those crazy EMET Smith collectors would get it. I hate EMET Smith collectors.image
    #39 Emmitt Smith Hologold #'d/200
  • Options

<< <i>I was surprised that I got this for $4.25 because I figured one of those crazy EMET Smith collectors would get it. I hate EMET Smith collectors.image
    #39 Emmitt Smith Hologold #'d/200
    image >>

Me too!
  • Options
    jaderockjaderock Posts: 185 ✭✭
    I like your dedication to this set! keep it up!
    Most complete single player collection: ULTIMATE MARK BRUNELL COLLECTION
  • Options

<< <i>I like your dedication to this set! keep it up! >>

Thanks JR. I'm still working on it but it seems as though getting the cards that I need through Ebay are rapidly becoming scarce. I keep checking Naxcom but I've bought every card needed on there and the Beckett Marketplace sellers mainly want high bv. I'm tryin'!!
  • Options
    Well I paid a little more then I'd like to have but since his cards are selling between low and high bv I'll take it.
    Brett Favre Edge Tech #'d/100
  • Options
    Yet another Favre pickup for $2.49 delivered. In very nice shape.
    Brett Favre Hologold #'d/200
  • Options
    Sticking with the Favre theme, not intentionally, another cheap pickup for $3.75 from a seller who waited 10 days to ship after my same day payment. I was surprised to actually get it because buyers had left negative feedback indicating that the seller didn't ship because he wanted to jack up shipping costs.
    #52 Brett Favre PSA Mint 9
  • Options
    AknotAknot Posts: 1,196 ✭✭
    Some people will remember I picked up a truck load of football cards in 04. Do you have a need list? PM it to me. In the next week or so im going to be hopefully digging through that stuff. I have no problem sending you "needs" and you deciding what they are worth.
  • Options
    Oh Yeahhhhhh!!! Sorry I couldn't resist. Will send pm soon and whatever help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    Jay

I saw that you won that Emmitt last night for .99

I was gonna put a low bid on it just in case you didn't see it and just mail it to you.

Glad I didn't image
  • Options
    Well thank you for thinking of me. And yep I thought of you when I won the auction and since I'm not really focusing on high graded cards it'll do. A PSA 10 would've been nice but I'm happy. I've been getting pretty lucky lately by getting some good cards for low bids. It's weird I'll go weeks and even months with nothing being listed that I need and then suddenly Ebay is flooded with cards that I need.
  • Options

You need this?

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    So thats from photobucket?
    -Rome is Burning

• Options

<< <i>So thats from photobucket? >>

Are you referring to my Favre PSA 9 card?
  • Options
    I finally won a graded Emmitt Smith base card since SOMEONE outbid on the last one that I went for.
    #39 Emmitt Smith PSA 9
  • Options
    Trade Complete from Bigfische:
    I get:
    Plaxico Burress Edge Tech Preview

He get:
    1998 Collectors Edge Masters Manning Preview
  • Options

<< <i>I finally won a graded Emmitt Smith base card since SOMEONE outbid on the last one that I went for.
    #39 Emmitt Smith PSA 9
    image >>

Who would have done that?