Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Belated Thank You Bill (lsutigers1973)

Was in need of a handful of singles to finish off an 1989 Score and 1989 Fleer baseball sets and Bill stepped up to the plate to help out.

Package arrived while I was in Bangor and although I had squeezed in the time to PM a thank you to Bill I wanted to do this here as well.

Here was the handful of cards he sent to finish off the sets. image

Also sent some miscuts but I can't remember exactly what was sent as I didn't have the time to scan them as I usually do so I can keep track of who send what so I'm sorry about that. I do remember that these were included.

And I think the rest were 86 Topps (wish I could remember).

Very much appreciated and I thank you.

Comments

• Options
    89 Fleer came from the Uhaul stuff.

Good luck with the baby Jeff.
  • Options
    slantycouchslantycouch Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭
    Oh are those the ones that Bill sent after I offered to finish your sets, thereby stealing my thunder?

This thread should have MY name on it Bill. MINE!

• Options
    Please don't hatte.
  • Options

<< <i>Please don't hatte. >>

• Options
    Your hatter looks happy. I would even venture to say gay.
  • Options
    Please don't hatte.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool Jeff.

That was very generous of Bill.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Bill is the guy that just left for Iraq.
  • Options
    Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    Congrats Jeff! I love the 1989 Fleer set, it's the one that got me back collecting after my time off to chase girls and drink beer.

Bill, you Da' Man girlfriend! image
    Looking for Carl Willey items.
  • Options
    CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    obvious fakes
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Options
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy reading these old threads. Memories of the good old days when it seems there were random acts of kindness and a general feeling of goodwill towards most, and a good bit of tolerance for those we may disagree with. I miss many old time posters and it seems they were replaced with some who want to be the biggest know-it-all, condescending, bores and overall jerks. Oh the good old days.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    just to be clear, you're bumping a guy who eventually was outed for selling trimmed cards on ebay and banned from these boards. what are we missing, again?

i think there's still a lot of goodwill here. see: secret santa thread.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I enjoy reading these old threads. Memories of the good old days when it seems there were random acts of kindness and a general feeling of goodwill towards most, and a good bit of tolerance for those we may disagree with. I miss many old time posters and it seems they were replaced with some who want to be the biggest know-it-all, condescending, bores and overall jerks. Oh the good old days. >>

image Ralph aint that the truth,I doubt to many people on this forum are older than me probably a few.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy also sold a bunch of silver on ebay and never sent the product.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see Ralph's point. I get on these boards for fun and enjoy the positive stuff.
    Daniel
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can see Ralph's point. I get on these boards for fun and enjoy the positive stuff. >>

I equate it to the time before 3rd party grading when dealers thought it was A-OK to sell overgraded cards for NM/MT prices, and saw nothing wrong with trimming off all the edges to make the corners sharper and thought that adding some marker to chips made the cards look better. I am sure that some members are waxing poetic and missing that period as well. That is my take on bumping up old threads involving questionable ethics members.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Pots and kettles, kettles and pots
    Live in glass houses and take their shots
  • Options
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pots and kettles, kettles and pots Live in glass houses and take their shots >>

Ironic that you would say that, Scott.....
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    Always had good dealings with Bill - hope all is well...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...