Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Box of 20 & Capped Bust Quarter Registry - The BJW Collection. Part 4 - More coins added 12

dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
Some of these coins have been shown here before, but in the past all I could display were my very average photos. I decided to ask Becoka to photograph a few of my coins and was amazed by the results! Ben did an amazing job and he'll certainly be photographing more coins for me. Check out his work!! I give you all 15 of my "Box of 20" with more to come...hopefully.

Edited 7/22/09: Ben was nice enough to image 5 more of my box of 20 for me. Enjoy!

Edited 9/10/09: Ben imaged 4 more coins for me! Check below! The new coins are the 09-S IHC, 1818 CBQ, 1839-O Half and 1795 DBD

Edited 12/22/09: Well it looks like this is it folks. I don't think I'm going to quite make a full box of 20...yet. I've divided the pics up into my Capped Bust Quarter registry set (small though it may be) and my others. Sorry about the different picture sizes, I will remedy that ASAP. The new coins in this update are the two 1825 Quarters, the 1834 Quarter, the Iowa Commem and the Morgan Toner.

Edited 5/12/10: I've added a new Bust Quarter to my set: a beautiful 1824 from Doug Winter. I've also changed the registry name to Crusty Bustys...seems to fit right? image Also, I submitted the 1795 Bust Dollar for Secure Plus grading. It now resides in a SP VF35 holder.

BJW's Crusty Bustys!

I bought this from JJ Teaparty. The jewel of my small, but growing registry set.

Purchased from JJ Teaparty in an ANACS holder and crossed at the same grade.

My first ever Capped Bust Quarter. I intially bought it because 22 is my lucky number. I've been looking for an upgrade for quite sometime, but '22 quarters in XF/AU are tough to come by! Purchased from DLRC.

I just picked this up from Doug Winter. He may specialize in Old Gold, but he knows his old silver too! PCGS XF40 CAC.

Before I bought this coin I was doing the set without varieties, but since I was able to secure this tough 1825/2 B-1, I started the varieties set as well. Purchased from JJ Teaparty

Yes, this 1825 B-2 has a light, old-time scratch on the face. Let's just get that out of the way now. The scratch is FAR less apparent in hand and can really only be seen if you know it's there. Other than that minor imperfection, I love this crusty original piece. Purchased from Rich Uhrich.

This 1834 is my first CAC'd coin (I bought it that way). It's a beautiful, crusty piece with loads of luster and color. I would love all my quarters to look like this! Purchased right here on the BST

The Rest

I always wanted to own the only O mint 3CS. It took me forever to find a nice one! The strike on this piece isn't entirely razor sharp, but it's far nicer than other examples of the issue. This is one of my few eBay coins

My first and only Draped Bust Quarter. I purchased it from JJ Teaparty. I love the crust on this piece as well as the nice, even strike.

This may not "fit" with the rest of my box, but I've always loved this SLQ. I bought it when I was a teenager from my local shop. I love the look of the coin...it reminds me of granite for some reason. Ben nailed the look of the coin perfectly.

This is my first 1822 coin. It was purchased at a show (from a dealer whom I've forgotten unfortunately) in an NGC holder and crossed to PCGS. The pictures are very accurate, the toning on the reverse is very attractive IMHO.

I don't really collect CBHs, but I've always wanted an example of this very cool date. Purchased from Brian Greer.

The Engagement Coin. My Fiancee is from Iowa originally, so my friend bought us this as an engagement present. This coin certainly has a special place in my collection.

I bought this raw when I was a teenager and I had it on lay-away FOREVER. I'm glad I stuck with it because it's a beaut! She now resides in a SP VF35 holder.

This is the only Morgan Toner I have. I love the colors...they don't jump out as NEON to me, which makes me like it even more. Ben captured the color perfectly

My 1834 QE has moved on to a new home:

My 1909-S Indian Cent has been "retired." It's off to a new home.

Another retiree: this 79-CC Morgan was one of my favorites and is still my favorite Morgan date, but it was time for it to have a new home. PCGS XF45, purchased from DLRC.

Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file