Home U.S. Coin Forum

What did you buy today or what do you have your eye on???

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll start..... Bought 4 Barber quarters and 2 Barber half dollars.....Doing my part to stimulate the Coin economy.....how about you other guys??image

Comments

• gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Texas commemorative 1935-D.
  • I'm looking for RED matte proofs I just found a blazer 1911 in PR65RD
  • ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1857 D gold dollar PCGS AU50...waiting for the check from Heritage.
  • I bought a seated quarter off of ebay because it has a really cool counterstamp. Looking forward to getting in in the mail soon! image
    For those that don't know, I am starting pharmacy school in the fall. image
  • cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    Had to take advantage of free shipping.... image

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i COULD

I could take off my Caps Lock, for starters.

I could tell you what I have my eye on, but then I'd have to kill you. image

No, but seriously, I am selling more than buying these days. A lot of my money is going to be put towards getting several hundred coins photographed, since I lack the requisite skills and equipment.

I have my eye on a PCGS common date $5 Liberty but it's just a casual glance at this point, still mostly window shopping.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did not buy it today,but this is my most recent purchase.Still awaiting delivery.1876-P Trade $ Pcgs XF-40

edit to add pics.
    Trade $'s
  • LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    groceries:
    Yogurt
    Milk
    Pecans
    2 sammiches for lunch
    2 pieces of fresh salmon for dinner

• mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I was looking seriously at a Heritage auction lot, only to find the reserve was well above the current high bid, hundreds more than I was planning to bid.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    My last purchase was a few days ago. Won't be buying anything for at least a week or two. cheap slabbed quarters from Ebay
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Not really looking to buy right now, but the 1793 1/2 cent in MS64 on Heritage caught my eye. For a cool $210,00 it can be yours.

Also, I'll bet this is a nice circ trade dollar on Teletrade. Trade Dollar
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought this one for my 1909 Mint Set. 1909-S U.S. Philippines Peso PCGS AU58

imageimage
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few days ago, I picked these up in Palm Springs

As far as what I have my eye on...........................well one member here knows what I am hoping for
    and it may be a dream come true. And I will make sure everyone knows if it comes throughimage

• BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nothing and nothing, unfortunately...and I was at a coin show today!
  • JonMN34JonMN34 Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Looking to buy a collection of 284 Lincoln Errors
    Collector:
    Currency - 1928-1929-1934 Series Stars All Denom. - 126 of ~846
    Lincoln Cent Varieties
    Baseball cards: Kirby Puckett
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a toned Lexington in 66 or 67 is at the top of the list
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I bought a common DMPL but the dealer is a little slow on the emails......I am in no rush so no big deal.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Purchased nothing... eyed the following for a few seconds as my attention was caught.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!

• << <i>I'll start..... Bought 4 Barber quarters and 2 Barber half dollars.....Doing my part to stimulate the Coin economy.....how about you other guys??image >>

Ok...spill the beans... what dates? what grades? image

I didn't make any purchase today... but over the past few days I hace received a large number of recent purchases... mainly Barbers and Seated... and i have a lot of Morgans to pick up tommorrow...

Best purchace in the past week... a F12 18/7 PCGS Buff and some real nice PCGS Barbers image ...and some real decent seated quarters including a civil war date image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I put out what I thought was a low-ball bid on an MS65 Boone..... I won this for $101 (Plus $15 Juice, Plus $11 S/H)

imageimage
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭
    window shopping with NEN:

www.brunkauctions.com

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I traded yesterday for an 1879 MS63RB IHC and today for an 1899 MS63BN IHC, a 1908 MS64RB IHC and seven raw IHC's(hopefully 63RB's).
    BTW as a new ANA member under the free 6 month signup, can I now send coins to PCGS for certification? I've been a member for years with NGC. Just curious.
    Sounds like some of us are keeping the market afloat.
    Thanks
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This too... anyone got a spare $462,500.00?

imageimage
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • rsdoug81rsdoug81 Posts: 682 ✭✭
    Drool! Amazing Birch cent. There's one at Park Avenue Numismatics that I like to check out often.
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't purchased a coin since the end of May and the one before that was in April. Was it because I didn't want to or couldn't? No. The ones I want aren't showing up. I'll be there when they are.
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    savoyspecial, I too was drooling over that piece!

• FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to... well you know the rest.

If I get it, I'll let you know.

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
  • GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    a couple ebay gambles...
  • A '37 proof set with this stunning buffalo.
    Take a look at all the colorful coins at Chameleon Coins
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image a coin store

HE>I

• tychojoetychojoe Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭
    A sealed set of the Log Cabin Lincolns LP1 for $10! image
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Oh. This too, with a funny C on the reverse.

imageimage
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a 1921-P Mercury Dime, PCGS graded XF40. Nice PQ coin.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    I no buy, but I am entering a

selling cycle.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • erroiderroid Posts: 795
    I won a 1972 Ike today, that I'm holding my breath on; Libs "R" appears NOT to be a Peg Leg.... Like Bear, I am also selling.
    John G Bradley II
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A '37 proof set with this stunning buffalo.
    image >>

Droooool, wooowwwweeee!! Awesome!
  • I just aquired a PCGS MS65 1948 Franklin ---- as far as what I'm following , I have learned to keep quiet on here till I have it or decide to let it go.

Dan

U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    Have not bought anything in months. It's not for a lack of trying, just can't find anything I really like. image
  • JoeLewisJoeLewis Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭
    I had my eye on THIS, but bidding surpassed my max about an hour ago. image
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 24,275 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up date variety number 54 for my secret collection. Cost was less than $10, including shipping.

13 to go.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • kahokiakahokia Posts: 140 ✭✭
    Flea market odds and ends today. A two-headed Jefferson nickel. A very dark EF otherwise 1864 2 cent piece. A 1942 reichspfennig. A 1989 1/20th oz Panda. Mostly junk. I'd have been better off waiting to visit a shop or a show.
    We are digging the pit of Babel.
    --Franz Kafka

<< <i>image a coin store >>

Say it ain't so, Joe. Will I be making that trip up North after all? image
  • relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an offer on an 1847 Large Cent in EF40/40 with the Anacs certificate for the type set.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
    Bought this one today....

imageimage

Got my offer out on this one....image

imageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file