Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Finally...

Bought myself a new car to run around in, nothing fancy just a civic coupe. But it was funny how many times you have to sign and whatnot to buy a $15k car but just a handshake for a coin of the same, or greater, value.

So anyway, just post a coin that gave you that "finally" moment, here's the 1894 nickel that took us 4 years to find:

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

Comments

• Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    You said it!
    imageRIP
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Only two junk posts... much fewer than I was expecting image

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489
    That's a mighty fine looking lady....image
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146

i guess mine would be the dc d ddr quarter.
    finally! i discovered a sought-after error before (most) anyone else.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you trust yourself to spot defective coins more than you trust yourself to spot a defective car
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    It didn't take me 4 years to find this, more like a month or two, but these are tough to find in F/VF, which is what I wanted for my set.

And congrats on a car. I bought my first one last year (Nissan Sentra) for about the same amount. I have about 2.5 years left to pay it off!
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the wheels and on the '94 Liberty, Speety!

Here's one that took me 17 years to find. I bought some other nice dcam '58's before this one, but this one is in a different class entirely. Generally 1958 cam/dcam Frankies don't have the level of contrast of the rest of the Frankie series. The most common dates with killer contrast are '56, '62 and '63. There was only ONE know 1958 die that produced Killer contrasted Frankies, and it is estimated it only produced about 8-12 coins with ultimate contrast. Given that '58 is my birthyear I'd been looking for one of these ever since I started collecting Frankie proofs (1989). I finally found this one in 2006.

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    The 1958 is an amazing specimen.

It looks like one of Tomaska's Finest.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .....nice '94 nick...whenever the reverse bottom corn actually looks like corn and not sausage, you're doin' great!

• Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭
    Wowzers! I like that '94!!
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file