Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

BBCE Group Case Break - 2001 Topps Baseball - Mantle Pulled & PSA 10 Ripken poppage!

13»

Comments

• Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    I opened a bunch of these packs back in 2001 and was lucky enough to also pull a Mantle, 61 Topps #475. It is only about a 5 condition wise, but it is to this day my favorite pull ever. Can't ask for much more than finding a vintage Mantle in a pack of 2001 Topps.

Mike
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! I would love to see a scan of it! Mine came with that terrible surface smudge, but I love it anyway! image
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I busted my box last night and pulled a Ripken that has a shot at a 10!! The specs you see in the scan are on the outside of the CS1. The reprints in this year are pretty cool too. Are any of them worth the cost to have them graded?
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

<< <i>K, I came up a few cards short myself. If you'd like, I'll swap you strait up for what you need to what I need. I haven't gone thru to see what ones they are, but I know I'm missing a few. Don't feel bad about the #1 Ripken I think we all got shafted. Bill is the only one left who could strike 01 #1 gold! >>

Definitely down to do a straight up trade with you.

I put together a list of the cards I didn't hit:

#3 Roger Cedeno
    #74 Mike Matheny
    #111 Julio Zuleta
    #202 Luis Alicea
    #288 Armando Reynoso

Kinda ticked I didn't pull these considering I pulled like 5 or 6 of some of the others...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>K, I came up a few cards short myself. If you'd like, I'll swap you strait up for what you need to what I need. I haven't gone thru to see what ones they are, but I know I'm missing a few. Don't feel bad about the #1 Ripken I think we all got shafted. Bill is the only one left who could strike 01 #1 gold! >>

Definitely down to do a straight up trade with you.

I put together a list of the cards I didn't hit:

#3 Roger Cedeno
    #74 Mike Matheny
    #111 Julio Zuleta
    #202 Luis Alicea
    #288 Armando Reynoso

Kinda ticked I didn't pull these considering I pulled like 5 or 6 of some of the others... >>

Perfect, I have an extra of every one that you need. Shoot me a PM with your addy and I'll drop'em in the mail tomorrow. The cards I'm missing are...

#7 Mickey Mantle
    #300 Vladimir Guerrero
    #343 Coach Johnny Oates

I'll reply back with my addy.

If anyone else needs anything to complete their sets or if your looking for a specific card you want to sub, I'll go thur my extras and send it to you if I got it.

I'd like to get another #2 Chipper Jones if anyone has one, because I'm thinkning about subbing mine, it's one of the best cards I got out of the whole pull!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options

<< <i>I busted my box last night and pulled a Ripken that has a shot at a 10!! The specs you see in the scan are on the outside of the CS1. The reprints in this year are pretty cool too. Are any of them worth the cost to have them graded?
    image >>

That's a sweet #1 About what mine looks like, just put a nice gold transfer line right across his shoulders! I'm still ticked about that!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    Finally got mine today. Only opened half a box and got one each of #1 and #387 in minty fresh condition. Also got an auto, Gary Templeton. image
  • Options
    Here's the best from my 3 boxes. Thanks for setting this up Jeff. It was fun.

All 4 cards are going in on the group sub. The Jeter Gold is very minty fresh.

• Options
    I finally sorted mine. Here is what I need for the set (ignore the #'s that are Ripken since I have them but they are being graded). PM for trades.

2001 Topps Baseball Series 1
    Needs: 7, 47, 72, 80, 104, 113, 129, 134, 249, 269, 294, 315, 317, 335, 387, 392, 393
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    I got one!! image

2 2 15842766 GEM MINT 10 2001 TOPPS 1 CAL RIPKEN JR. Card US

Between pulling that Mantle, and now getting a #1 in PSA 10, this turned out to be one hell of a rip for me! image
  • Options
    Jeff, I mean this in the nicest possible way.......YOU SUCK!!!
  • Options
    I'll take that! image

My other one came back a PSA 8, so who knows what was on that one...
  • Options
    Nice!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter