Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2009 Proof Sets-

Come out 6/1/2009. Will these include the the lincoln cents that are the same metal content as the 1909??? image

Comments

• Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    Si
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Word
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Si >>

Si = Yes. image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
  • Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Word >>

UP !!!
  • Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    ditto...
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Oui
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Yessireee ! ! !
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666
    yes, 95% copper. too bad the mint didn`t do the buisness strikes in 95% copper.
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>...too bad the mint didn`t do the buisness strikes in 95% copper >>

You will be able to get UNC bronze cents in the 2009 Uncirculated Sets.

Any guesses on what a MS70RD will go for?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yes, 95% copper. too bad the mint didn`t do the buisness strikes in 95% copper. >>

imageimage and wish it would happen but really know it couldn't happen image

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I'd even pay $8.95 for a P & D roll of 95% copper!
  • Options
    coinman420coinman420 Posts: 4,666

<< <i>

Any guesses on what a MS70RD will go for? >>

those sets contain satin finish not business strike. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    How many sets are you buying?

What is going to be in the 2009 Silver Mint Set?
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    the hoopla surrounding the new cents is insane enough without the business strikes being 95% copper!
    Imagine if they were? We'd probably have seen one of those Walmart Christmas-time stampedes by now.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options

<< <i>the hoopla surrounding the new cents is insane enough without the business strikes being 95% copper!
    Imagine if they were? We'd probably have seen one of those Walmart Christmas-time stampedes by now. >>

There already were on May 14th.

It was a tad freakish.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    I would guess, whatever the mintage was for the 2008 proof set ...triple that for 2009
  • Options
    GemineyeGemineye Posts: 5,374
    Is...!!....image
    ......Larry........image
  • Options
    JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    It's going to be a brick - four lenses this year ... I would have preferred to get the cents alone.

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Opo
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would guess, whatever the mintage was for the 2008 proof set ...triple that for 2009 >>

Triple at least. I'm thinking that the mintage could hit 5 million easy.
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,484 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Any guesses on what a MS70RD will go for? >>

Hmmm. Copper weight will be about 2 cents so I'll guess 5 cents?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How many sets are you buying?

What is going to be in the 2009 Silver Mint Set? >>

My understanding is that the 2009 Silver Proof Set will contain the bronze cents.

The uncirculated satin finish Mint Sets will also contain this composition cent.

I also wish that the Mint had offered business strike rolls in the bronze comp. Think they're killing the golden goose by not making that option available.

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

<< <i>

My understanding is that the 2009 Silver Proof Set will contain the bronze cents.

The uncirculated satin finish Mint Sets will also contain this composition cent.

I also wish that the Mint had offered business strike rolls in the bronze comp. Think they're killing the golden goose by not making that option available.

Regards, John >>

Are you saying that the 2009 unc. sets with not have there regular Satin Finish Cents this year ???
  • Options

<< <i>It's going to be a brick - four lenses this year ... I would have preferred to get the cents alone.

image >>

I just wish we had better Presidents than these for this new package with new cents and quarters and all. They should start over with Washington again for this set.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Si >>

Si = Yes. image >>

..........you have to press "1" for Si.................image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    What's the price on these set's ?
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options

<< <i>What's the price on these set's ? >>

a BAAAAAAHGAIN
  • Options

<< <i>

Regards, John >>

Nope-

All PROOF sets will have the bronze
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>

<< <i>What's the price on these set's ? >>

a BAAAAAAHGAIN >>

This set has three additional pennies and one additional quarter compared to the 2008 set, plus the bronzie composition for the pennies. The clad set price has increased three dollars. But the silver set price will be the same. Makes no sense to me.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    I always buy a proof set.

And I will this year.

But I want more than one set of copper proof pennies.

thus I have to spend $30 for each additional set of pennies.

I wonder if buying sets in the after market would be better, I could go $30 a set and still be good.

• Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Parb.
  • Options
    I don't see a household limit on these.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>I don't see a household limit on these. >>

Good, then I can order 10,000.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    On the 2009 Proof sets...... Is PCGS doing anything special
    on the labels for the 4 Lincolns?

• Options
    I have a subscription for the set. Will I have to go online after noon to get it ? OR.... will it be automatically sent?
  • Options
    Someone please claifiy the penny thing for me. The regular proof set has 95% copper pennies. And the silver proof set coming out soon will have bronze pennies?

Is this right or wrong, I'm lost. please help.

I want copper pennies when I buy the silver set, not bronze, Am I going to have to get the regular proof set just to get the copper pennies?
  • Options

<< <i>Someone please claifiy the penny thing for me. The regular proof set has 95% copper pennies. And the silver proof set coming out soon will have bronze pennies?

I want copper pennies when I buy the silver set, not bronze, Am I going to have to get the regular proof set just to get the copper pennies? >>

Both proof sets will have the same 95% cents. The uncirc set will have 95% cents also (but obviously not proof versions).
  • Options

<< <i>I have a subscription for the set. Will I have to go online after noon to get it ? OR.... will it be automatically sent? >>

go online and check you orders, you may see a new order already. Mine order status page does not show anything, and likely yours will not either. So call the mint with the new order number anbd ask them what it is.

if no new order number is showing up, call and ask.

either way, call and ask...
  • Options

<< <i>On the 2009 Proof sets...... Is PCGS doing anything special
    on the labels for the 4 Lincolns? >>

dunno. call and ask. it's a good questions.

on the one hand you have the 82's. mixed year.

this year, mixed year.

will they only separate them from the business strikes with a coin number?

• Options
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Someone please claifiy the penny thing for me. The regular proof set has 95% copper pennies. And the silver proof set coming out soon will have bronze pennies?

I want copper pennies when I buy the silver set, not bronze, Am I going to have to get the regular proof set just to get the copper pennies? >>

Both proof sets will have the same 95% cents. The uncirc set will have 95% cents also (but obviously not proof versions). >>

Yep, apparently, Bronze, copper are all the same.

• Options
    if you order but aren't sure about "Whatever"

cancel faster, they are processing orders faster... the cancel boxes will be gone in ___ days (?) can't recall how many ... maybe 3-5 business days or faster????????

• Options
    Thanks, now I can wait for the silver set. The proof set is pretty but I like silver.

I have benn giving out a few lincoln pennies, and not one single person has seen one yet. My rolls of fomative years should be here in a few days. I will break open 1 roll of them also and spread around.
  • Options
    F117ASRF117ASR Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭
    Eh, anyone have any idea how much the Silver proof set is going to cost?
    Beware of the flying monkeys!
    Aerospace Structures Engineer
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << I would guess, whatever the mintage was for the 2008 proof set ...triple that for 2009 >>

Triple at least. I'm thinking that the mintage could hit 5 million easy.

There may be demand for 5 million sets, but that doesn't mean the Mint will make that many.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>

There may be demand for 5 million sets, but that doesn't mean the Mint will make that many. >>

Get 'em now! The mint site was fast!
  • Options
    ResRes Posts: 1,086
    Slowing down now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file