Options

2009 Proof Sets-

2»

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order number: 31932xxx

Order Date: 06/01/2009 at 12:04 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been suspended.

{there were a few pre-sales already on eBay when I checked earlier today.}

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Mint site is slowing down now. Started at 12:08, order confirmed at 12:19 - about 11 min. Still, not as bad as the LP2 merry-go-round.

Order # 31934xxx
    "I find that a great part of the information I have was acquired by looking up something and finding something else on the way." - Franklin Pierce Adams

Positive BST Transactions: kalshacon
  • Options
    Got my 8
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

There may be demand for 5 million sets, but that doesn't mean the Mint will make that many. >>

Get 'em now! The mint site was fast! >>

Got right through also. 31932*** @ 12:03 PM ( Maybe I am the only one buying?? ) image
  • Options
    and I notice it already says "in stock and reserved"

wow! what a turn around.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>Order number: 31932xxx

{there were a few pre-sales already on eBay when I checked earlier today.} >>

Ya I saw some presales, very goofy pricing on the sets, don't get the effort to sell with a buyitnow at 39.45, with free shipping...Seems like after fees, taxes, time, paper, ink, and shipping, maybe a couple bucks...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Order number: 31932xxx

{there were a few pre-sales already on eBay when I checked earlier today.} >>

Ya I saw some presales, very goofy pricing on the sets, don't get the effort to sell with a buyitnow at 39.45, with free shipping...Seems like after fees, taxes, time, paper, ink, and shipping, maybe a couple bucks... >>

unless dealers get dealer discounts from the mint, I show them losing a bit of money even with a 15% powerseller discount.

Maybe they are just trying to keep the powerseller status and are willing to sell so near break even.
    {definitely not paying themselves out of this}

• Options
    e-mail conf. rec'd.

although I got in at 12:04 this AM !

• Options
    31938xxx at 11:53 Ak time.

Took 4-ev-er to get it thru..........
  • Options
    Mint site seems to have crashed.

Forum AdministratorPSA & PSA/DNA ForumModerator@collectors.com | p 800.325.1121 | PSAcard.com

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mint site seems to have crashed. >>

YA THINK?

I have been trying for 4 hours and all it does it stare back at me with a blank screen.

This is the govt that will be saving us@
  • Options
    droopyddroopyd Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭
    Been trying to get thru all day, maybe I'll try later tonite....
    Me at the Springfield coin show:
    60 years into this hobby and I'm still working on my Lincoln set!
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>Been trying to get thru all day, maybe I'll try later tonite.... >>

ditto image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    cinman14cinman14 Posts: 2,489

<< <i>The United States Mint is performing routine system maintenance. The system maintenance is scheduled from 12:00am until 8:00am Eastern Time. During this time period you will not be able to access the Catalog. We apologize for any inconvenience. >>

image 4:42pm central time here in OKla...

• Options
    why would the mint site display this at 2:43PM?

The United States Mint is performing routine system maintenance. The system maintenance is scheduled from 12:00am until 8:00am Eastern Time. During this time period you will not be able to access the Catalog. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Are they that screwed up ?
  • Options

<< <i>why would the mint site display this at 2:43PM?

The United States Mint is performing routine system maintenance. The system maintenance is scheduled from 12:00am until 8:00am Eastern Time. During this time period you will not be able to access the Catalog. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Are they that screwed up ? >>

all power to phaser banks!

can't write the truth or people will complain. image

• Options
    have to admit though. they've greatly increased the speed of the site.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034

Let's do the TIME WARP Agaaaaaaaaaaain!
    imageRIP
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭

<< <i>why would the mint site display this at 2:43PM?

Are they that screwed up ? >>

No, they just aren't specifying the dates under which those times apply.

Days like today, I think they just drink, shut off the computer and go home.

It's not like it costs them any sales. You'll be able to buy these coins when they sober up.

• Options
    hrlaserhrlaser Posts: 1,133 ✭✭
    I couldn't even get into the "My Account" page to log-in (at the US Mint's Web site..).. so as I sat here watching the Browser's progress bar glacially move pixel by pixel.. time out, try again, lather, rinse, repeat.. I decided da heck wif dis.. and called 1-800-USA-MINT.. within a couple minutes, I was talking to a nice {{Jerry Lewis voice}}.. YOUNG LADY!.. who took my order for {{quantity redacted}}2009 (P09) Proof set(s).. she said their confuser system was so bogged down THEY couldn't even get into it.. the order takers.. and the phone line even has a "Press 1 if you want to order the new 2009 Proof Set" voice mail tree option thingie.. so I pressed one, and she came on, and we had a nice conversation.. she said they were bombarded / barraged / overwhelmed with orders from the moment they put them up for sale.. she had NO idea how long they'd be selling them, how many they'd sell, when they'll start shipping.. no, they won't hit your plastic until they ship.. or if they'd do something nasty like cut-off sales early, like they did with the first roll-pairs of Lincoln Log Cabin cents.. and that it was highly unlikely my order would be cancelled (like it was for a couple of Lincoln Silver $s, even though I got that order in well before they sold-out in six weeks.. at which time I said "screw this" and bought a PCGS MS70 off eBay for about a hundred bucks.. and no, you can't have it.. and how's that for a run-on sentence..

So anyway.. if you (whoever "you" is / am / are).. can't get into your account on their Web site, just try a phone order instead.. I got right through.. the price is the same, you'll get an email confirmation.. and blah blah etc. etc.

Geezus The Mint wears me out sometimes..
    "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.. I don't do these things to other people.. I require the same of them.."
    - John Wayne, "The Shootist" (1976.. his final film)..
  • Options

<< <i>have to admit though. they've greatly increased the speed of the site. >>

Yes, yes it is fast. That usually happens when no one else is using a webserver. And I'd say at this point that is what is happening.
  • Options
    tjc2120tjc2120 Posts: 714

<< <i>I couldn't even get into the "My Account" page to log-in (at the US Mint's Web site..).. so as I sat here watching the Browser's progress bar glacially move pixel by pixel.. time out, try again, lather, rinse, repeat.. I decided da heck wif dis.. and called 1-800-USA-MINT.. within a couple minutes, I was talking to a nice {{Jerry Lewis voice}}.. YOUNG LADY!.. who took my order for {{quantity redacted}}2009 (P09) Proof set(s).. she said their confuser system was so bogged down THEY couldn't even get into it.. the order takers.. and the phone line even has a "Press 1 if you want to order the new 2009 Proof Set" voice mail tree option thingie.. so I pressed one, and she came on, and we had a nice conversation.. she said they were bombarded / barraged / overwhelmed with orders from the moment they put them up for sale.. she had NO idea how long they'd be selling them, how many they'd sell, when they'll start shipping.. no, they won't hit your plastic until they ship.. or if they'd do something nasty like cut-off sales early, like they did with the first roll-pairs of Lincoln Log Cabin cents.. and that it was highly unlikely my order would be cancelled (like it was for a couple of Lincoln Silver $s, even though I got that order in well before they sold-out in six weeks.. at which time I said "screw this" and bought a PCGS MS70 off eBay for about a hundred bucks.. and no, you can't have it.. and how's that for a run-on sentence..

So anyway.. if you (whoever "you" is / am / are).. can't get into your account on their Web site, just try a phone order instead.. I got right through.. the price is the same, you'll get an email confirmation.. and blah blah etc. etc.

Geezus The Mint wears me out sometimes.. >>

Here is a shorter version of the above: Site down, I called and had an order in within 5 minutes. "In stock and on reserve to be shipped in 4-6 weeks". Oh, and no thanks, I would not like a Louis Braille comm.
    "spot on my UHR, nevermind, I wiped it off"
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Those Business Strikes in 95% Cu struck with unfinished Proof Dies are going to be big.

But finding them will be a tough one. Maybe around the year 2020 these will be finally found. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file