Home Precious Metals
Options

OUCH! This guy got burned!

Comments

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Shoot, I got bigger rocks than that and I'll sell 'em for a lot less money too.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fool and his money... Even if the rock was legit, who would pay that much for it?
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing Devil's advocate: The seller might very well have sent him a gold nugget, and the buyer could just as easily grabbed a rock from his driveway. One of them is apparently a thief, but we'll never know who.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Playing Devil's advocate: The seller might very well have sent him a gold nugget, and the buyer could just as easily grabbed a rock from his driveway. One of them is apparently a thief, but we'll never know who. >>

Could have been anyone in the chain of the shipment also, not necessarily one of them.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    The least he could've done was spray paint it gold.
  • Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch is right, those pets rocks can be expensive image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shoot, I got bigger rocks than that ......... >>

Are you bragging, curly?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

<< <i>

<< <i>Shoot, I got bigger rocks than that ......... >>

Are you bragging, curly?image >>

To paraphrase Dizzy Dean... "If you can produce it, it ain't braggin". image
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    Obvious counterfeit.

I think it's AT as well.

However, if submitted and the experts agree that it is real, I think that crack is really cool! The die must have been in a very late state.

Buyer sure got ripped.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for $16K, I'd take a flight to Australia and camp out at a certain post office.
  • Options
    BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037
    reminds me of Charlie Brown at Halloween, "what did YOU get, Charlie Brown?" "I got a rock"
  • Options
    BigE2BigE2 Posts: 1,037

<< <i>for $16K, I'd take a flight to Australia and camp out at a certain post office. >>