Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

**** 348th Post Giveaway! **** WINNER ANNOUNCED INSIDE!!

***(((348th Post Give-Away Winner)))***

WINNER ANNOUNCED: TOTAL = 478.50
WINNER: mcheath with a guess of $498.
Congratulations MCHEATH!!! PM is on the way! image He'll get his choice of a 1-year gift subscription to the publications mentioned before. Thanks everyone for your guesses. image

So my recap. It was 2 long days but plenty of foot traffic. In the end, I didn't receive anything fantastic in change. I received a '76 Washington, a series 2003 $1 FRN *Star* Low Serial in VF, and a Series 2006 $1 FRN *Star* in what appears 65EPQ? Anyway, nothing too crazy but fun to get none-the-less.

Forget the $478 made from the garage sale, the best part of the weekend was the following : While sitting out on my little checkout desk area outside of the garage in the sun waching people, I spent most of my days on my laptop on ebay. I happened to be looking at some Large Size Nationals on ebay and someone walked by and noticed. Asked if I knew anything about silver certificates. I'm thinking oh geesh, someone else with a stash of 100. I asked if he collected and what he had...said his grandfather collected for years and passed it all along to him years ago before he died. He said he put it up and hasn't taken it all out for 20 years. Also said it contained both currency and coinage. He then asked if I was familiar with "some weird 2 cent coins -- are they real?" I explained to him what they were. Said he has some Barber halves and Morgans and he wasn't sure what the rest were as they are all in rolls or containers which he hasn't looked at for years and that the only reason he knew those names was because some of the "containers" (whatever that means) are labeled. Make me wonder if his grandfather was a collector or an accumulator of anything. image We exchanged info and said he'd call me this coming weekend as he'll be out of town this week and that if I didn't hear from him to call his cell and we'd arrange something hopefully soon. I do hope something becomes of it, we'll see.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file