Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

UHR Book shipped Friday.....anyone else's ship??

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭
Got the email last night my UHR book shipped. Of course it is from a order aftter 1:00 PM est so earlier orders have yet to be shipped. I guess they'll never learn their lesson about FIFO.

Comments

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Scheduled to be delivered Monday.........Next Day Air, Signature Required!!image

NOW they use it for a stupid 50 cent book!
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭
    Received mine Fridayimage
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    Mine came Friday but I haven't had time to open it.
  • Options
    curlycurly Posts: 2,880

Got mine Friday.
    Every man is a self made man.
  • Options
    northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Got the email last night my UHR book shipped. Of course it is from a order aftter 1:00 PM est so earlier orders have yet to be shipped. I guess they'll never learn their lesson about FIFO. >>

Mine was a 12:30 1/22 order. Got the notice yesterday that it shipped. Here is a picture of the book (along with the UHR) from the US Mint's booth-display at the ANA Money Show in Portland from earlier this month.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    It is really funny. UPS drops the coin on my stoop without requiring a signature, but I had to go and pick up my book at UPS because they had to have a signature. Figure that one out. image

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭✭
    Mine was left at my garage door. At least they put it in a bag!
  • Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    have mine but my other will likely be sent back because it has to be signed for in person, cant leave the signed notice on the door as a release.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    No book yet.image

I need the few that is owed, so I can ship them off to the new owners..
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Mine is in stock and reserve - no cancel box. However, I assume because I received the coin early after ordering it two days late, the book will take forever to be shipped.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS, with signature required, delivered the book last Friday. ( book must be worth more than $300 image )
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>UPS, with signature required, delivered the book last Friday. ( book must be worth more than $300 image ) >>

Well at least $157.00...Just sold one...link
  • Options
    adamlaneusadamlaneus Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭
    One last chance to purchase a UHR related item before I sell it at the upcoming Santa Clara show...

Is this spam?

Or perhaps a treet?

• Options

Dan
    Fishing is not a matter of life and death.......It's much more important than that........
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone explain to me why anyone should care about the dumb book? It struck me as wildly crazy they messed with the shipments of the coins because of problems with the book to begin with! imageimage
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>UPS, with signature required, delivered the book last Friday. ( book must be worth more than $300 image ) >>

Well at least $157.00...Just sold one...link >>

Now I HAVE seen everything!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    :
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine shipped today.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine shipped today. >>

Same here.image
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I think that it is a nice book and adds further to the numismatic and historical importance of this item!
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    I was infuriated to discover that they'd shipped it signature confirmation - for a stupid little book! - whereas they just dropped off a $1000++ gold coin on my front steps without bothering to even knock! The mint is insane. Brain-damaged monkeys have more sense than their shipping dept.
  • Options
    My book was delivered yesterday, picked it up today. Have not opened it, looks nice though.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it today, pretty neat book, checked it out briefly cause now I have to drop it in the mail to the coins new owner image
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    $157 for the book on eBay! What recession?

Seriously, though, what a joke! There will be at least 50,000 of these books floating around with the coins.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    Got mine yesterday, UPS. Signature required, too, so they delivered it to my neighbor! Why did they just dump the box with the coin at my door? Something kooky there.
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It is really funny. UPS drops the coin on my stoop without requiring a signature, but I had to go and pick up my book at UPS because they had to have a signature. Figure that one out. >>

Same here. Couldn't receive it yesterday because nobody was home. Fortunately today the wife is home to sign for it because I don't even know where the local UPS center is.

JH
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was infuriated to discover that they'd shipped it signature confirmation - for a stupid little book! - whereas they just dropped off a $1000++ gold coin on my front steps without bothering to even knock! The mint is insane. Brain-damaged monkeys have more sense than their shipping dept. >>

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine came today. The pages were bound in up-side-down!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mine came today. The pages were bound in up-side-down! >>

That ones got to be worth at least $300 image
  • Options
    nycounselnycounsel Posts: 1,229 ✭✭
    Can anyone explain to me why anyone should care about the dumb book? It struck me as wildly crazy they messed with the shipments of the coins because of problems with the book to begin with!

I really really wish that the Mint would get out of the fancy box/book business. How much money and resources are wasted on this stuff? I don't need a closet full of fancy boxes and other nonsense. all i want is a nice coin securely shipped in a plastic capsule.

and yes, i know i can sell the boxes and stuff on the secondary market, but that really isn't the point.
    Dan
  • Options
    Is this the first book the mint has publish, if so the book is a very good investment, to a library, a book collector, schools, colleges, so who knows and anyway who can say after one year the rarity of the book, we are in some very bad times with the economy, so no will can say how many will be sold, very possible the coin and book will be considered rare
  • Options
    aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭
    No Book here. Backordered.

• Options
    eggboneeggbone Posts: 615

<< <i>

<< <i>Mine came today. The pages were bound in up-side-down! >>

That ones got to be worth at least $300 image >>

MS70 U-S-D. A real rarity!

It is, indeed, a beautiful, well done addition to the coin. But....I would have rather paid less for the coin, and have just a small container for the coin and, perhaps a nice, small pamphlet describing it.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220

<< <i>$157 for the book on eBay! What recession?

Seriously, though, what a joke! There will be at least 50,000 of these books floating around with the coins. >>

300+ Million people in the U.S. 100,000 real coin collectors. I say let those fools pay..image
  • Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    Just received word that my UHR was mailed today, April 3rd... along with the book...

This one was ordered 2/24...

Not an FS like the first one, so I can open this up and have a look-see!!!
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    sebrownsebrown Posts: 424
    Received notification today that my book was shipped April 3rd. I ordered the coin/book on Jan 22nd.
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Product Name Quantity Price (each) Total Item Status

2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN 1 $1,289.00 $1,289.00 1 unit shipped on 03/16/2009
    2009 ULTRA HIGH RELIEF GOLD COIN BOOK 1 $0.00 $0.00 In stock and reserved

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file