Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I rolled the dice on eBay........**PICS ADDED**

UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought these last week and am patiently awaiting their arrival. This was one of those auctions I just went with a gut feeling there might be something good here. I'll post my pictures when they arrive. Take a look.

Link

These pics are NOT juiced! The Lincolns really do look like this!

I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.

Comments

• Options
    good luck, looking forward too the pics
    New Too Coin collecting. Here to Learn!

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Looks like some potential there. image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting... could be something good there. I have been lucky with something like that in the past. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Can't really tell about the toning from the pictures. Be sure to post pictures when they arrive.
  • Options
    YaHaYaHa Posts: 4,220
    Oh Baby, share those pics. Are you going to open? Please,please..
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the outcome, in my opinion it was a "good gamble" for a number of reasons. In this tough economic climate, I believe there will be some good/great buying opportunities on ebay.
  • Options
    no risk no reward. cant wait for pics
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh Baby, share those pics. Are you going to open? Please,please.. >>

Open? I just did a quick look-see on the auction but it seems the package has been opened already.
    Lance.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    23 Negative
    52 Neutral
    10 Withdrawn (0 removed by eBay)
    85 Total

Not a seller I'd roll the dice with, good luck though.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>23 Negative
    52 Neutral
    85 Total

Steve >>

I looked at that also and wasn't gonna comment. But, I need to agree with you.
  • Options
    Help me out. Is there something in that set that could be worth $300+? Just trying to gain a bit of knowledge. Thanks!
    Chaz

Proud recipient of Y.S. Award on 07/26/08.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭
    They have real possibilities.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>23 Negative
    52 Neutral
    85 Total

Steve >>

Ouch!!!!
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    The sellers feedback is 99.6% You wouldn't gamble on the throw of dice that was 99.6% in your favor? Ooookay...

23 Negs and 52 Neutrals so let's ignore the fact that there's 7,280+ Positives and that these numbers are over a 7-8 year period? Gimme a break.

That being said, the pics provided are pretty good and don't lose much resolution when zoomed in on. They all appear to be Plain Jane.
    imageRIP
  • Options
    I would wager that this one came in with the open ones he has... hence that will tell you what to expect.
    Coinborg: Your distinctive coins will be added to my collection.
    BS&T image : kryptonitecomics, PCcoins (2x), Spoon (7x), Coppercolor, Preussen (2x), Filamcoins, agentjim007, CB2597, DCW, 1960NYGiants
    Ebay: + <waitin'> NEG: Chameleoncoins
    NonBST/Ebay: image Rick's Coins
    WTB: Toners, BU Darkside, Sovs & 20 Mark, LMU/SMU Gold.
  • Options
    Returns
    QuikDrop will accept return of the goods only if they are not exactly as described in this listing. Returns will be accepted if we are notified through the eBay message system within 3 days from the date that you receive the purchased item and you are granted refund approval. In fairness to the individuals and businesses who sell items through our store and are expecting payment for the sale of their items, you MUST contact us within 3 days of receiving the item or a refund will NOT be granted. Return shipping and safe care/insurance of the item is the responsibility of the buyer. We will not provide a return shipping label nor funds to you for return of your item. We reserve the right to inspect the returned item before making a determination regarding any refunds of shipping and handling. We must receive the returned item within 7 days of granting refund approval or a refund will NOT be granted. After receiving the returned item(s), the item(s) will be inspected for listing inaccuracies and to determine if the item is identical in form and condition to the item that was purchased. If the item was found to be listed inaccurately, a refund will be sent to the buyer within 10 calendar days. Refunds of shipping and handling charges will not be given for returned items that are found to be listed accurately or for items which are returned without cause.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of my best "steals" on ebay have been from consignment sellers. The negs don't bother me at all with consignment sellers.
  • Options
    I would guess from the pictures there's nothing spectacular here. I see some light blues and yellows and a whole bunch of hazy, gun metal grey toning. If it is that gun metal grey toning and if it's as deep as I think it is based on the pictures, it will subdue the luster and as a result the Mint State grades would likely be limited to 65 or 66. I like UtahCoin and I hope this turns out great for him, but this is not a gamble I would have taken.
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. ~Vladimir Lenin
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish you the best

but it's my gut feeling you will be disappointed

LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    what got you interested in the 1957

vs the 1953 and 1958 they have

both those show more luster I think but less color
  • Options
    I'm not too concerned about his feedback. I read them and mostly it's about slow shipping or poor packaging on books and such. He shipped mine the day after I paid, should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can't really tell about the toning from the pictures. Be sure to post pictures when they arrive. >>

That's what I was thinking too. I had that on a watch list and made a previous offer on another set they offered. I think the pics are angled and lit a bit too much to tell how they really look from the picture.

I hope utahcoin scores though!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭✭
    Someone might want to tell him the coin pictured is not the same coin in the COA for this other item he's selling now...

Link
  • Options
    Pics added in first post
  • Options
    I think you hit the jackpot. Great pictures.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Nice pics but it looks like they need to be dipped. image
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    why do you have 56 nickels in the 57 set?

is there an entire sheet of 56's?
  • Options
    I bought a 56 & a 57 set....image
  • Options
  • Options
    JsayreJsayre Posts: 227 ✭✭
    Those coins look fabulous! It is interesting to see what actually shows up from those Ebay pics. Looks like you played your cards right!
  • Options
    coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!!

-Paul
  • Options
    I believe you have a safe bet there. The feedback is mostly slow shipping and fat women that can't fit into regular clothes.
  • Options
    RobbRobb Posts: 2,034
    Made out like a bandit! image
    imageRIP
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Utahcoin - great looking sets !!

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very handsome coins.
    You done did good.

peacockcoins

• Options
    imageimageimage

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights