Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Our buddy OSOCARDS strikes again!

Comments

• Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>you guys are freaking stupid.. i never wrote any reviews.. whay would i bash PSA? they took very god care of me.. ihave NO problems with them.

Carol, if you read this, please lock this post, these guys are out of control. >>

Do you always refer to yourself in the third persons?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    You send your secret santa gift yet?
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    This is hilarious. Out of everything you're accused of (faking MS, stealing money from charity, double-selling cards, renegging on promises, etc...), the false book review is the one you refute? I love it. I'm not into piling on, but this is just classic.

"Defendant, you're accused of war crimes, murdering women and children, beating old ladies, bio terrorism and burglary. How do you plead?"

"This is ludicrous, Your Honor. I am not a burglar."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>you guys are freaking stupid.. i never wrote any reviews.. whay would i bash PSA? they took very god care of me.. ihave NO problems with them.

Carol, if you read this, please lock this post, these guys are out of control. >>

Do you always refer to yourself in the third persons? >>

this is what i mean.. do you even know what the term 3rd person means? if i was referring to myself in the 3rd berson, i would say, "brian has done nothing wrong"

got it?

i understand i am the flavor of the month.. Carol did warn me.. hope you all are having fun..
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Do you always refer to yourself in the third persons? >>

this is what i mean.. do you even know what the term 3rd person means? if i was referring to myself in the 3rd berson, i would say, "brian has done nothing wrong"

got it?

i understand i am the flavor of the month.. Carol did warn me.. hope you all are having fun.. >>

what's a 3rd berson?
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • Options

• Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Lee is on a roll... too funny!
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>The powers that be know that I did not write that and are pretty sure that they know who did. The review was also written before I even received my book. If anyone recalls, I stated recently that my book was one of the ones returned to PSA after getting mangled by the USPS. >>

Bill, do yourself a favor and contact Amazon and ask them to provide you with the IP address of the person posing as you. If it matches the IP address that Brian uses to access these forums, he will likely be in breach of any agreement he made with PSA with regards to his return to these forums.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "Bill, do yourself a favor and contact Amazon and ask them to provide you with the IP address of the person posing as you. If it matches the IP address that Brian uses to access these forums, he will likely be in breach of any agreement he made with PSA with regards to his return to these forums. "

///////////////////////////////////////

Inside of litigation is the only way to get the addy,
    unless one has a friend at AMZN.

There is consumer software that will bust it, but you need the
    API access to make it work.

Also, a service will try to get the addy for a fee of about $100.
    (They will teach you how to do it yourself for several-hundred bucks.)
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    WAAAHHHHHHH CAROL!!! These guys found out Im a scam artist!! Please help me hide it!!! WAAAHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Why hasn't he been banned yet?
  • Options
    CU doesnt ban for scamming. It's not in the TOS. for reference: see gary daggett
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

coaches corner list

ohmy

//////////////////////////////////////////////

NOTE TO KIDDO:

It would be a bad decision for you to review any books on my behalf.
    REAL bad.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    He bids a lousy 163 bucks and cant even pay that. What is this guy's malfunction? Menace to society.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    At first I thought he was a kid that had put on a pair of shoes too big for him.

Now I think he's a guy with a serious inferiority complex at best.

<< <i>He bids a lousy 163 bucks and cant even pay that. What is this guy's malfunction? Menace to society. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    . i never wrote any reviews.. whay would i bash PSA? they took very god care of me.. ihave NO problems with them.

lol yeah we believe you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    When you're done sending your Secret Santa gift, please explain why you cashed a check for a card from someone, when you sold the same card to me two weeks before.

You're lucky that the people you've tried scamming haven't been as evil as you. Don't you realize when you try to scam enough people who have your contact info, that one of these times you'll end up trying to scam the wrong person? Being banned from a message board will be the least of your problems then.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I have to agree with Lee. You guys are completely out of line with this witch hunt. How dare you accuse Brian of misdeeds?!?! This poor soul is suffering from MS. Sure, he hasn't denied having it but why should he? When confronted, it's sorta like a slight of hand trick but that's besides the point. He said he had it in an auction and we all should give him the benefit of the doubt, period. He's an outstanding member within all of the communities he contributes to (including but not limited to here, eBay, CC, and the list goes on and on). There obviously is some type of misunderstanding and all fault is on the other parties; NOT Brian.

Seriously, how maný others have ever solicited donations in their sig? I know it seemed sketchy that potential funds would go directly into his PP account. However, the way I see it, he was making it simple and easy for MS.

Brian, I am here for you and apologize on behalf of the board.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Defendant, you're accused of war crimes, murdering women and children, beating old ladies, bio terrorism and burglary. How do you plead?"

"This is ludicrous, Your Honor. I am not a burglar." >>

• Options
    I am going to request that my fellow forum users just let this one go. I think he has had enough abuse. If he truly does have MS and for some reason is unable to work to provide for himself, he may have resorted to other alternatives to support himself and his family.

I consider myself a watchdog for not only this small collecting community but the hobby in general. In this case, all the facts are there for anyone with common sense to clearly see. For whatever reason, Brian felt it necessary at the time to do the things he did. I know most here hold themselves to a high moral standard but unless you have been in the position of having a serious illness and unable to support yourself due to a bad economy, none of you can say for a fact that you would remain honest and moral under those circumstances.

Whatever the reason was, Brian's reputation, which was actually pretty solid until about mid-December, has been ruined here, eBay and the net54 board. He will never be able to make another transaction on any sportscard forum and he has alienated a large portion of potential eBay buyers for the products he tries to sell. So once again I ask that we all just let it go. I wish him the best and happy collecting.
  • Options
    Screw him.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I am going to request that my fellow forum users just let this one go. I think he has had enough abuse. If he truly does have MS and for some reason is unable to work to provide for himself, he may have resorted to other alternatives to support himself and his family.

I consider myself a watchdog for not only this small collecting community but the hobby in general. In this case, all the facts are there for anyone with common sense to clearly see. For whatever reason, Brian felt it necessary at the time to do the things he did. I know most here hold themselves to a high moral standard but unless you have been in the position of having a serious illness and unable to support yourself due to a bad economy, none of you can say for a fact that you would remain honest and moral under those circumstances.

Whatever the reason was, Brian's reputation, which was actually pretty solid until about mid-December, has been ruined here, eBay and the net54 board. He will never be able to make another transaction on any sportscard forum and he has alienated a large portion of potential eBay buyers for the products he tries to sell. So once again I ask that we all just let it go. I wish him the best and happy collecting. >>

I don't know if his rep was solid here, wasn't he fairly new? He also did have a few probs on ebay, but it looked fairly solid like u said. I also agree with what you said. I don't know his medical condition and I've never had any conditions so I can't say what it would be like....However I will say I do have an EXTREMELY urgent financial situation right now that I've been going through and I still would never do anything that he's trying to do. If you are a good person, you will be good no matter what happens. Adversity shouldn't bring good people to bad ways.

At the very least he is not a man of his word and he isn't too concerned about his character.

So my only real concern is the fact that he will continue to cause problems to our members here if he continues to stay a CU Member. That's what concerns me. Other than that, he can be a troll here if he wants I would just hope that CU comes up with something for the buy and sell forums that makes it tough for trolls to buy and sell.

brian
  • Options

<< <i> If you are a good person, you will be good no matter what happens. >>

I agree with this statement to an extent. My only point was that until you are put in the position of not being able to take care of yourself or your family for whatever reason, you do not know how you will react or behave. I'm not defending his behavior or actions, I'm just saying you don't know until you have walked in his shoes.

My biggest complaint with this guy is if he really needed the money, why not sell the sets that he previously had linked in his old sigline? I love my cards and my collection, but if my children were hungry or my bills needed to be paid and I had no other options my cards and collection would become a secondary concern.
  • Options
    I agree with Brian. He really never had a solid rep here. It was just the fact that nobody knew him yet. Obviously when we got the chance to know him, we saw / see him for what he is.

Gotta disgree with you Bill. No matter how bad it gets for me, I wouldn't stoop to ripping people off.

In trying times, the person's true self always shines through.
  • Options
    Where is this tool from?
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Gotta disgree with you Bill. No matter how bad it gets for me, I wouldn't stoop to ripping people off. >>

That's just because no one would buy your Emmitt cards image. In all cerealness, if you ever needed help many here would step up and lend you a hand. They would help because of your solid reputation here.
  • Options
    I understand where Bill is coming from and I am about 1 hr from being hooked up to a machine

so I can speak from experience, I need money just like Brian does yet I will not lower myself

nor will I ruin my name like he has no problem of doing.

I knew this guy was untrustworthy the moment he linked me to his ebay account.

He had at that time about 8 negs already and a few neuts.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> If you are a good person, you will be good no matter what happens. >>

I agree with this statement to an extent. My only point was that until you are put in the position of not being able to take care of yourself or your family for whatever reason, you do not know how you will react or behave. I'm not defending his behavior or actions, I'm just saying you don't know until you have walked in his shoes.
    >>

Well Bill, I'm probably in worse shoes than Brian. I work in the movies and make excellent money, but lived a little overextended as I knew I would be making more money in the next few years. The last 18 months has wiped me out..I was out of work for 4 months when the Writers went on strike....I worked 1 month then got injured on a set and was out for 3 more months (The Payroll company doesn't understand my rare injury and denied most of my injury claim, hence I lost most of my pay...I now have an attorney but it takes years) then I worked a few days here and there because it was slow as the SAG (Actors Guild) let their contract expire and now I've been out of work since the day my baby was born which was Sept 4, 2008. I was called at the hospital from the movie company that they cancelled our last big set and they had to lay me off. Additionally, my wife's 401K lost over 80% of value which we could have used as an emergency.
    Last year I sold my Harley, my last 2 Mantle cards I had since the early 70's when I was a kid, both of my bicycles which were ex factory race bikes....all just to survive. I'm seriously running out of things to sell that I can't live without, but I will do whatever I have to do as we are facing a strike from the actors and that there isn't any work.

So again, I'm in very bad shoes and I can understand what he's going through...............That's If he's telling the truth...I don't think he is, because I still saw him recently making purchases on his ebay not to mention every deal he seems to do goes bad.

<< <i>My biggest complaint with this guy is if he really needed the money, why not sell the sets that he previously had linked in his old sigline? I love my cards and my collection, but if my children were hungry or my bills needed to be paid and I had no other options my cards and collection would become a secondary concern. >>

You are totally correct Bill. He should have sold whatever he can before he accepted or solicited any money from strangers.
  • Options
    Tuff to sell and get a decent price when your ebay feedback sucks like his does.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Brian I am not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that it is about time we let this one go. He messed up. Whether he admits it or not, he was wrong and he knows it and the entire card collecting community knows it.

Speaking of movie sets, have you ever considered moving to Shreveport? Our little city is now being called "Hollywood South". We have had at least two major motion pictures being filmed here non stop for the last 3 years or so.
  • Options
    I guess we can let it go until the next time he scams someone.

I hear he has told the person over at 54 that he will send him his dough

this Friday. Why can't he mail it out today? Why must this person stress all week

only to have next week come and go with Brian making up some outlandish reason

as to why the refund never came.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Brian I am not disagreeing with you. I'm just saying that it is about time we let this one go. He messed up. Whether he admits it or not, he was wrong and he knows it and the entire card collecting community knows it.

Speaking of movie sets, have you ever considered moving to Shreveport? Our little city is now being called "Hollywood South". We have had at least two major motion pictures being filmed here non stop for the last 3 years or so. >>

Actually our local does movies there and I knew lots of people that worked on Benjamin Buttons there in your area in addition to filming it out here. The only way I could work in your area is the movie has to be a production based in Hollywood like Benjamin Buttons. Many of the movies in Shreveport are production companies based in NY or in your state which requires different union locals..They are still in our main union, but not the same local. I've actually talked to a studion in your area and he said that it's slow everywhere right now because of SAG.'

You are right about letting it go, I was just stating that I hope he isn't able to screw any more of our members in the future.

brian
  • Options
    There are millions of folks with _far_ worse hardships, illnesses etc. Having a disease does not exclude you from responsible behavior. In fact, as many of us already know., Folks with major illness don't become selfish. They become more empathetic of others and far less concerned with personal gains. At least it's been my observation in thirty+ years in the medical field.

I do believe there is a severe illness. Just not so certain that MS is the culprit.

• Options

<< <i>There are millions of folks with _far_ worse hardships, illnesses etc. Having a disease does not exclude you from responsible behavior. In fact, as many of us already know., Folks with major illness don't become selfish. They become more empathetic of others and far less concerned with personal gains. At least it's been my observation in thirty+ years in the medical field.

I do believe there is a severe illness. Just not so certain that MS is the culprit. >>

You couldn't have said it any better. I'm very active with our Church and we've had many fund raisers from sick people raising money for others and for their cause...Not for themselves.
  • Options
    Just for the record, Brian (Cards for MS) did admit he did not have MS. In the previous proofed thread with his if he had or did not have MS it did not matter comment. I believe Brian's current stance is he did not tell anyone he had MS...which I guess is partially true. He wrote it in his auction.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options

<< <i>Just for the record, Brian (Cards for MS) did admit he did not have MS. In the previous proofed thread with his if he had or did not have MS it did not matter comment. I believe Brian's current stance is he did not tell anyone he had MS...which I guess is partially true. He wrote it in his auction. >>

Actually, he said it here, too.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just for the record, Brian (Cards for MS) did admit he did not have MS........... >>

But in Craig's link to a CU thread CardsForMS said "as you may know I got diagnosed with MS on August 1st,......."
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Just for the record, Brian (Cards for MS) did admit he did not have MS........... >>

But in Craig's link to a CU thread CardsForMS said "as you may know I got diagnosed with MS on August 1st,......." >>

Menopause Syndrome??
  • Options
    Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Moron Syndrome?
  • Options
    Megalomaniac Syndrome.
  • Options
    Isn't this illegal....He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls because he said he didn't want to sell them any more, but he also gave his new ebay id a positive review for osocards.

Instant Payment.. Thanks cardsbysgc ( 149 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
    Jan-09-09 13:38
    -- (#330299110296) -- View ItemText
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Isn't this illegal....He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls because he said he didn't want to sell them any more, but he also gave his new ebay id a positive review for osocards.

Instant Payment.. Thanks cardsbysgc ( 149 [Feedback score is 100 to 499] )
    Jan-09-09 13:38
    -- (#330299110296) -- View ItemText >>

Apparently it's ok to do as eBay has been alerted to it multiple times and nothing has occurred.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls......... >>

That's all kinds of funny right there.
  • Options

<< <i>He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls because he said he didn't want to sell them any more >>

Brian, I wouldn't want to sell mine neither
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.....He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls......... >>

That's all kinds of funny right there. >>

Yes there is....He would probably scan his balls and try and sell them on ebay and then say they got lost in shipping after the winning bidder never gets them.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>He had an auction and placed a winning bid on his own balls because he said he didn't want to sell them any more >>

Brian, I wouldn't want to sell mine neither >>

No they are kept in a jar up on the fireplace mantel, so Tonya can keep track of you when you are out!!image
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    cheated
    100imageimage