Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

should I neg a seller for lying?

I don't like to leave negs especially for a cheap card but....

Bought a card with BIN for $2.99 +$2.75 SH on Dec 9th and paid immediately.

On Dec 20th I sent seller a question reminding him it's been 11 days and asked if he'd shipped the card yet

He replied on the 22nd "Yes card was shipped last week. Sorry for the delay. Thanks again, Chris"

The card showed up today postmarked on the 21st and the 22nd

Not a big deal, wasn't in a hurry for it. It was just to complete a set but why lie like that especially if it's gonna be so obvious when I get it?

What would you guys do - just ding him on shipping time?

Comments

• Options
    did he send it in a plain white envelope>?

was the card damaged in any way ?

if it was wrapped nicely, and he didnt rape you on shipping; i'd let it slide.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Let it go. Happy New Year.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    #1 - Maybe he really DID think he shipped it. Once I remember thinking I shipped out a card when indeed I did forget.

#2 - Nothing lost on your end, right? ... It's Christmas time ... give him a break.

#3 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd let it go.
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I would let it slide,but you can ding him on his ratings.

Brian
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    no nothing wrong with the transaction, shipped well in padded envelope, etc.

Just looked at his feedback and he got a neg from someone today that bought something on the 11th and still hasn't received it. That's jumping the gun a bit IMO but shows a similar issue

Guess I'll be nice but only cause I'm a nice guy
  • Options
    NEG him.

• Options
    I'd let it go.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Let it go.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    let it go...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Now what does the little man inside you say?
  • Options
    Rube that guy.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Now what does the little man inside you say? >>

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Now what does the little man inside you say? >>

image >>

I thought zep quit dating midgets?

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I think a neg would be excessive. Ding his DSR though.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    I didn't neg him and it got paid forward with some Heritage packs I just ripped image All good
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Generally, I would not neg him for this. It's possible he thought that he did send it to you, but realized otherwise right after he sent the email. What's important is that he responded immediately after you contacted him. Also, it's the holiday season so I would imagine he's made numerous trips to the PO over the last couple of weeks and it gets hard to track.

Now, if he DIDN'T send it out immediately after I contacted him, and I had to pursue him a second time just to get him off his butt to check, then that would be different story.
  • Options
    That's cool that you got some nice pulls on the Heritage. Now it's all good and you don't have to spend any more energy on the situation
    Nice ending
  • Options
    Ide pop his DSR's!
  • Options
    At least you got the card.let it go
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    let it go.

i had a different positive feedback left today: card measures short but in a psa 10 holder.

oh well.

merry christmas and happy new year!!

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    You know, you just might want to buy something from this guy in the future that you really need. Why burn a bridge when you don't need to? A few extra days to wait for a card. No biggie.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Look at the big picture. The transaction went well, right? That's all you need. As far as him lying....its not that obvious. He could have thought he shipped it. Being that it is the holiday season, its possible he misremembered or got confused. At worst, he was just telling a white lie because he got embarrassed for not sending it out earlier, but did respond once you inquired about it. It does not seem like any malice. I would not even go as far as damaging the DSR scores. Those kinds for things should be left to some real crooks. Seriously, if he gets below a 4.9 average on a category, he gets penalized in some way by ebay. If he is a small time seller, he could be booted out easily. We don't want there to be less sellers on ebay that are generally good. Its not like this seller scammed you in any way--he sent out the product as described and it did not take long considering its the holiday season. 11 or 12 days is OK. Let it go this time.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    it could have been an honest mistake. If you neg him he may send you a severed head. That is usualy what I do if someone is quick to send out a neg. image I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. If that is your bigest worry then you are doing better then most of us.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I say let it go too, however, I don't buy the 'he thought BS'. If that was the case why didn't he email again?

I know if I told someone that I mailed the item out only to find out later in the day that I had in fact did not
    I'd email again just so I would NOT look like the white liar that this guy was.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like he forgot to send out some auctions or didnt make the time to send them. If I had to guess, he forgot and when you reminded him, he remembered. I would never leave a neg in this situation and honestly would not even ding his DSR rating.

Look at it this way, we all hate ebay. If you neg him for a delay and he has to pay higher FVF due to ebays retarded DSR policy, then ebay gets more money. They need to be squeezed until they squirm and go bankrupt.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    I never had any intention of negging him - Think I've only handed out 1 in the last 8 years or so and that's when I got ripped off along with a bunch of others when a good seller went bad. Just wanted your opinions on the matter.

Looking at his feeback though, it looks like this is normal procedure for him and the slow shipping wasn't just me. I do see that the more expensive stuff he's sold arrived to the buyers much quicker than the cheaper cards he sold. Not exactly a good business model IMO

And I do agree with Craig, I think if he really forgot to ship it and realized it after telling me it shipped a week before, a follow up email was deserved.

Not a big deal, the card showed up but it was 3 weeks to the day from when it was paid.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    i say give him the youtube fishslap that i cant find now that was so funny the guy had a laughing fitimage
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    The guy might not have been "lying" but may have made an inocent and harmless mistake. I would let it go and worry about something important.
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    youtube fishslapimage