Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

quarterly freebie: are no edge lettering coins allowed?

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 2007-P George Washington with no edge lettering, plus it's the "starburst" version.

Is this coin considered an Error?
Does "starburst" require a variety designation fee?

Thanks in advance for any help!
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    good question, theres nothing in the PCGS listing that says you cant.
  • Options
    I think I recall some asking this question recently. I beleive you cant get variety or error attribution on a quarterly grading special.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I think it would need to be submitted as an error if you want the edge or starburst (if they note starburst) noted on the holder.

Ed
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it would need to be submitted as an error if you want the edge or starburst (if they note starburst) noted on the holder.

image >>

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not think that you have to send it as an error. Send it under number 149317, the missing edge varitey. It is not like they can put it in a regular P or D slab... there is no mint mark to tell which mint it is. The starburst error is something different and I have no idea.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've successfully had errors graded under quarterly special. I wouldn't particularly say the grade was a success!

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file