Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

quarterly freebie: are no edge lettering coins allowed?

DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a 2007-P George Washington with no edge lettering, plus it's the "starburst" version.

Is this coin considered an Error?
Does "starburst" require a variety designation fee?

Thanks in advance for any help!
When in doubt, don't.

Comments

• Options
    Halfhunter06Halfhunter06 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    good question, theres nothing in the PCGS listing that says you cant.
  • Options
    I think I recall some asking this question recently. I beleive you cant get variety or error attribution on a quarterly grading special.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I think it would need to be submitted as an error if you want the edge or starburst (if they note starburst) noted on the holder.

Ed
  • Options
    nankrautnankraut Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think it would need to be submitted as an error if you want the edge or starburst (if they note starburst) noted on the holder.

image >>

I'm the Proud recipient of a genuine "you suck" award dated 1/24/05. I was accepted into the "Circle of Trust" on 3/9/09.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not think that you have to send it as an error. Send it under number 149317, the missing edge varitey. It is not like they can put it in a regular P or D slab... there is no mint mark to tell which mint it is. The starburst error is something different and I have no idea.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've successfully had errors graded under quarterly special. I wouldn't particularly say the grade was a success!

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file