Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Just for fun. The crappy brother

2»

Comments

• digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>I pick Paul Reuschal as the crappy brother. Rick was a pretty good player, winning 20 games at least once and
    winning over 200 for the crappy Cubs. >>

Paul was a relief pitcher who had a 5 year career, with a life-time 4.51 era and a 1.455 whip. Bleh.

Rick, on the other hand, enjoyed a 19 year career and finished with 214 wins, 2015 strikeouts, and a 3.37 era. Not quite a "crappy" anything.

Rick got 135 of his wins with the Cubs, and got the rest with the Yanks, Pirates, and the Giants.

At the age of 40, he started for the NL in the 1989 All Star Game. That honor is muddled by the fact that he gave up a mammoth lead off HR to Bo Jackson, then served up another to the next batter, Wade Boggs.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Billy Ripken? >>

I disagree. He didn't suck THAT bad. He was one of the best defensive second basemen I've ever seen (personal opinion). Hitting, sure, he was sub-par, but I wouldn't call him crappy by any means. >>

Sorry but lifetime .247, 20 HRs, and 229 RBIs over 12 years = crappy, probably even really crappy.

Dewey Selmon simply pales in comparison to Lee Roy. image
  • Peter Brady < Tom Brady
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sandy Alomar Jr. (who could also go in the other thread) >>

Yup, he's in there along with Roberto >>

Yep, I remember lawnmower got that one with a pretty good line.
    "Remember the Alomars"
    I liked that line. image
  • mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>< Billy Ripken? >>

Compared to Cal, Billy is crappy.

Eddie Murray had a brother play and he was so crappy I forget his name.

Steve >>

That would be Rich Murray.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
    Here's a crappy father/son duo.

King Richard Petty, probably greatest Nascar driver ever.

Son, Kyle Petty, who always finishes at the back of the pack or wrecks. Miss Daisy should be driving him.
  • mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Dewey Selmon simply pales in comparison to Lee Roy. image >>

In the same vein: Bubba had a crappy brother named Tody Smith. Tody? My buddy and I wondered who was the better of the crappy brothers. Dewey Selmon or Tody Smith. Both D-Linemen I believe.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Rich Murray | Bats: R | Throws: R | Born: 07/06/1957

SEASON TEAM G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI AVG
    1980 SF 53 194 19 42 8 2 4 24 .216
    1983 SF 4 10 0 2 0 0 0 1 .200

Career Totals 57 204 19 44 8 2 4 25 .216

I GUESS THIS QUALIFIES AS THE CRAPPIEST OF THE TWO BROTHERS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I still think "Butts" Wagner is the all-time crappiest brother.

Pun intended since it appears no one got it earlier.

Steve
    Good for you.

<< <i>I still think "Butts" Wagner is the all-time crappiest brother.

Pun intended since it appears no one got it earlier.

Steve >>

What pun? I don't get it. Its just not obvious enough.
    Its kind of like saying Dolly Parton is titilating.
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Henry Mathewson (brother of Christy)

Dave Sisler (brother of Dick, son of George)

Steve
    Take your pick between Frank, Jim, Joe and Tom Delahanty (brothers of Ed)

Steve
  • Craig Bradshaw. Terry's brother.
  • Randy Moffit. Billie Jean King's brother.
  • downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Dennis Hull (Bobby's brother). >>

Dennis was far from crappy
    303 goals , with 351 assists for 654 points

Chicago Blackhawks Legends - Dennis Hull
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Bernie Mantle
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Juan Bell, younger brother of George "Taco" Bell of Blue Jays fame

• << <i>Here's a crappy father/son duo.

King Richard Petty, probably greatest Nascar driver ever.

Son, Kyle Petty, who always finishes at the back of the pack or wrecks. Miss Daisy should be driving him. >>

Hard to live up to the expectations of the Petty name. Although he had some relative success, I'll cut him some slack considering that his son died running practice laps.
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mark Howe was Gordie's son, not brother. He was also a very solid player for 15+ years. >>

Marty, Mark's brother was the crappy one. Mark was a All-Star player many tiimes.
  • schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I'd have to go with the aforementioned Craig Griffey. If he were a Dudley, he'd be "Dances With" Dudley. For those that need an explanation regarding the Dudleys...
    Who is Rober Maris?

• << <i>Vince Dimaggio, brother of Joe and Dom.

Can't include Dom, Ted Williams said he was one of the best players of their time. >>

Dom may have been a great player but he almost ran me over last year crossing Route 6 in Marion Mass.

Nice Jaguar though!
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    funny thread.

i laugh, then smash keyboard.

j
    RIP GURU
  • purduepetepurduepete Posts: 791 ✭✭✭
    How about John Paciorek? His brother Tom was in the majors for 18 years; John was in the majors for only one game. He had a heckuva game though: 3 for 3 with 2 walks, and 4 runs scored!

John Paciorek stats from Baseball Almanac
    Tom

Collecting: Topps 1952-79, Bowman 1952-55, OPC 1965-71, and Pre-War White Sox cards
  • Carlester Crumpler - Alge Crumpler's Brother. Carlester never amounted to much as a Viking, and Alge had a year or two in the sun during the Mike Vick Area. Plus the names can't be beat!
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>David Von Erich >>

Interesting choice. Most people say David was the best of the 5 brothers. I wouldn't agree - I think Kerry was. But whatever. If you're talking "crappy" Von Erich, you gotta go with either Mike or Chris. Or Lance, if you wanna include fake relatives...

Tabe
  • siblings suck.
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    Randjob Gracie
    ·p_A·
  • julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    RIP GURU
  • Did I win yet?
  • My brother.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭
    Eli Manning
    Nelson Munsey

Chuck Muncie's brother. Nelson was so crappy, the family made him spell his name differentlyimage

Steve
  • Ken's brother Dave Dryden.
    Goalie for the Oilers.
    Do You Collect image Baseball 1937,1965-94,2008-09?
    Or Regional Canadian Baseball Issues?
    Come be a contributor to the OPC Baseball Wiki. It's free and easy!
    OPeeChee.Wikispaces.Com
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do half brothers count? Because if they do, we could be here all day with NBA players. >>

imageThis is the funniest comment I've read in a while. With the out of wedlock rate in Baltimore , around 93% , this may have even a deeper thought.

I have not read this entire thread but my vote goes out to Henry Mathewson , with a nifty (0-1) record stacked up against Christy Mathewson , winner of 373 games.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do half brothers count? Because if they do, we could be here all day with NBA players. >>

imageThis is the funniest comment I've read in a while. With the out of wedlock rate in Baltimore , around 93% , this may have even a deeper thought.

I have not read this entire thread but my vote goes out to Henry Mathewson , with a nifty (0-1) record stacked up against Christy Mathewson , winner of 373 games. >>

Steve Dawson beat me to the punch on the Mathewsons.image
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    CDsNuts - I was just watching the Karate Kid the other night and recognized your icon from the final fight - it was some guy in the background on the "no mercy" team. Is that it or am I going crazy?
  • Biff Gerhig - brother of Lou Gerhig. Better known as the "Iron Cow"

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have not read this entire thread but my vote goes out to Henry Mathewson , with a nifty (0-1) record stacked up against Christy Mathewson , winner of 373 games. >>

Steve Dawson beat me to the punch on the Mathewsons.image >>

That reminds me.
    Steve Dawson, whose Hall of fame brother Len Dawson guided the Chiefs to their only Super Bowl victory.

<< <i>My brother. >>

this made me lawl..
    ·p_A·
  • TabeTabe Posts: 6,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Tommy Aaron? Career .229 BA and 13 HRs in 7 years...

Tabe
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    How about a number of crappy brothers:

Big Ed Frank Delahanty, HOF'er, also was joined in the big leagues by four of his brothers: Frank, Jim, Joe and Tom. Do you know about any of these four? Most do not.

I don't think anyone can top *that*: numerous crappy brothers joining him in the bigs.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Larry Yount

Steve
    Good for you.
    Mr. VG-EX

(brother to Mr. Mint)
    ·p_A·
    Ramon Martinez

He was supposed to be the better pitcher, but he quickly fizzled out and Pedro came up and blew Ramon away.

Steve