Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

what would a bank wrapped roll of '46-D walkers cost me...

...and where can I get one?
"Everyday above ground is a good day"

Comments

• Options
    I've never seen an OBW roll of Walkers in person, and haven't heard of many in existence at all, but I'm sure some are out there.

Your challenge will be finding an OBW roll of walkers in the first place, let alone a specific date. I imagine you'll have to simply be in the right place at the right time. It's not the type of thing that will last long in dealer's inventories.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Circulated specimens or Uncs? I presume you mean to say UNC bank wrapped roll. Now, let me get this
    correct, you want a roll that was wrapped back in '46 with the D mints? Unwrapped for 62 or so years?
    May be out there but boy, you will be opening your wallet for sure.

Good luck
    bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are around as I have seen them.

However, they are not many of them left.

Cost? Figure on up to double greysheet BU roll prices.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a little tougher date that no longer carries much of a premium. They are out there.

Someone might correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is one of the few walker dates where quality can be an issue.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be a pretty cool thing to have. Kind of like an opened box of 1972 Topps "High Number" baseball cards.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an original roll of 42 -p walkers come in last year!
  • Options
    I regret that in my youth I didn't go out and buy some rolls. It just didn't seem important back then. Naturally, hindsight is always better. Course, I would have bought the "early" dates in Unc too---if I had had any sense. Instead I settled for good and fine coins out of pocket change. But, it was still fun. Bob [supertooth]
    Bob
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1946-D is the lowest mintage in the Walker "short set", but judging by the pop reports, many were saved in BU the year they came out.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I cannot imagine that their are many, if any, OBW rolls in existence now that there is encapsulation. Dealers would want to see what's inside, even before buying it for a fair price.

Good luck, but don't hold your breath.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options

<< <i>I had an original roll of 42 -p walkers come in last year! >>

Please tell me you didn't sell them for melt....image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file