Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

nice coin

Well just got this 1941P Netherlands indie silver 1/4 Gulden today at the local coin shop today

the coin has seen better days, it's cleaned, but still has detail so it's now in my ever growing collection

Comments

• Options
    Colin,
    The Netherlands Indies is the old name for what is today Indonesia.The obverse inscription is Arabic & Javanese.

Aidan.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

I had to smile when I saw your post of an old friend and it sent me rummaging thru an old album of miscellaneous coins. I found it in the same holder that I put it in over 40 years ago and I can remember having this coin for as long as I can remember being interested in coins. It must have come from my parents, altho I have no idea where they found it unless a relative brought it back from WWII. At any rate, this modest little coin really sparked my imagination and interest in numismatics (for better or worse). Not of much monetary value I suppose, but one of my favorite - and dare I save most precious - pieces because of the happy memories it congers up and where it led me.

BTW, its now in a mylar holder and will soon rest in a more appropriate place.

Thanks!

imageimageimageimage
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!