Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

nice coin

Well just got this 1941P Netherlands indie silver 1/4 Gulden today at the local coin shop today

the coin has seen better days, it's cleaned, but still has detail so it's now in my ever growing collection

Coins for sale at link below
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

Comments

• Options
    Colin,
    The Netherlands Indies is the old name for what is today Indonesia.The obverse inscription is Arabic & Javanese.

Aidan.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

I had to smile when I saw your post of an old friend and it sent me rummaging thru an old album of miscellaneous coins. I found it in the same holder that I put it in over 40 years ago and I can remember having this coin for as long as I can remember being interested in coins. It must have come from my parents, altho I have no idea where they found it unless a relative brought it back from WWII. At any rate, this modest little coin really sparked my imagination and interest in numismatics (for better or worse). Not of much monetary value I suppose, but one of my favorite - and dare I save most precious - pieces because of the happy memories it congers up and where it led me.

BTW, its now in a mylar holder and will soon rest in a more appropriate place.

Thanks!

imageimageimageimage
    Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!