Home Sports Talk
Options

Mark Teahen for AL LVP

DarinDarin Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
Teahen is hitting .246 with 12 HR, 48 RBI in 501 AB's. With a whopping 117 strikeouts, Mark, at 6'3", 210 lbs., sports an astonishing .383 slugging percentage.
A swift baserunner, Mark has stolen an amazing 3 bases this year.
He gets my vote as least valuable player*

*Based on at least 500 at bats. Otherwise Joey Gathright(271 AB's) and his .266 slugging percentage would get serious consideration.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

Comments

• Options
    http://www.nysun.com/sports/who-is-the-least-valuable-player/85340/

Check out Micheal Bourn (obviously no relation to Jason). A perfect combination of Ichiro and Dave Kingman
    Tom
  • Options
    Tom, thanks for the article, good read.
    Teahen is extremely disappointing for me because this is his 4th full season, and I think its make or break for him according to KC's general manager, who has said Teahen has had enough time in the ML to tell what kind of player he is. In other words, he's gone after this year. And with his terrible numbers we won't be able to get anything for him.
    He was such a promising player, now only 26 and washed up IMO.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    What Billy Beane drafted him so you must be mistaken, they wrote a book about that years draft after all. I would rerun the numbers and call JP Riccardi.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Dear Darin,

I love these type of posts. But with all due respect, Mark Teahen is Babe Ruth in his prime as compared to Andruw Jones this season. As noted in a thread that I started here, Mr. Jones is having a truly historic year. At the time of the thread, Jones was hitting .161. That number has since dropped to .158. IN THE HISTORY OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL, no full-time outfield with as many at-bats (209) as Jones has had a lower batting average.

Teahen's percentage numbers are .246 (BA), .309 (OPB), .382 (SLG) and .691 (OPS). Jones is at .158, .256, .249 and .505. And the final trump card? Salary. Jones is making $14.7 million while Teahen is "only" at $2.4 million.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    Jack,
    I would agree Andruw Jones is the worst part time player this year, but Teahen is still the worst, or at least one of the worst, everyday players.
    And to show how bad KC's lineup is, for much of the first half of the season Teahen was hitting third in the lineup. Now he's usually fifth or sixth.
    I wonder if Andruw will retire, he went downhill fast.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Andruw needs to lose about 50 pounds.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Darin

Jones is a 'part time' player because he was hitting 161 as a full timer.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Actually, as far as part time players Tony Pena Jr. may be even worse than Andruw.
    Pena sports a .165 BA, (34-206), .184 OBP!, .209 slugging %, with 1 HR and 11 RBI's.

Stupid list…. Mistlin