Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yet another Forum Member joins the ranks of the published.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Forum member Cadmanco had helped with the recent So-Called Dollar book, but I know that he'd also been working on his own book project and I noticed this afternoon that it's finally available. I had already seen an advance copy and had been waiting for the "real deal" to finally show up and thought I'd let any interested Exonumia collectors know they can now acquire a copy of what should be a helpful reference for Mint Medals. John Dean apparently did his own research while also assembling the scattered fragments of some others into a brief yet informative compilation, no bells and whistles, just some good Numismatic meat for us collectors to sink our teeth into.

Thanks, John, and congratulations on completing the book.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    It's nice to see that we have so many numismatic authors in the house. image
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    Congrats!
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudo's and congratulations to CADMANCO..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I would love to write a book.. problem is i can't write. image

good luck with the book Cadmanco

-sm
  • Options
    Keets,

Thanks for the plug on my new book "National Commemorative Medals of the United States Mint"

Yes, this was compiled with the collector in mind.. Any interested parties should look into how rare some
    of these medals really are, yet available to the astute collector. These medals are also the ",missing link" of
    the US Commemorative coins of the era 1954 - 1982. Commemorative collectors should look at these closely.

Anyone interested should check out the eBay link below. The price has been kept low.....
    Hard Bound, 94 pages, 73 color, 8x 10 format, $24.95... Check it out!!

Book Link

Thanks Again, Keets....
    John
    Evergreen, Colorado

cadmanco
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Keets,

Thanks for the plug on my new book "National Commemorative Medals of the United States Mint"

Yes, this was compiled with the collector in mind.. Any interested parties should look into how rare some
    of these medals really are, yet available to the astute collector. These medals are also the ",missing link" of
    the US Commemorative coins of the era 1954 - 1982. Commemorative collectors should look at these closely.

Anyone interested should check out the eBay link below. The price has been kept low.....
    Hard Bound, 94 pages, 73 color, 8x 10 format, $24.95... Check it out!!

Book Link

Thanks Again, Keets.... >>

I highly agree!! Congrats!! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations.

I hope sales exceed your expectations and excitement in the field builds.

It's a little outside of my specialties but I do like medals and this era has
    been horribly overlooked.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    IGWTIGWT Posts: 4,975
    Thanks for posting the news, Al. Kudos to John!
  • Options
    Hello John !

The book sounds like a great addition to go along with the new So-called dollar Book...

save me a copy !

take care ... tj
    "Authority on Exonumia" - DAD

"many contacts among the Lumberjacks "

NGC Registry AOEDAD sets:

Set #1 Major Expositions
    Set #2 So-called Dollar Collections
    So-called $50 Slug Facsimiles
    Bashlow re-strikes

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji