Home U.S. Coin Forum

B&M Shops in Chicago?

Going to Chicago tomorrow and might have an opportunity to stop at a couple shops while I'm there. Can anyone recommend any? Thanks in advance.

-Paul
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Harlan J. Berk has some great inventory. How long will you be here?
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭
    3-4 days. It's a business trip, but I should have some time to stop in. Thanks, Phil.

-Paul
  • gecko109gecko109 Posts: 8,231
    Sounds good Paul. If you are interested in getting together for lunch one of those days, im off Wednesday through Sunday.
  • tmot99tmot99 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭
    Downtown Chicago or suburbs? If burbs, which one? If downtown, I second Berk
  • commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,084 ✭✭✭
    Downtown. I'll be working at the Sears Tower during the day and spending the night probably in one of the suburbs. I'm not exactly sure where yet.

-Paul
  • HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    From Sears Tower it's a quick ten minute walk to Harlan J. Berk, Ltd., 31 N. Clark Street (a half block South of the Daley Center and City Hall).

Exit Sears Tower on the Franklin St. side (East side of building), and turn left (North) to the stop light, Adams St. Turn right and walk West on Adams three blocks to Clark. Turn left (North) on Clark St. and walk four blocks (two of them are short) to the store. Be sure to browse in all the windows before going in. The phone number is (312) 609-0016.

-donn-
    PS: Say "Hello!" to Harlan, Aaron, Tom, Dennis, Robert and Curtis for me.

NOTE: Directions above now edited to correct my East/West mistake astutely noted by CaptHenway in a subsequent post. -donn-
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Donn, but Franklin St. is on the East side of the Sears Tower. My wife used to work there, and that is where we met for lunch.
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • HalfsenseHalfsense Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    Opps, I meant to write "East" but instead wrote "West" regarding Franklin St. Thanks for catching the error of my ways.... The West side of Sears Tower, if I correctly recall, is Wacker Dr. I used to have offices near there; first at 150 S. Wacker, then across the courtyard at 100 S. Wacker. That was in one of my previous lives.....
    -donn-
    "If it happens in numismatics, it's news to me....
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Downtown Chicago or suburbs? If burbs, which one? If downtown, I second Berk >>

I agree, just watch out for that Tom guy!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Opps, I meant to write "East" but instead wrote "West" regarding Franklin St. Thanks for catching the error of my ways.... The West side of Sears Tower, if I correctly recall, is Wacker Dr. I used to have offices near there; first at 150 S. Wacker, then across the courtyard at 100 S. Wacker. That was in one of my previous lives.....
    -donn- >>

As Rudyard Kipling wrote: "East is East and West is West, but the twains don't run anymore!"
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file