Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pujols elbow injury.....Could this cause his Bowman Chrome to drop another $1K ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Well Josh Hamilton is having a nice first year, but that does not allow him to cheat time with his age. Read a baseball almanc or baseball reference about why age is used when comparing players, especially in terms of career accomplishment. I would imagine there is no point in arguing with the Pujols lovers as he is clearly Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb and Joe Dimaggio all rolled up into one to them.
  • Options
    No, you clearly have no case, so you know you can't win the debate. Pujols has done things that no player has ever done in the history of MLB. To try and discredit that would be pretty silly.

• Options
    Yeah well, he is still the anti-Christ.
  • Options
    What's that suppose to mean?

Albert Pujols has done more to help needy people than you or I will ever be able to do. I commend him, because he is not like alot of athletes who talk a big game and that's it. Albert Pujols lives it. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes in the St Louis area, not counting their trips to the Dominican Republic in the off-season to help the orphans receive dental and eye care.

Albert Pujols is a class act, and I do admire the way he and his wife's foundation helps others. Kind, loving people.
  • Options

<< <i> commend him, because he is not like alot of athletes who talk a big game and that's it. >>

Alot is not a word. I rest my case.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> commend him, because he is not like alot of athletes who talk a big game and that's it. >>

Alot is not a word. I rest my case. >>

Well, if we must use perfect grammar, Allen. Sorry, I do not take the time nor care to be perfect on that stuff. This is a card site, not an English exam.

Personally, I just think you get your kicks by mouthing off on here. The Little Napoleon Syndrome.
  • Options

<< <i>The Little Napolean syndrome. >>

Is he anything like Napoleon or is that a different person in history?
  • Options
    Yeah, you got me. Darn.. It's late, and I spelled a word wrong. My bad..
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Also if you look at Griffeys number at age 27 he had more hits, HRs and RBI than Pujols at 27. >>

Here you go Allen:

This is the first 7 seasons of their career's.

Griffey / Pujols:

HR: 189 / HR: 282

RBI: 585 / RBI: 861

HITS: 1039 / HITS: 1344

Case closed.. image

P.S. Let's not even try to compare Pujols' .332 career average, .620 slug, or .420 on base % in his first 7 seasons, to Griffey's. It makes Pujols look even the more impressive. >>

wow, way to show the exact stats allen was reffering to. Im so glad you didnt try to switch and show different stats like a lesser man would do.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    Stan , Great Points.......Also, when allen loses an argument (which is frequent) he usually resorts to the "poor grammer" or "you mispelled" retaliation post....cause thats all hes got!

want a funny comparison? compare his avatar/name sake with Pujols...

Hundlum vs. Model Citizen...
    1 fan (allen) vs. Millions.....

Stan , dont waste your time arguing with him...."he is always right- according to allen"
  • Options
    Those damn Hundlums. (I am guessing that is a mythical creature from Lord of the Rings ?)

You can suck Albert's bat all you want, but the fact is that his Bowman Chrome, SPx and others are selling for less than they previously have. If he is the greatest player ever like you say then his cards should have only continued going up.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Also if you look at Griffeys number at age 27 he had more hits, HRs and RBI than Pujols at 27. >>

Here you go Allen:

Griffey / Pujols:

Case closed.. image

P.S. Let's not even try to compare Pujols' .332 career average, .620 slug, or .420 on base % in his first 7 seasons, to Griffey's. It makes Pujols look even the more impressive. >>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So he is off to a good START, so what? Longevity is the key factor and seven years means nothing.

Todd Helton has a better career OBP than Pujols and that is over 12 years, not 7...
    Tony Gwynn has a better career BA, and that was over 20 years, not 7, which is a whole lot more respectable.
    Manny Ramirez slugging percentage of .591 over 16 years, to me is a whole lot more impressive than .620 over 7 years....lets see what Pujols does over the next 10 years before you consider CAREER averages. 7 years is hardly a career.

If Pujols puts up the same or better stats over the next 5 years, then maybe, we can look again, but right now, he is not worthy....longevity matters. I hope he continues to put up good numbers (with the exception of 1 or 2 bad years when I may pick up one of his currently over-priced cards-LOL), and hope he beats all of bonds records, but right now he is just another wannabe.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Pujols both on and off the field, and hope he continues to put up monster years. I don't however, believe I am "over-the-top", in idolizing him as a couple individuals do in this thread though...he's mortal just like me. He may be the best baseball player of the decade (with a few close contenders), but so was Frank Thomas in his day. The hype will subside....
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    Of course a lot of the discussion is based on Albert being the age that he says that he is.

• Options

<< <i>Of course a lot of the discussion is based on Albert being the age that he says that he is. >>

weak argument dude....that is sooo played out!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Of course a lot of the discussion is based on Albert being the age that he says that he is. >>

weak argument dude....that is sooo played out! >>

Not hardly, and neither is the "injury". I'm all about being biased towards a favorite player, but it is ok to acknowledge that the concerns going in the season by people in the baseball world and collectors were valid. He's been a solid player, but there's no reason to crown him as the greatest player ever, even if he does go #1 in your fantasy draft board.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Here you go Allen:

Griffey / Pujols:

Case closed.. image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So he is off to a good START, so what? Longevity is the key factor and seven years means nothing.

Todd Helton has a better career OBP than Pujols and that is over 12 years, not 7...
    Tony Gwynn has a better career BA, and that was over 20 years, not 7, which is a whole lot more respectable.
    Manny Ramirez slugging percentage of .591 over 16 years, to me is a whole lot more impressive than .620 over 7 years....lets see what Pujols does over the next 10 years before you consider CAREER averages. 7 years is hardly a career.

If Pujols puts up the same or better stats over the next 5 years, then maybe, we can look again, but right now, he is not worthy....longevity matters. I hope he continues to put up good numbers (with the exception of 1 or 2 bad years when I may pick up one of his currently over-priced cards-LOL), and hope he beats all of bonds records, but right now he is just another wannabe.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for Pujols both on and off the field, and hope he continues to put up monster years. I don't however, believe I am "over-the-top", in idolizing him as a couple individuals do in this thread though...he's mortal just like me. He may be the best baseball player of the decade (with a few close contenders), but so was Frank Thomas in his day. The hype will subside.... >>

You are being foolish to suggest Pujols is not worthy. No player has done what he has, period.. To say he is not worthy, you just don't understand what you are truly saying.

Helton's on base is .430, to Pujols .423, but playing 81 games a year in Colorado did not help him any did it? Pff...

You wanna compare just a batting average of Gwynn to Pujols' overall numbers as a hitter(hits, rbi, hr, slug and avg)? Another silly arguement not even worth debating.

And Pujols can slug well under .600 for the next 8 seasons, and still be where Manny is right now, in the .590's.

And there is no hype, Pujols is the real deal. Hype is only needed to pump up something that is not truly legit.

When you can come with a legit arguement, I will listen. So far, you are the one who is not worthy.

EDIT:

To add, I don't idolize anyone. Rather, I admire Pujols the man and baseball player. Nothing more. I cannot speak for eveyone else, just myself.

Me being a fan of my team is no worse than your obsession with Trevor Hoffman, Maddux, ect..

Also, in one comment you call Pujols a "wannabe", and the next thing you claim is that you have alot of respect for him? Do you even think before you type this stuff, Mike? Or is it like your Ebay problems of bidding and retracting towards the end, so that it costs sellers money by making others think there might be some funny business going on? I am just one of many you have done this to in the past.
  • Options
    IMO, He is not worthy of a $12K rookie card. He hasn't even stood the test of LONGEVITY.

He is a wannabe in my eyes, in comparison to the altar some put him on... No one is deserving of the obsession with him that some show. I am sure if you asked Pujols, he would like to be, ONE DAY, at the END OF HIS CAREER, be considered one of the all time greats. I honestly don't believe he has any unhealthy complexes about himself, as others have about him.

I have zero obsession with any player, padres or otherwise.

And honestly, as i see it, the only view we disagree on in regards to Pujols, is the price of his cards. And that can be easily determined who was correct in due time. If i am wrong, i will have NO problem saying I was wrong....but until such day, lets just agree to disagree about the price of his cards....as I have stated, I respect him both on and off the field and consider him the best player of the decade. Anything beyond that is over the top. JMO

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Direct quote from a thread over on the BMB

<< <i>....And as I was typing this post my offer on another card got accepted. Again an 8.5 which isn't great, but with so many of these trimmed getting it in a holder is a big plus. Throw in the sweet 10 autograph grade and I am loving it. (The fact it was $365 when I sold one for $1100 less than 2 years ago makes it even better. IMO Pujols RC Auto's are a great investment right now.)

image >>

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Direct quote from a thread over on the BMB

<< <i>....And as I was typing this post my offer on another card got accepted. Again an 8.5 which isn't great, but with so many of these trimmed getting it in a holder is a big plus. Throw in the sweet 10 autograph grade and I am loving it. (The fact it was $365 when I sold one for $1100 less than 2 years ago makes it even better. IMO Pujols RC Auto's are a great investment right now.)

image >>

>>

I almost got that card for my HOF rookie collection but evidently my offer of $350.00 was $15.00 too low.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>do you take playstation 1 sports games from the early 90's? image >>

No, he couldn't have. The earliest Playstation games were 1995.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    i guess Albert's elbow isnt bothering him too much huh allen?

on pace for 30 dingers, 100 RBis and .350 average.....
  • Options
    another solid pujols like season.
    Looks like Ankiel and Glaus will end up with more RBI's though as they will continue to pitch around him.

Key for the Card's is how effective isringhausen is again and if Chris Carpenter can have any kind of season the 2nd half. Otherwise they are outclassed by the Cubs and Brewers.
  • Options
    I look forward to this thread when it's bumped again sometime around September.
  • Options
    bump

just another .300 30 100 season ho hum
  • Options
    You really wished someone cared don't you? Sadly, we don't.
  • Options

<< <i>I look forward to this thread when it's bumped again sometime around September. >>

I win.
  • Options

<< <i>You really wished someone cared don't you? Sadly, we don't. >>

GO BACK TO YOUR ALT CREATING WAYS YOU SICKO....

DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD CONVERSING WITH YOURSELF?

LEE YOU MUST REALLY HAVE SOCIAL ISSUES, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU DO WHAT YOU DO HERE....

HERE IS A LITTLE POINTER.....STOP PLAYING ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR 1 DAY, THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF FINDING A WIFE AND STARTING A FAMILY YOU LONER
  • Options

<< <i>LEE YOU MUST REALLY HAVE SOCIAL ISSUES, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU DO WHAT YOU DO HERE....

HERE IS A LITTLE POINTER.....STOP PLAYING ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR 1 DAY, THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF FINDING A WIFE AND STARTING A FAMILY YOU LONER >>

Yeah Lee, grow up and be an online internet sports memorabilia private investigator detective like some of us here.
  • Options
    I have a wife and I'm starting a family, but thanks for your concern.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a wife and I'm starting a family, but thanks for your concern.

Ooops I said that alrea.....um....I mean Lee said that already. Darn I hate when I forget which ID im signed in as.
  • Options

• Options
    LOL, Good Stuff Dizzle!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You really wished someone cared don't you? Sadly, we don't. >>

GO BACK TO YOUR ALT CREATING WAYS YOU SICKO....

DOES IT MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD CONVERSING WITH YOURSELF?

LEE YOU MUST REALLY HAVE SOCIAL ISSUES, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU DO WHAT YOU DO HERE....

HERE IS A LITTLE POINTER.....STOP PLAYING ON YOUR COMPUTER FOR 1 DAY, THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE A CHANCE OF FINDING A WIFE AND STARTING A FAMILY YOU LONER >>

fandango, please PM me your address. I will mail you a keyboard with a Caps Lock key.
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Who's albert Pujol's?

Has anyone in MLB checked him for steroids?

Carry on...

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    As I was reading this thread I couldnt help but think that prices are dropping across the board for everything because of the economical situation?
    VCP is showing red down arrows for pretty much everything i've looked at from 1950's mantles, to 1980's joe montana..

Cash is king right now...should be a buyers market.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums