Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Found my first Wheat Cent at work today

Found my first Wheatie at my new job today...

1934! (philly)

I was shocked that it wasnt from 1958... lol.
Anyways, Im pretty glad.

This is now my 2nd oldest cent I've found in circulation. The first one is a 1919.

Comments

• Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    coolio. Welcome to the forum !!
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Not bad. 1958s aren't exactly easy (or hard) to find either. 1944, 1945, 1956-D, 1957-D seem to be the easiest.
  • Options

<< <i>coolio. Welcome to the forum !! >>

You should see my intro thread image

and Budget, you're right, I was thinking 1959 - I have plenty of those! lol
    but point being, its easier to find a 40's and 50's Wheatie than one from the 30's.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, love finding wheats in circulation. If you want some real fun, get a box of $50 in cents from your bank. Last one I looked through had about 25 wheats and one 1907 Indian Head cent!!
  • Options

<< <i>Last one I looked through had about 25 wheats and one 1907 Indian Head cent!! >>

Thanks for the tip. I might just try that one as well. By the way image MrMag!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always neat to find Wheaties... I find about 7 a year in change.... always keep them. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thanks all.
    So far working here has been fairly good to me image

I hope my luck continues!
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,620 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding an indian in $25 worth of pennies is a major find.

I read where a couple had searched ONE million pennies in 1958 and came up with a total of 35 indians.

They say you can remember where you were when Kennedy was shot, pearl harbor bombed (for you seniors) etc etc......I vividly remember the day I found an 1894 IHC laying in the alley behind my house, when I was about 8. It had been run over, gouged and beaten up...but I FOUND it! I remember the heat of the alley on my bare feet, and the smell of the rosebush behind the neighbors house, when I took it over to show him.

Funny how the little things stick in your head... and I cant remember what I had for dinner last night..
  • Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    welcome to the boards.

any find is a good find these days image

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just dumped a whole bunch of wheaties into circulation yesterday. They were metal detector finds that were taking up space. Many of them were gritty from being in the ground but I'm sure they'll clean up nicely in olive oil. I just didn't have the time to mess with them, so they ended up in a Coinstar. $14 worth of pennies and probably half were Wheaties.
    3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options
    direwolf1972direwolf1972 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭
    I'll see your bunny with a pancake on his head and raise you a Siamese cat with a miniature pumpkin on his head.

You wouldn't believe how long it took to get him to sit still for this.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file