Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

eBay ID ---> shoeless-joejackson / queencity-sportscards = Kevin Burge ---> The worst seller I

On April 10th via eBay won (2) cards. Paid in full (including $7.50 for tracking and insurance) for a total purchase price including shipping of $36.74. I received a great deal and based on the excessive shipping fees bid accordingly. After (3) weeks, no cards! I emailed a few times for the tracking # but no answer. No replies to my phone messages. Paypal complaint filed. Within minutes of filing the complaint, my Paypal was refunded. This was strange! I leave negative feedback since payment was made and no cards were received. I am not the type of person that will avoid a negative at the expense of others.

Kevin files (2) unpaid items via eBay, leaves negative feedback and immediately emails to inform me that if I want the negative removed I must agree to remove his too. What a guy! Not a chance. I reviewed Kevin's past 50+ negatives and most were for this exact same tactics. Many agreed to the removal or else he would have another 55 more negative feedbacks plus 38 neutrals! Kevin stated if I did not agree to expect (2) non paying bidder strikes. Huh? The most amazing part is the negative feedback he left on my account, ''THE WORST EBAYER I HAVE EVER DELT WITH! BEWARE OF THIS GUY! THEIF AND A LIAR!''.

I am bringing this to your attention so you can decide if this is someone worthy of your business. The tracking # still has not been provided, despite numerous requests and feel Kevin did not like the price so likely decided to go this route. This situation convinces me the new eBay feedback system is very positive! I did file (2) complaints with eBay's Trust & Safety, general support, my PowerSeller team and plan to follow up with them via phone.

Posting this situation and exposing Kevin for what he is and does is very satisfying. Thank you for reading and learning about this nightmare of a transaction. Posting is therapeutic and makes me feel good by hopefully preventing others from dealing with disappointments and hassles with Kevin Burge. I count (3) eBay violations, non delivery, feedback extortion and excessive shipping. I will post some updates as this situation develops!

Update:

Kevin Burge stated in the Paypal claim (before refunding the payment), the items were lost in the mail to which I requested the tracking and insurance data. From the Paypal claim response, ''sorry i guess the items got lost. please let me know if they ever show up sorry kevin''. For the first time, Kevin is now stating the items never shipped, "i told you the items did not mail out thats why I sent you the paypal refund! what is wrong with you! you got your money back! what more can I do???''

What more can Kevin do...how about not lie and honor an eBay contract. Also, not file a non paying bidder when a Paypal payment is paid in full and you decide to refund and tell someone a card was lost in the mail when admitting to actually not shipping at all. This clown is just to much. The story just keeps on getting better and all of this information is in writing via Paypal and eBay disputes. It will be interesting to see what eBay is willing to do to someone that has huge listing fees.

The funniest thing Kevin has stated so far is the Paypal claim quote, ''...please let me know if they ever show up...''

Update:

The latest quote from Kevin 'the snake' Burge, 'i do not have a tracking number, no tracking numbers for anything less then $250!' My reply, I paid for tracking and your eBay listing contract terms stated 'ALL ITEMS UNDER $249 PAID THROUGH PAYPAL WILL BE SENT WITH DELIVERY CONFIRMATION!'. At this stage, I ended the dispute and escalated to the Trust & Safety department. The only open communications are the non paying bidder filings. However, getting them removed will not be difficult rather a nuisance. No reason to waste any more of my time directly communicating.

Latest update, Kevin completed the non paying bidder. A strike was given, I appealed and it was immediately removed (within 1 minute). It must have been automated or something but it sure was easy. Now the task of filing and waiting for the complaint(s) responses illustrating the violations will be my follow up post but not sure eBay will share any details. The latest quote left before closing the unpaid bidder was , ''you have serious problems! good luck in life! and enjoy this non paying bidder strike''. This entire experience is comical and hopefully has damaged his already poor reputation.

Comments

• ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
    He replied to my negative feedback that he does not ship out of the country? California may have been one of the last states to enter the Union but has not been foreign territory for 160+ years!
  • calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I see stories like this and add them to my sellers I will never deal with. Its sellers like this that is helping ushering in this new Ebay feedback krap. I've had dealings with other scumbags just like him.

Thanks for the heads up.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is also one of the most notorious trimmers ever. I cannot believe he is still able to sell on eBay under that ID.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • He called me to try & buy a expensive graded Babe ruth card I had listed on Craigslist......1st he plays stupid, then after a short conversation he tells u all his credentials etc, then proceeds to offer me less than I paid for a very nice card.......Needless to say after reading about him on here no more contact with that low-life ......... The fact that slime can continue to sell on any venue tell u that the power to be could care less unless of course they get burned..... I recall many yrs ago a card dealer screwed a collector, the only problem that he was the Attorney general in Washington, needless to say the AG got he money back, he screwed the wrong dude. Too bad we all don't have that type of clout.......
  • What's the snakes Ebay id so we can steer clear of him?
    Wine Country Sportscards (Ebay id NVSB)
    Smooth deals with: Beck6, hankcaddy, theorioles, ironmanfan, vitoco1972, shouldabeena10, bkritz, rajah424, bobbyw8469, aisavdbballinphilly, mphilking, bbcardcom, gameusedhoop, jake4pack, katscards, ndfan1, ronburgundy, tennesseebanker, wink, bigreddog, thethrill22, bosox1976, morgoth, swartz1, baseballfan, milbroco, brick, davidpuddy, akbarclone, rexvos, itzagoner, bottom9th, lbcoach20, sbtrailrider, bunker, hoofhearted, livi78
  • I think it's shoesless-joejackson

• << <i>I think it's shoesless-joejackson >>

Actually, it's shoeless-joejackson. Not picking at you, just being accurate for everyone who wishes to red flag him as a bad person to deal with.. image

He has at least one other selling id, that he uses to sell the trimmed cards that he cannot get passed by the PSA and BGS graders.

Kevin Burge, just a scab on our hobby in general. From an alleged fake patch card maker, alleged card trimmer, and not the best person to deal with. I still don't understand why people even buy from him. It's not like it's a big secret. He has been spoken about on all card message boards, and for all the wrong reasons. You would think people would just stay away from him.

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it's shoesless-joejackson >>

Actually, it's shoeless-joejackson. Not picking at you, just being accurate for everyone who wishes to red flag him as a bad person to deal with.. image

He has at least one other selling id, that he uses to sell the trimmed cards that he cannot get passed by the PSA and BGS graders.

Kevin Burge, just a scab on our hobby in general. From an alleged fake patch card maker, alleged card trimmer, and not the best person to deal with. I still don't understand why people even buy from him. It's not like it's a big secret. He has been spoken about on all card message boards, and for all the wrong reasons. You would think people would just stay away from him. >>

People have such a short attention span, just like small children. Some are just too stupid to check a little feedback and draw the rigt conclusions.

I live in the Baltimore area. The people of Maryland , consistantly vote the same krap-whole type people into office , that after getting elected, and screwing it up, always find someone else to blame. Stupid or lazy people vote the same into office every time.

Kevin exist to take advantage of simpletons, because doing the right thing is too hard. I think he may come from the same gene pool as Gary.

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    consistantly vote the same krap-whole type people into office , that after getting elected, and screwing it up, always find someone else to blame. Stupid or lazy people vote the same into office every time.

WE GOT Ted Kennedy! I hear ya!!

<< <i>consistantly vote the same krap-whole type people into office , that after getting elected, and screwing it up, always find someone else to blame. Stupid or lazy people vote the same into office every time.

WE GOT Ted Kennedy! I hear ya!! >>

AMEN.

Don't ever ask for driving instructions from him.

• << <i>

<< <i>consistantly vote the same krap-whole type people into office , that after getting elected, and screwing it up, always find someone else to blame. Stupid or lazy people vote the same into office every time.

WE GOT Ted Kennedy! I hear ya!! >>

AMEN.

Don't ever ask for driving instructions from him. >>

For sure. Ted can only give lessons on how to become an alcoholic murderer, and preserve a cushy government job by living off the family name. image
  • Why doesn't this thread just go away.
    LINK TO RECENT EBAY AUCTION
    http://cgi.ebay.com/1967-LEAF-RISKY-BLUFF-GARRISONS-GORILLAS-57-PSA-9_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ156521QQihZ002QQitemZ120399816360QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVWQQsalenotsupported

Just a quick follow up to to definitively confirm and prove my original post about:

shoeless-joejackson (eBay ID)
    Kevin Burge
    PO Box 4873
    Mooresville, NC
    704-361-9031

The (2) cards I won and paid for were added to my Registry set a year ago. Today, someone attempted to add them.

I am going to remove them but wanted to once again remind you to avoid this terrible person.

Poetic justice; my original winning bids on April 10th of 2008 were higher!

Is Burge simply short for burglar?
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Absolute scumbag. He has 4 or 5 auto'd items I would love to buy from him but I just cant pull the trigger and give him the business and risk losing my money. What a headache!
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A short time ago he had a card I wanted but because of his reputation I decided to pass. I prefer to deal with those that are trustworthy even if I may pay a premium from time to time.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Yup. Another vote for scumbag. Absolutely the worst experience I've ever
    had dealing with anyone and have stayed VERY FAR away ever since. There
    have been identical threads here before but want to put his name back in
    everyone's mind and alert the newbies.
    Bill
    wpkoughan@yahoo.com
    Collecting 1970-1979 PSA 9 & 10 Baseball Cards
  • What is wrong with this picture?
    This seller appears to be a major Scammer from what I read here
    A bonafide Criminal!!
    Yet all that is being done is TALKING about him here
    Has anyone every decided to file criminal charges against him?
    Call the local Police
    Call the Attorney General in North Carolina?
    Call the FBI?
    There are things that can be done to STOP him if the allegations against mr Burge are true
    Yet all you do is complain Here
    Do something constructive & shut him down &
    hopefully a little jail time as well
    Who will be the 1st to get the Ball rolling?
    Do the Hobby A Favor
  • I had a similar thing happen on Ebay recently. I submitted a best offer and offer was accepted I paid immediately. I wait 30 days no item shows. I email twice no response. I file a did not receive item claim. I get a refund. I think the seller just needed some quick cash for something and had no intention of mailing out the card. JMHO Jim
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy is bad news. I have heard nothing by negatives on shoeless joe
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mary Jo: "Ted, I think I may be pregnant."
    Ted: "Well Mary Jo, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it."
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

<< <i>Mary Jo: "Ted, I think I may be pregnant."
    Ted: "Well Mary Jo, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it." >>

• GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Wow, I almost bought a card from this guy.

Item Link

I still kinda wish I won the card, came home from work and was too late.

Might try to contact the buyer and see if he wants to sell for more.

Quick profit might do the trick......
  • swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    yeah - send him $2,000.00

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I'm 12 for 12 on cards I've bought from Kevin on Ebay. Can't speak for the others, just for myself. All 12 deals have been in the range from $30-$300.00 so they are not high dollar, but all went flawless.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Mike - but what percent of the original card did you get each time?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • I think it is a common scam for sellers who don't get what they thought they would from an auction. I won 2 graded Shaquille PSA 8 for $4, SMR value is $15 each. I sent Paypal, and he refunded right away saying the cards got "Damaged" I said that's fine send them anyway, but he never did. I think he was lying. Anyone think he was telling the truth?
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Anyone remember when I won a 1963 Valentine Foldee PSA 10 from this snake?

He claimed it was lost in the mail. Gave me some bogus USPS claim number (that was for an item shipped to Hawaii, and I live in Florida! LOL!).

He was not very pleasant. Nasty in fact! The fact that he listed the card with an opening bid, that was lower than what he was willing to sell the card for. So he just made up a "lost in the mail fairy tail", just to get out of the transaction, when I won the card for his opening bid (as I was his only bidder on the item!).

I hate him!

rd

edit: he sent me the nastiest of messages, after some time went by, when I neg'd. him! "He told me to get a life" and why was I spending all that time reading his feedback?

I replied to him "I wasn't reading your feedback. In fact, I wasn't thinking even about you or your cr@ppy feedback at all, that is until I kept reading numerous postings on the PSA/Collectors' Universe message boards about just what a snake you really are, and how many bad feedback comments you have! Forget the fact that you screwed me (and others) out of an item that I won and paid for!..."

I went on to tell him, "...that I didn't give a rat's @rse about him or his rotten feedback..."

I did feel a little better after that! image
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I never bought from him, but now I know to stay away!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I went on to tell him, "...that I didn't give a rat's @rse about him or his rotten feedback..."
    I did feel a little better after that! image >>

GOOD FOR YOU! SCUM like that should be strung up by the short hairs!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike - but what percent of the original card did you get each time?

Nick >>

I bought HOF signed rookie cards already PSA/DNA slabbed. Don't know if any were trimmed or not, but I do know that I got exactly what I bidded on and what was pictured in a timely fashion. Mine were best offers though, so he was obviously happy with the price received or he wouldn't have accepted the offer.

I didn't have to make threats, call him names or any of that, just made my payment via paypal and card/cards showed up a week later. Actually much easier to deal with for me, then some other ebay sellers.

Just like everything in life, your mileage may vary.

Take care,

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    sounds to me like

CLUEless-joejackson
  • Bump
  • waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

<< <i>sounds to me like

CLUEless-joejackson >>

I agree with you! I bought (6) 1982 Topps vending boxes from him back in 2006 and they turned out to be searched. Who the heck searches 82T vending boxes? One of the worst ebay transactions I have ever experienced.

edited to add: This thread should be moved to the Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum so more people can see what a scumbag Kevin Burge really is.
    Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
    queencity-sportscards

This is the latest eBay ID...you can run but you can't hide!