Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone have an ebay number...

....where I can speak with a representative about a seller that, after selling me a modern commem dollar, for short money, very short, decides I am a dealer (which I certainly am not), and refunds my money and refuses to sell to me. Has this ever happened to anyone else, and can someone supply me with a number that I can use where they WONT tell me how to use their email system, which wont get any action anyway??? Thanx!

Comments

• Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Try the live help on their homepage.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    1-800-322-9266

eBay won't do anything, though.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are "spinning your wheels" if you think eBay is going to do something. You got your $ back ... btw, who was the dealer & what was the auction #?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    FrankcoinsFrankcoins Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭

<< <i>....where I can speak with a representative about a seller that, after selling me a modern commem dollar, for short money, very short, >>

What do you mean by "short money?" That term usually means money loaned or deposited for a short period. If you mean you got the
    item cheaply, the seller cannot cancel a sale for that reason.

Frank Provasek - PCGS Authorized Dealer, Life Member ANA, Member TNA. www.frankcoins.com
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you mean you got the item cheaply, the seller cannot cancel a sale for that reason. >>

Sure they can. It is against eBay rules but eBay doesn't do much about it and sellers continue to do it.

The buyer has two remedies. You can file a non-performing seller complaint and leave negative feedback. Neither will get you the coin but you'll have some measure of satisfacion.

WH
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neg him, and out him here.
  • Options
    DJCoinzDJCoinz Posts: 3,856

<< <i>Neg him, and out him here. >>

Yes.
    aka Dan
  • Options

<< <i>You are "spinning your wheels" if you think eBay is going to do something. You got your $ back ... btw, who was the dealer & what was the auction #? >>

I agree with this ,nothing you can do, except try to explain yourself to the seller and why it matters if you are a dealer not makes no sense , he probably has sellers remorse? I would watch to see if it is re-listed and buy it with a alias lol. JMO
    Ebay Seller I.D
    the_northern_trading_company
    ace@airadv.net
    imageimage
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Dealer? What were you buying zig zags...image
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had this happen on a roll of unc wheat pennies. Seller claimed he "lost" it but, rolls of lincols are pretty tough to lose.

I paid through paypal and he sent me a damn check - convenient when my bank is 30 miles away.
    MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Well, this is what the new feedback system is for. Call it like you see it without fear of recourse.image
  • Options
    wayneherndonwayneherndon Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, this is what the new feedback system is for. Call it like you see it without fear of recourse.image >>

Hold your horses. That change doesn't come about until May.

WH
  • Options
    Well, it DOES look like something can be accomplished with a phone call. Seller got the message from ebay, emailed me stating that ebay contacted him, informed him of the information they were supplied by me, seller decides to allow me to buy the coin. There is more, I WILL out the seller, but that will be later this eve (only as I am not at home, and the laptops wireless is for the shytez). Also, with the feedback, as May 1 rolls around, you all know that feedback will only be good for 60 days. Hypothetically, if this sale did not go down, yes, I could neg the seller, though, a seller can STILL leave negative feedback for those auctions that fall into that 60 day category. I will out the seller upon my return to a desktop.

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    When does the "sellers can't leave negative feedback" rule go into effect? wait until then to neg him. --Jerry
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I may pay a little more the Heriatge way with and others .....but sure beats having to put with the B.S , with what is becoming in general , the common crap of society's low lifes.image
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am glad I may pay a little more the Heriatge way with and others .....but sure beats having to put with the B.S , with what is becoming in general , the common crap of society's low lifes.image >>

Remember the thousands of trouble-free successful ebay transactions don't get posted here. I have probably averaged one problem per 2000 transactions. Russ has probably done better. --Jerry

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file