Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

WANTED: 1952 Topps in really bad condition (I now have a Mantle - pics added)

In the past few months, I have started the monumental task of putting together a very low grade 1952 Topps set. I know that it will take me years to accomplish, but consider myself a fairly focused person.

Anyway, does anybody have any really low condition 1952 Topps laying around - especially commons? I have 40 or so to start my set. "Bishop" on these boards has been very generous in helping me get started. Anyway, if you have any, just reply or PM me and we can talk price.

Shane

Comments

• Options
    I think there might be some at the bottom of the Atlantic, should we rent some scuba gear?
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are the ones that I have! image

Shane

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent Shane.

I think I have some that are in worse condition than the ones on the ocean bottom. After all, those don't have any pen marks on them.

-Tom
  • Options

<< <i>PM sent Shane.

I think I have some that are in worse condition than the ones on the ocean bottom. After all, those don't have any pen marks on them.

-Tom >>

PM replied to! Thanks.

Shane

• Options
    PM sent...good luck with your set.

Jerry
    eBay ID: warrencenter
  • Options
    Shane,
    Do you want graded or ungraded 52 topps? John What is your email address?
  • Options
    I am wanting ungraded - in terrible condition.

Shane

• Options
    I have some 1952 Pirates. I will have to see what I have when I get home from work.
  • Options
    Clemaz,

PM sent.

Thanks to all who have contacted me. I already made a few deals.

Shane

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    PM Sent
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    I think I have some around (I need to serch for them) with beautiful fronts and corners (PSA 7 to 8) BUT they all have large pieces of construction paper on the back preventing the card from being read. Are these acceptable. If so, let me know and I will look for them
    Thanks,
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    Yes, those are definitely acceptable. I have about 3 or 4 that have Poor-Fair fronts AND have those kind of backs. Please let me know.

Shane

• Options
    Thanks for all who have helped out. I now have 118 in my set. I have a long, long way to go, but it's a start.

Shane

• Options
    I mailed one today (#200 Houk)
  • Options

<< <i>I mailed one today (#200 Houk) >>

Thanks. I have already bought a 60 card lot (that includes 4 high numbers from "detriotfan2" and got them in yesterday. Also, yesterday, I got in a 4 card lot from "warrencenter". And "1952collector" has some on the way.

Shane

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Well lets see some scans.
  • Options

<< <i>Well lets see some scans. >>

Good idea! They will be coming - although some of them might hurt your eyes! Actually the one's that I got from "detroitfan2" (Tom) are the best ones of the bunch. The ones that I had previous are purty rough! However, they really do look great in top loaders and bunched all together in one place! They take up nearly one whole side of a two row box. I have 5 high numbers, and counting, thanks to Tom and Al (bishop).

Shane

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    love to see some scans also

good luck
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options

<< <i>love to see some scans also

good luck >>

Here's a scan of some of Shane's new high numbers:

• Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Please - - no more scans!!!!!!image
  • Options

<< <i>Please - - no more scans!!!!!!image >>

Hey, I warned you!

Shane

• Options
    Does anyone know if the 1952 Topps Willie Mays was counterfeited?

Shane

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone know if the 1952 Topps Willie Mays was counterfeited? >>

Shane, just my own personal opinion, but I wouldn't touch any card as valuable as a 1952 Mays that isn't graded by PSA, SGC, or BVG. Find yourself a SGC 10 or PSA 1 and crack em out. I know you're on a budget, and so am I, but I still think it's worth the extra few bucks, and sometimes it won't even cost more.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. After I posted the above, I found a PSA 1 on Ebay and it is getting ready to end in about 35 minutes. I have a bid in. I'll keep you posted.

Shane

• Options
    I did win the 1952 Topps Mays PSA 1. The price was reasonable, so I was pleased.

Also, thanks to 1952collector, who sent me 23 52's. I now have 132 different.

Shane

• Options
    Shane, way to go on the Mays. She's a beaut!

-Tom

• Options
    Thanks! I can't wait to get it.

Thanks also to Rob (fattymac) for the 52 Houk.

Shane

• Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    shane-
    there is an ebay auction running now for 2 psa 1 (mk) high numbers. they are #330 and #388. these should go real cheap. item # 330218276390. just letting you know. i am in no way affiliated with or have any vested interest in this seller or auction. its just an fyi.
    pat
  • Options

<< <i>shane-
    there is an ebay auction running now for 2 psa 1 (mk) high numbers. they are #330 and #388. these should go real cheap. item # 330218276390. just letting you know. i am in no way affiliated with or have any vested interest in this seller or auction. its just an fyi.
    pat >>

Thanks for the head up! I just put them on my watch list. It would not matter to me if you were selling them or not. That does not bother me. I would look at it as a "head up" anyway. I appreciate it.

Also, I just bought a #1 Pafko last night. It fits my set nicely and I got it for $83.00.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>shane-
    pat >>

Thanks for the head up! I just put them on my watch list. It would not matter to me if you were selling them or not. That does not bother me. I would look at it as a "head up" anyway. I appreciate it.

Also, I just bought a #1 Pafko last night. It fits my set nicely and I got it for $83.00. >>

shane- i was just letting it be known that i wasnt spamming. no vested interest. thats all. btw, lets see a pic of the #1 pafko. thats one of my favorite cards in the set. how far along are you now?
  • Options
    I now have 134 different cards with a Pafko and Snider on the way making 136 different. Here is a scan of the Pafko from the auction that I won. I know it's rough, but it fits nicely in my set.

Shane

• Options
    I'm up to 138 with 6 being high numbers. Anybody else got any in poor shape laying around?

Shane

• Options
    1952 topps #85 Bob Kuzava NY Yankees
    can you use that card? ...Plz send me PM
  • Options
    PM sent.

Shane

• Options
    Thanks to all who have helped on this project so far, whether I purchased from you or you were kind enough to just send me a few. I now have 150 towards my set.

bishop
    detriotfan2
    warrencenter
    1952collector
    fattymacs
    tsalem

I hope I haven't left anybody out. I am chugging along, and I'm enjoying the ride!

Shane

• Options
    I'll be going to a show in a few weeks, I'll try and scope out some for you.
  • Options
    bumpity bump

Shane

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Shane,Do you need a Dom Dimaggio #22? It was a PSA 3 but I cracked it out. If you need it let me know.

Jake
  • Options
    Pat - PM sent

Jake - PM sent

Shane

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Shane...can you pm me a list of what you have
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Al,

PM sent.

Shane

• Options
    Thanks to Pat (cohocorp) for your help with this monumental project (at least, it's monumental for me). I just got the cards today, and they are great. You guys have been fantastic.

Shane

• Options
    you are certainly welcome shane.

pat
  • Options
    Thanks to bishop (again) and nam812 for your help. I am now up to 214 different.

Whether you have just sent them at no charge, or let me have them for a fair price, I thank each of you.

Shane

• Options
    Calling 1952collector! PM or email me, please. I have found something for you.

Shane

• Options
    bluemarlinbluemarlin Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Card is in the mail Shane.image

Thanks,

Jake
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    I just looked at it. That is exactly what I'm looking for. However, with the seller's zero feedback, it will be very difficult for me to pull the trigger on it. If he had good feedback, I would strongly consider bidding. I will be watching.

Shane

• Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting project! Certainly that'll be the way to get a (relatively) cheaper '52 Mick, and yet have it match the whole set. Good luck on your goal! image
  • Options
    Just to let you guys know, I have a Mantle on the way. Once I see it in person (either tomorrow or Friday) and if I approve, it will be mine. The only catch is that it is a little nicer than I want for my set and I may be able to flip this one. I haven't decided yet. I will scan it when I get it.

Shane