Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Are Coins Such As The 2007-P/D Kennedy Half Dollars in PCGS-MS69...

"SF" truly only worth between $25 - $30 / coin? That is what the coins are trading for now on ebay. Is that retail on these coins now? Ditto for Roosies in MS69FB and even many state quarters in MS69SF that are trading as low as $30/coin now. Are these only $25-$30 coins or is this just the "low" for which a strong recovery will take place? Thoughts?

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondercoin,

I recently purchased a gem 2007-D MS69FB/SF from our friend Coinfame for $36 + $ 4 and it is truly spectacular. I bought (12) '07 Mint sets and none of the coins look like 69/70 material. I can tell you that with every passing year, collectors expect to see 69 all over the place, and with those very few exceptions such as the 2005-D MS69FB/SF (Of which there were only 3-4 for a year and a half) most of the SF coins should be a bargain. The '05-D were trading for >$1,200. and now with the pop at 13 one was selling for just around $500 on TT, which ironically didn't make the reserve. I've been offered 3 of these and I have passed on all 3 r/t the price will be coming down.

Unless you are like Date-n-type who got his right out of the gate and got them graded, you just might not break even.

Like I said earlier in a different thread, I was 30 mins late ordering my sets and it took me 2 weeks to get them. Date-n-type was already selling his. image

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    The pops for both the Kennedys in 69 got up there pretty fast...both already exceed their 2006 counterparts.

Anyone have promising candidates for MS70? If you make one, send me a PM image
  • Options
    What are the PCGS pops now wondercoin?

Cameron Kiefer
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cameron - I do not have the coins in my sets, so I do not know. Anybody want to address that?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭
    The pop for the 2007-P MS69SF is currently showing 107/0...the 2007-D is 145/1.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick check and since there are only 83 sets is the basic Kennedy catagory it looks like the number of MS69SF Coins exceeds the number of collectors. So as Nick has said some of us are looking for the next step on the ladder. I for one now have 68's and 69's and wonder if the 70's are going to become available in my price range.
    Added info: I also like a few others also have MS67 and MS68 Business strike coins just wondering which slots to put which coins in.
  • Options

<< <i>Added info: I also like a few others also have MS67 and MS68 Business strike coins just wondering which slots to put which coins in. >>

Hopefully, they will do the same as the Statehood Quarters, and have slots for both!image
  • Options

<< <i>"SF" truly only worth between $25 - $30 / coin? That is what the coins are trading for now on ebay. Is that retail on these coins now? Ditto for Roosies in MS69FB and even many state quarters in MS69SF that are trading as low as $30/coin now. Are these only $25-$30 coins or is this just the "low" for which a strong recovery will take place? Thoughts? Wondercoin >>

With the population growth, so goes the supply side of things. Oversupply is the case and the prices be low until the garage sale dealers are done, no?
    Seth
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭

<< <i>Hopefully, they will do the same as the Statehood Quarters, and have slots for both! >>

Tim...we can hope...