Home U.S. Coin Forum

It's Almost First Spouse Time Again!

The First Spouse Gold Coins come out in less than a week, and the mint has yet to put any additional information on their website, like pricing & limits.

So let's start the speculation... What are the limits and prices going to be this time?

I'm guessing they'll keep the limit of 1.

I'm guessing gold pricing to be $470 Unc/$500 Proof.

Comments

• GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    I think a much more interesting question is what the DEMAND will be? I'm guessing this one will sink like a stone and maybe won't even sell out. I know I won't be buying it...
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First spouse? Got rid of that one 30 years ago.... image Oh... you mean coins.... just the name turned me off on those.. would not, will not buy one... blechhhh..... Cheers, RickO
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sellout in less than a day ?
  • pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    I say no thanks to the coin, and the 50 million stupid threads that are going to be started on itimage

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judging by the lack of response here, I think these will go wanting for homes......
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • I think the Jefferson was many people's Last Spouse...
    BST: Gerard Tdec1000 Scrapman1077 Dropdaflag SeaEagleCoins cucamongacoin whatsup 49thStateofMind ajia DoubleEagle59 johngerman funbunch jnd1955 ACactions PCcoins ArizonaJack feeter277 dsessom JBdimes emteeuu savoyspecial greencopper ....
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Judging by the lack of response here, I think these will go wanting for homes...... >>

Which, of course, will make it the new key to the series!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • I am frequently wrong, but I think this will be a case of fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. That being said, they will probably sell out quickly, with a glut on ebay shortly thereafter.
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • We had similar responses and posts prior to the release of the first MW. She sold out in less than a day. The boards here have very little influence on whether these First Spouse Coins sell out. The Home Shopping Network and Coin Vault will ensure that they will.
    Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity.

• << <i>First spouse? Got rid of that one 30 years ago.... image Oh... you mean coins.... just the name turned me off on those.. would not, will not buy one... blechhhh..... Cheers, RickO >>

image It's been 29 years since mine became first ex.

• BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,960 ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying. On the aftermarket for a discount. image
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think the Jefferson was many people's Last Spouse... >>

Yep, I am soooo done with that series. I am going to take a serious look at the reverse proof plat. set.image
  • UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this being said, I will go ahead and buy one of each. It just might be a sleeper.
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    Gold is falling just in time for the mint repricing. Maybe not $500 for the proof.

<< <i>Gold is falling just in time for the mint repricing. Maybe not $500 for the proof. >>

Yeah more like $499. image
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭
    Could possibly sell them at a later date than Nov. 19. These should be up on their website by now.
  • I think this one will stink too (as far as resale, that is). Too many people got screwed over by the last one that they won't be buying this one.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • They are on the product schedule.

• Count me out!
  • CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭✭
    Just checked site and still a go for Mon. Should get a price up by Fri. Then we have all weekend to clutter up the board with Spouse threadsimage. Think the mint is pleased with the last order limit and will likely stay with it.{Less complaint calls, from first two, for being shut out}. Guess the price, maybe 449-unc....469-proof. Likely buy 1 ea. from mint. If not will get them soon after release. Design is nice both sides.image
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll pass on this one. Enough dogs in the kennel from the other releases!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • I like that you can collect them along side the presidential dollar, but they are very spendy. I pick them up on ebay after they have been slabbed and selling for less. Proofs all the way though for me. I'll get one of each if I'm able. I have 2 of each so far, but will end up selling one each eventually...once gold's at $1000. ^_^
    Beginner that wants to learn.
  • I wait and buy the 69's for around $425.00 just for the .9999 1/2 Oz Gold
  • BearBear Posts: 18,953 ✭✭✭
    It is difficult to see a bright future

for this particular coin. I could be wrong,

but I won't be buying one.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Once bitten twice shy , I will wait for the next Liberty .
    This one is dead in the water...so it will pobably end up being the key or it will still be on sale in 2009
    Buy the dips!!!
  • ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way gold is selling, it will sell out no matter what. It will just be a matter of how long it will take. I bet the proof is still sold out first day.
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    Possibly the proof, but if they're keeping the 20,000 mintage the MS will be around for a long, long time before it fully sells out, IMO.
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    I'll be buying at melt when the glut (Love that word!) hits ebay!image
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • The mint will offer 20,000 proof and 20,000 uncirculated Madison spouse coins via a Dutch auction on eBay ending in seven days after the auction opens.

They will not accept returns and will require PayPal payment. They will announce that they are laying off 50 people as a result.

Two hours before the auction start, it will be delayed do to a technical glitch.
    They said a 1 hour sellout last time but didn't the MS stay for sale with a waiting list for several weeks if not a month after the fact? This time around it may be a similar situation except it will take a couple of days for the sellout with the waiting list hanging around for months.
  • aficionadoaficionado Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They said a 1 hour sellout last time but didn't the MS stay for sale with a waiting list for several weeks if not a month after the fact? This time around it may be a similar situation except it will take a couple of days for the sellout with the waiting list hanging around for months. >>

The Dolly Unc. could be the dog of the bunch if they don't lower the mintage of the Unc.

I think the Proofs are a lock. One day sell out.

I'll buy now, ask questions later.

If the MS doesn't sell out by the time they're delivered, my bet is that even graded, they may be found on eBay beneath the mint's asking price!!!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • holeinone1972holeinone1972 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭
    Prices posted.

The proof coin will be offered at $529.95, and the uncirculated coin will be offered at $509.95.

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's Almost First Spouse Time Again! >>

No thanks. My second one is working out much better.

The first one had her... uhh... good points (nudge nudge wink wink), but the second one is much easier to live with. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    At these prices, it's a good bet that this won't sell out by year end, IMO.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file