Home Sports Talk
Options

Nancy Drew

Way to go Nancy, 1st step to making us sox fans forget about your abysmal year.
give me liberty or give me death
my hotelsimage

Comments

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, that's JD Blew to you, buddy! image
  • Options
    Perhaps it will help Sox fans view his year accurately, not as an abysmal one

Tom
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it will help Sox fans view his year accurately, not as an abysmal one >>

drinking already?
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perhaps it will help Sox fans view his year accurately, not as an abysmal one >>

HUH?
  • Options
    Very similar to Youkilis, very similar to many of Trot Nixon's seasons

Of course he grounded out way too many times with runners on base. But when a players main attribute is taking pitches and drawing walks is hitting behind two of the best hitters in baseball what should we expect?
    Tom
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While he was mediocre most of the year, Drew had many big hits the first 2 or 3 weeks - and all wins were needed to hold off NY. I give him a 5 out of 10. Considering the price Theo paid, that is bad. No doubt Trot of Ellsbury could have been a 5 out of 10 at a fraction of the price. Last night was a million dollar HR though (at least - game 7 revenue and potential WS revenue considered).
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Way too hard to say what Ellsbury would have done over the entire six month season. Even so, next year he'll hopefully be providing that level as a centerfielder

Drew did a lot better than whatever Nixon/Pena would have provided. He had more walks and as many extra-base hits as both of them combined, along with a much higher average. If they were able to combine for that sort of offense over 500 to 600 plate appearances, everyone would be saying how great it was to find that sort of production from right field

For the salary he was paid he was bad. For what he did while on the field he was a solid contributor. Anyone who fails to seperate that is most certainly viewing him inaccurately
    Tom
  • Options
    Drew batted .270 which is within line of his career .284, his power numbers were just off, which, given the transition from LA to Boston, with all new pitchers, a new stadium isn't all that surprising.

I wouldn't necessarily call .270 'abysmal', but hey, that's your choice.
  • Options
    Anyone with a clear head realizes that Sox fans have every right to call Drews stats abysmal due to the large contract that goes with him....
  • Options
    You have every right to call him or his stats whatever you want. But if you base it on something other than his actual job performance, it is not an accurate description
    Tom
  • Options

<< <i>Anyone with a clear head realizes that Sox fans have every right to call Drews stats abysmal due to the large contract that goes with him.... >>

Wow, you sound *just* like the a typical yankee 'fan'.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone with a clear head realizes that Sox fans have every right to call Drews stats abysmal due to the large contract that goes with him.... >>

Wow, you sound *just* like the a typical yankee 'fan'. >>

I think you meant- "Wow, you sound just like A typical yankee fan"... not "like the A typical yankee fan"
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so does the a typical Yankee fan root for the Sox?
  • Options

<< <i>so does the a typical Yankee fan root for the Sox? >>

No, the typical yankee fan thinks that no high priced player should ever have a down year, ever, and that if they do they should be run out of town on a rail.