Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What a piece of scum....eBay seller

$1,000 Reggie Bush Exquisite

Manning Cont. Auto $850

Read the auction descriptions and see if you catch it. I bet those guys were pissed when they opened their bubble mailers.....

Comments

• Options
    Seller was NARUed, and deservedly so.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    I saw this on the Beckett Board. Amazing.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the guy that paid the $1000 for the Bush posted on another message board his anguish from this auction. He is trying to get his money back as we speak.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    If they paid with Paypal and he transferred the funds out they will lose all but $200.

There is just never a good reason to buy an expensive item from someone that doesn't have full Paypal buyer protection (learned that the hard way on a $500 purchase). Just like there is never a reason to pay for postal insurance on any item you buy through Paypal (Paypal will rule in your favor if the item comes damaged in the mail).

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judge Judy had a woman on not too long ago. I think it was shown here on youtube.
    She did the same thing and Judge lambasted her and awared the plantiff $5000.00
    more than she asked for. Amazing what some people will try to do, not to have to
    work for a living. SCUMBAG.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭

<< <i>Judge Judy had a woman on not too long ago. I think it was shown here on youtube.
    She did the same thing and Judge lambasted her and awared the plantiff $5000.00
    more than she asked for. Amazing what some people will try to do, not to have to
    work for a living. SCUMBAG. >>

i saw that episode. the woman sold a picture of a phone instead of teh phone itself. judge judy ripped her a new one. it was really funny.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Unbelievable....

If people need money for rent etc and are desperate they should get on there knees and earn it...

This guy has no class..
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭
    What a total jerk.
    -- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool for him that he could make his feedback private. WTG, ebay.
  • Options
    jamesryanbelljamesryanbell Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty cool for him that he could make his feedback private. WTG, ebay. >>

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was with that too. I didn't even know you could do that???

-- Ryan Bell
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭
    scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the video someone posted yesterday called "wrong ball coach". People can't play fair.
    #LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    colebearcolebear Posts: 886 ✭✭
    "You need a job besides making babies" image

Oh Judge Judy, you are one funny old lady!!!!
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    im always leary of private bidders-you know there is something quite not right there that they dont want you to know about!ok im reading the auction description, he sent out a picture of the actual card to the winners, is that it?
    randy
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Wow he get's my ebay biggest scumbag of the year vote.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Ebay needs to get rid of "Private" feedback. It goes against what feedback is used for. Ebay actually perpetuates some of the BS that goes on.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    96%?
  • Options
    eBay and the court system is going to let this crap go on until someone gets MURDERED in one of these transactions.

Then again, maybe if a buyer would track down and kill a seller (wouldn't that be a CNN top story), maybe the other crooks would take notice.

How far would you fly/drive to collect on a grand?

Collecting my sports heroes, Roger Staubach and Kirby Puckett.
  • Options
    prob as far as it took, if i didnt know someone in the area first, so is this guy selling pics of the card in the picture, is that the catch???????
    randy
  • Options

<< <i>prob as far as it took, if i didnt know someone in the area first, so is this guy selling pics of the card in the picture, is that the catch???????
    randy >>

It took me a minute, but yes, that was the catch. He sent you a picture of the card.
  • Options
    Oh my god, thats creepy that people will actually try to get away with something to blatant. What does NARUd mean??
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What does NARUd mean?? >>

not a registered user
  • Options
    << prob as far as it took, if i didnt know someone in the area first, so is this guy selling pics of the card in the picture, is that the catch???????
    randy >>

It took me a minute, but yes, that was the catch. He sent you a picture of the card.

thats a pretty dirty trick-although ya do gottaadmit,thats what the auction said,think i d go for his cartlidge that goes to his feet so he couldnt walk,then we have a chat about it,talkk about the new bills hes gonna be paying in the future,anybody got a update on this guy?
    seller is not NARU'ed-now-hes still registered on there asof 1:25 eastern,might not be tomorrow!
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    i dont care how the seller worded the auction, it is clearly theft by deception. he intentionally deceived the potential buyers. that is still a crime in every state in the usa.

eventually scumbags like these are going to run into the wrong person who will track them down in person to get revenge. keep in mind, people have been killed for alot less than $1000.
  • Options
    And to top it all off the seller negs the buyer

WATCH THIS ONE..DOESNT READ ACTIONS ,THEN CRIES "SCAM" ..WHAT A LOSER
    fins8583 (private)
    Aug-18-07 19:00

Follow-up by fins8583 (Aug-18-07 19:04):
    THIS "PERSON" IS NOW ON MY BLOCK LIST AND WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO PURCHASE!
    o
    Reply by pathmeister (Aug-20-07 09:25):
    Sold me a "picture" of 06 Reggie Bush Exquisite auto for $1000; Seller is NARU'd

2006 Reggie Bush Exquisite AUTO (#220139053788)
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    ya sure got that right,he wouldnt have to worry about being naru'ed, fubar'ed is in this guys future!at least they have his address
    Randy
  • Options

<< <i>eBay and the court system is going to let this crap go on until someone gets MURDERED in one of these transactions.

Then again, maybe if a buyer would track down and kill a seller (wouldn't that be a CNN top story), maybe the other crooks would take notice.

How far would you fly/drive to collect on a grand? >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the way to the persons front door .

I'm really surprised someone hasn't been murdered yet, it has happened for a lot less than a grand .

Wow !
    That guy is a complete loser .

I would have a hard time not going to pay that guy a little visit .
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Advertised Jail Sentences is the only way to stop this. If people keep getting slaps on the wrists more people will try it.
    Put him away for a year with a boyfriend named Bubba and let the e-bay world know about it. It can't hurt, well might
    hurt the perp a little. image
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    i just talked to the guy, he only got 200.00 back from paypal,and the case is closed!he'll be on here,has to get signed up first,but hes on beckett he said and guy sellers is in newburgh, indiana if anyone is close or would like to have a name or email address pm me
  • Options
    Ebay has always had the private feedback thing, but that said he will not be able to sell on Ebay with it Private, he is not NARU'ed.

However private feedback is just a speed bump in finding out his real feedback. A little research reveals all. It is severly wrong but it is not theft by deception he does say in the listing you are buying a pic of the card not the card. This is why buyers should read EVERYTHING. Many judges looked at Judge Judys ruling after that episode and said she was wrong. Does not matter because the criminal in that case never paid a dime and was actually paid for her appearence. It would not suprise me if the plaintiff and defendants went out to dinner together afterwards. Just like wrestling those shows are fake.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold on a minute! Am I understanding this correctly? The guy who won the auction was sent a pic of the card? Can someone clarify this for me?
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>he is not NARU'ed. >>

Funny thing is that when looking at the auction it appears the seller still has an account but when looking at the feedback profile it shows

• Options
    A little research reveals all. It is severly wrong but it is not theft by deception he does say in the listing you are buying a pic of the card not the card. This is why buyers should read EVERYTHING.

hed still be on the way to some serious pain, if he got you for 1000.00 you would be knida ticked wouldnt ya lol,id be in my cessna going toward indiana typing to you know on laptop,and hes done this to more than one person,if i was him i would hide, in liberia or somehere safe,where the warlords found try and protect me!
    randy
  • Options
    Hi, I'm a new member here and I'm the unfortunate buyer of the "picture" scam on Ebay
    The seller lists under sportscards category, and has the title "2006 Reggie Bush Exquisite auto" --- then says in his listing "looks at this picture" which is exactly what you will get of this beautiful card --- then posts a reason for the low price, like "I'm selling off my collection and need money fast, family emergency"

First of all, I'm only posting to share my misery and warn other people from scammers such as this guy (Ebay ID fins8583) ---
    I have gotten $200 back from Paypal and that is pretty much all they are going to do ---- $200 is their basic tier buyer protection.

This person is a complete fraud, and I am undergoing research to see what is the best avenue to retrieve the money he stole from me. And I will be very persistent in this pursuit.

As of today, I have not even received this so-called "picture" of the card ----

Thanks to the PSA board members for your support ----
  • Options
    Best of luck with this, I am stunned that this dirtbag did this, I meen WTF?
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    path- this is a fairly old ebay scam but hasn't really hit cards as much as other categories. Here's a video of some hooker selling pics of cell phones and going in front of Judge Judy a little while back- link

I really hope you go all the way with this. Personally, I would take a trip out to his house just to prove a point, but that's just me.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I'm not stunned. I'm actually more surprised there aren't more scams like this reported. It is so easy to do, and as evidence in the the Judge Judy segment on youtube that was posted. This type of scam can be easily applied to anything.

This leads me to think. The plaintiffs in the Judge Judy case reported this to the attorney general in their district. That helped get the ball rolling. Is this something that can be done to help this case as well?
  • Options
    I remember a while back when people were selling empty PlayStation 2 boxes, using clever wording to dupe the less-clever into buying an empty box for $500. (That was during the launch insanity)

I never followed up on those, but I wonder what eBay or Paypal did if anything. That would be back in 2000 or 2001, before things like buyer protection or the eBay/PayPal merger.
    Nolan Ryan & Edgar Martinez are my favorite players...
    mosaic's Nolan Ryan Basic Topps registry set
    mosaic's Big 3 Nolan Ryan Run Showcase
  • Options
    Personally it would be VERY HARD for me not to take a road trip as well
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭
    Was a credit card used to pay through Paypal? If so, I would dispute it through your credit card.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I love how Judge Judy rips the defendant a new one, but the defendant's smug demeanor and attitude really makes me feel bad for her kids, who are learning that sometimes, crime pays.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Just a reminder to buyers on Ebay ---- Paypal only offers $200 protection for basic tier sellers (which includes most scams listings) --- my mistake was also not using a credit card protection via Paypal --- otherwise, the credit cards offer another level of buyer protection. I've learned the hard way for sure.
  • Options
    Again the whole Judge Judy thing would not suprise me if the whole case was a scam. The shows are fake. The loser never pays a dime and actually gets paid for their appearence.
  • Options
    I wonder if this was the same moron that was selling pictures of a Albert Pujols card. The listing description sound awfully familiar.
  • Options
    go on judge judy path lol
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Listing it in the "Sportscards" section could very well be considered fraud, especially since the seller knew it wasnt a sportscard.

Other than calling his house EVERY hour on the hour from a pay phone, calling his local police department, filing a claim in both your district and his and spending the money to travel to his home and run my car through his front door, I wouldnt do to much.

PS: If you decide to do the latter, it would be a good idea to "rent" a 350 pound monster to go with you
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Ok, Im renting a van and starting in Florida. I can pick up anyone on the way that lives between there and Indiana. Id like to visit this guy and then
    show him a picture of the front of the van through his living room window and get my man back his 800 plus a little "payback". Who is in?

JS
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    pathmeister...turn on your PM's

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options
    his name has now changed to cancelledaccount0000, is now unregistered,so i cant bring up any of the other auctions he has ran doing this ,path the ebay nazis wont let me contact you anymore , rquest contact info and get a phone #, i dont figure it will be real if hes smart,but you never know,it could be a phone # forpizza hut,they dont check that stuff,as long as you got the right area code any phone # would work
    Randy