Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Will Bonds get into the HOF?

This question has been asked in the middle of threads, posed rhetorically, and answered randomly in the middle of hundreds of threads.

WILL BONDS GET INTO THE HOF SOMETIME?

I say yes, and I'd love to hear YOUR vote.

Comments

• Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    if they wont let pete rose in for his hits record just for gambling, nether should they let in billboard head for the home run record, just for being an azz-the sportwriters will remember what an azz he was to them and the meda,id vote for steve howe or another cokehead forst-stawberry is on there, id pick him any day first-at least hes not ful of himself-hes just full of coke lol
    randy
  • Options
    Sure, as long as he pays the $14.50 admission
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    YES - if they havent nailed him yet - they wont...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    262Runner262Runner Posts: 606 ✭✭✭
    7xMVP...14xAll-Star...Single Season HR Champ (73)...Single Season Walks Record (232)...Intentional Walks Record (120)...On Base % record (.609)...Slugging % Record (.863)...MLB Record 13 Season of 30+ HR...1 of 4 40-40 Club Members...1 of 3 700 Home Run Club Members...And The List Goes On And On And On...But To Sum It All Up In Three Words...Hall of Fame!

Collecting all cards - Gus Zernial
    Post Cereal both raw and PSA Graded (1961-1963)

• Options
    Yes... too many people have been arguing that all records should have *** beside them... I don't think he should though.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    With McGwire only getting 20-something % of the votes, how can anyone else get in that's similar? McGwire was no more or less guilty than Bonds is/was. I don't think McGwire, Bonds or Sosa should get in.
  • Options
    Yes, he will be voted in first ballot.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is living on fantasy island, far, far removed from reality.
  • Options

<< <i>With McGwire only getting 20-something % of the votes, how can anyone else get in that's similar? McGwire was no more or less guilty than Bonds is/was. I don't think McGwire, Bonds or Sosa should get in. >>

Mac and Sosa admitted to it - Bonds has admitted nothing...he is in and will be the king of all-time - Arod will not touch his final number - people who think he will are in a fantasy land...

- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    Like it or not he will get in. I think Mcgwire will eventually as well.
  • Options
    BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>With McGwire only getting 20-something % of the votes, how can anyone else get in that's similar? McGwire was no more or less guilty than Bonds is/was. I don't think McGwire, Bonds or Sosa should get in. >>

Mac and Sosa admitted to it - Bonds has admitted nothing... >>

Other way around, bub. Mac and Sosa admitted to nothing by being silent and evasive. Bonds has admitted to using Clear.
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sure, as long as he pays the $14.50 admission >>

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    You ask a question ... you get an answer. So let's rephrase the question to: "Upon eligibility, will Barry Lamar Bonds ever become a member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum via election by the Baseball Writers Association of America or the National Baseball Hall of Fame Committee on Baseball Veterans?"

I say yes, but not by the writers. I believe the Veterans Committee will ultimately vote Bonds in. It appears that the players have a greater understanding/more respect for Bonds' on the field accomplishments, steroids or not, than the writers.

But on a more important note, will a player with 500+ career home runs AND 3000+ career hits, e.g. Rafael Palmeiro, receive even 5% of the writers' vote to stay on the ballot for the next fifteen (15) years? I would not be surprised if Palmeiro did not receive the 5%.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>7xMVP...14xAll-Star...Single Season HR Champ (73)...Single Season Walks Record (232)...Intentional Walks Record (120)...On Base % record (.609)...Slugging % Record (.863)...MLB Record 13 Season of 30+ HR...1 of 4 40-40 Club Members...1 of 3 700 Home Run Club Members...And The List Goes On And On And On...But To Sum It All Up In Three Words...Hall of Fame! >>

You forgot 1 of 1 800 Club Member. image
    You can fool man but you can't fool God! He knows why you do what you do!
  • Options
    Raffy will never be voted in, he failed a drug test after wagging his finger in front of congress...he's the black sheep of baseball and will likely never be affiliated with the game again.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Mac and Sosa admitted to it - Bonds has admitted nothing... >>

Other way around, bub. Mac and Sosa admitted to nothing by being silent and evasive. Bonds has admitted to using Clear. >>

oxymoron... bonds in first ballot - sosa a couple of ballots - Mac will get in when Rose gets in...after death

- uncut

• Options
    kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    First ballot
  • Options
    Sports writers have done an outstanding job, so I would have to guess he does make it. Of coure when their most noteable error was Mark McGwire who knows. Next year with fellow drug abuser Tim Raines on the ballot will give a big clue as to the current views of the writers. But that could change over the next five years
    Tom
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    the difference between Bonds and everyone else mentioned in this thread is that Bonds had HOF credentials before taking steriods, if you make the assumption that he started taking them in 1999 (which most baseball pundits assume)....For that reason alone, he has a much better chance of getting in.

• Options
    agree with swartz1 on one thing-pete will get in, but not untill after he dies-kinda dirty of em considering stawberrys been on the ballot and all the scuz you have in every sport today, not just baseball,surprised the pga players havnt beat each other over the head with thier clubs yet the way this year in sports is shaping up,or bowlers knocking each other out with pins, that one guy in minors the other day (cant remember his name,used to be in major)went after the pitcher with the bat and went to the clink, great role models our kids have to look up to nowadays!i dont think he'll get in on first ballot,not because of roids, but becase of the sportwriters will begrudge him and treat him just like he did them
    randy
  • Options
    Interesting responses.

I agree with the "fantasy land" analogy. image
  • Options
    I hope he gets in, then maybe they will let Pete Rose in and Joe Jackson and throw out this gambling nonsense.
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    there is no 800 club member yet-hes still got a ways to go on that one, though i figure hell try and stick around if anyone will pay the "kings" ransom to get it, he could stickaround for several years as a dh if somebody picks him up,depending on how much $ they want to shell out, giants in last place so he didnt do them no good this year, i figure they will dump him and try to get some younger players and get in a pennant race after all this fiasco this year!
    randy