Home U.S. Coin Forum

Grade posted on my 1936 Lincoln I bought on Ebay or $9

WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
Many would say by the picture below, I was ripped by Ebay for $9...
But PCGS and I think not!

92650 1936 Dbld Die Obv-Type 2 RD - - - MS 64 RED = $1500

WS
Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Comments

• Nice score!!! Congrats!

Who is handing out the You Suck awards? I think that deserves one.
  • bennybravobennybravo Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭
    Very Nice Score.Congratulations!image
  • OneCentOneCent Posts: 3,561
    I don't see the doubling...the numeral 6?

Nice score!!!!

imageimage
    Collector of Early 20th Century U.S. Coinage.
    ANA Member R-3147111
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with the bad pic, I saw the slanted loop of the number 6, but the broken R in Liberty was the dead give away.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • jonathanbjonathanb Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! Yes, I see the doubling easily. Nice score!
  • ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy Crap, You Suck!!

<< <i>Holy Crap, You Suck!!
    >>

Thanks image

WS
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for the Collector Board Nice pick up.imageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    Nice score! I think it deserves a "You Suck" especially considerign that you made the coin in a nicely graded holder.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • tightbudgettightbudget Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWEET! And, great eye on it!

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... I search eBay for that variety all the time, but somehow I missed that one. Was it sold unattributed and you picked up the variety just from the pictures? However you pulled it off, that is one heck of a score - nice job!

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    You suck
  • clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615

<< <i>Wow... I search eBay for that variety all the time, but somehow I missed that one. Was it sold unattributed and you picked up the variety just from the pictures? However you pulled it off, that is one heck of a score - nice job!
    Sean Reynolds >>

Me too
  • rabbitracksrabbitracks Posts: 538 ✭✭
    Congratulations on that fantastic Score Bob. You definitely derserve a YOU SUCK. imageimage Going to hang on to it for your collection? If you sell it best of luck to ya. image
    Mike.
    Someday REAL American HERO's will be on our COINS.
    Enjoying time at home with the family now is my full time passion.

rabbitracks toned showcase set
    myurl
    I know you guys are searching the bay, and all I can say is I got lucky this time. If all the photos were excellent quality we would all find more and bidding them up. Truth is, I have bought a handful of duds taking gambles on bad pics and lost money doing so. But the hunt is part of collecting. And this kind of find makes all those other bad purchase worth it.

Now that PCGS allows any of three 1936 DDO in the registry, this one goes in as soon as the serial number is activated.

WS
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You suck...BIG TIME!!!!!!!
  • TorinoCobra71TorinoCobra71 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭
    For nine bux, you are gonna get one heckuva return, if and when you sell it!

TorinoCobra71

• drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally, the payoff for the time and study. Congrats!
  • MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Didn't anyone tell you that you can't buy raw coins offin ebay? Nice pickup.
  • STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    No question about it, YOU SUCK
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice find - congrats! image
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool! Seller left a grand on the table with that picture. Sucks to be him, and it SUCKS™ to be YOU, of course.
  • PriestPriest Posts: 270 ✭✭
    It's a good thing to hear of someone getting a great deal, in this case for $ 9.00 it is a great find as if you found it in pocket change.

I'm Happy for you.
    D.A. Priest
  • GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    You Suck... bigtime!
  • DeadhorseDeadhorse Posts: 3,720
    Good eye there. Nice pick up.

I don't collect Lincolns anymore, but I would have missed that had I seen it based on that picture.

Score!!
    "Lenin is certainly right. There is no subtler or more severe means of overturning the existing basis of society(destroy capitalism) than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and it does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose."
    John Marnard Keynes, The Economic Consequences of the Peace, 1920, page 235ff
  • ibzman350ibzman350 Posts: 5,315

Nice find, I don't know diddly about those lincolns.............but I will remember broken r and 36...image

Herb
    Remember it's not how you pick your nose that matters, it's where you put the boogers.
    imageimageimage
  • 09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
    Nice Score! Congrats Bob
  • 57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

fantasic pick up!!!! does the eBay seller know???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file