Home Sports Talk
Options

Check out this online baseball game

frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
It's actually pretty fun. My high score so far after playing about 20 times is 19,784.

Hit the question mark at the bottom to understand how the scoring is done.

Pinch Hitter

Shane

Comments

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    I have played about 25 games so far...thanks ...lol

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    How did you do?

Shane

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I would do a lot better if I didn't 'step in the bucket' every time I swing!

Thanks for sharing the site.
  • Options
    I just got to 28,396.

What do you mean by "step in the bucket"?

Shane

• Options
    personal best thus far is 12,847

im going to stop now before I break my mouse lol
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I just got to 28,396.

What do you mean by "step in the bucket"? >>

From Wikipedia-

To act timidly or cowardly. A batter who steps away from home plate with his leading foot (usu. in fear of being struck by a pitched ball) instead of a straight-ahead stride is said to "step in the bucket
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    That's a lot of fun, thanks!
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Apparently I'm a dead pull hitter. I just flew out to the unseen LF three times in a row.
  • Options
    I just got 35,839. image

Shane

• Options
    I had 39k until the last pitch when I K'ed and lost half image
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    How do you elevate the ball? I keep trying different ways but just keep hitting grounders.
  • Options
    I've had the best luck hitting the ball with the top half of the bat...the higher on the bat you hit, the higher it goes.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Tinkerbell is waving her magic wand, hoping that someone, some where will give her the strength to cope with life.

What a sad, pathetic life it lives.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Here is the key....

1)Keep your bat level. When you see a high fastball, that will be the best chance to hit a HR, but you have to keep the bat level to get it elevated. I hit a few over the scoreboard like this.

If the pitch comes lower, then you need to lower the bat a tad to get elevation...this is the hard part, as you have only a small amount of time to lower it the right amount.

2)Do not try and pull the bull. Blast away at the scoreboard AND the big 'Fenway' corner in right center.

3)Hit the ball near the end of the bat. If you are anxious and try to pull, you will miss, but if you time it right with the bat at the right level, and then blast it, you will elevate it.

I got 47,232 as my high.

One game I had 20,000 after my first three swings, then the little buggers caught two and got me to 500 something. Then I blasted my way to 37,000 in that game.

It took me about a dozen games to figure this out.

If you get really good, then you can aim for the 2X, and get double points on HR.
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Tinkerbell is waving her magic wand, hoping that someone, some where will give her the strength to cope with life.

What a sad, pathetic life it lives. >>

Guess all of those pelts mean nothing on the diamond.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    first game - 0
    second game - 123
    third game - 164

I'm improving.
  • Options
    Here's another "stupid little game" involving golf which I sometimes partake in when I'm feeling brain dead. LOL

My personal best is 12 in a row.

http://www.matchpractice.com/game/
  • Options
    Like Skin said, the key is to hit the ball off the end of the bat. If you get under it just a little, it will go for a HR. Also, the key to a high score is to spray the ball. The reason you spray the ball to all fields is that the fielders rotate to where you just hit the ball. If you hit it to left, the fielder will move and then if you hit it to right, the fielder won't catch it.

Shane

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭

<< <i>Here's another "stupid little game" involving golf which I sometimes partake in when I'm feeling brain dead. LOL

http://www.matchpractice.com/game/ >>

Stevek that is just mindless fun, man, LOL.

At first I couldn't get even one, but I just got 6 in a row. Don't ask me how.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Here's another "stupid little game" involving golf which I sometimes partake in when I'm feeling brain dead. LOL

http://www.matchpractice.com/game/ >>

Stevek that is just mindless fun, man, LOL.

At first I couldn't get even one, but I just got 6 in a row. Don't ask me how. >>

The little b*st*rds seem to know when you're going good, then they throw that 4.92 one in there to freeze you out! LOL
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    I know it stinks but I just score over 8000 on the 5 th game I played. My wife and I have 5 sons but I still believe this means I must not have much of a life. Thanks for the game.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    1st game - 2934

2nd game - 26841

3rd game - 16537

4th game - 2904

5th game - 17459

....I'm all over the place. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    My best game is 16,000 and some change. I keep it minimized and play it during commercials while watching the real thing on the tube.

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    FrankHardy,

I was up to 62,000+ with 5 pitches still to go, then I lined out to one of the buggers! I could have played content and hit ground balls, but I was going for 100,000. I ended up with 27,000+ in the game.

Another game I had 20,000 on my first three swings....which means I still had 10 pitches to go. I finished with 19,000+.

• Options
    Jeez - I must suck at this baseball game, I can't break 10,000!

But, I did just nail 6 putts in a row on the golf game.

I better get some work done today!
  • Options
    Bunch of dam computer game addicts on this forum. Quite pathetic really. Why don't you all do something constructive such as working harder at your job or business, caring more for your family and friends, and perhaps contributing to world peace and solving the hunger problem?

Now excuse me while I get back to this cursed computer baseball game. image
  • Options

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just another thing Im addicted to now! 13,139 so far is my high score.

I did manage a ZERO as well..
  • Options
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I finally hit a bit over 29K...but that was by far my best so far LOL
  • Options
    I am so very glad that I could contribute to you guys' life! image

By the way, I just got to 32,995 a while ago which is my second best.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>I am so very glad that I could contribute to you guys' life! image >>

• Options
    It is a great little game huh?
  • Options
    I can't break 20,000...I almost did but I lined out with 2 pitches to go.

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Has anyone hit a HR to left field? I am a straight away to right field hitter I guess

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Its tough to pull the ball with any amount of power, I can hit it to the fence, but haven't been able to hit a HR to left, all mine go either dead center or to right.

• Options
    My son hit one through the opening of the left field fence. I have been trying to put one on that metal porch...came close by the gutter, but no cigar yet.

• Options
    I wonder if anyone has broken a window?

To pull it, you have to stick the bat all the way out over the plate and swing a little early where the ball will hit the end of the bat when it is a little out in front of the plate. I've tried to hit the opening and haven't done it yet, but I have hit some HR's to left.

Shane

• Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    40,166 is my best now. I had 24,000 pts from the very start without a strike or an out.

Shane

• Options
    I wish i could hit opposite field like this in real life! im a dead pull power hitter lol. i'd kill to have the skills of this little digital dude!
  • Options
    So frustrating... Was at 35,000 with 2 pitches to go. K and then a pop out.

• Options
  • Options
    Okay, I'm getting the hang of this now, just hit 4 HR's in a row! And then, struck out and flied out, so my score sucked.

How do you guys save a screen capture like that? In case I hit the big one, I want to save it for posterity!
  • Options
    ctsox-

Just hit the print screen button, then open a photo editing program, then paste in the capture (cntrl-V) and there you have it.
  • Options

<< <i>Just hit the print screen button, then open a photo editing program, then paste in the capture (cntrl-V) and there you have it. >>

and please, please be my friend. love axtell
  • Options
    stitzen - thanks for the help.

Now, I just need a score to be cap-worthy...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Just hit the print screen button, then open a photo editing program, then paste in the capture (cntrl-V) and there you have it. >>

and please, please be my friend. love axtell >>

D'Oh!

But still a personal best image

Edited image

• Options

<< <i>ctsox-

Just hit the print screen button, then open a photo editing program, then paste in the capture (cntrl-V) and there you have it. >>

You have to hit - Ctrl, then Alt, then Print Screen. That copies it to your clipboard. Then go into Paint, go to Edit, and then Paste. That's the way I do it, anyway.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>
    You have to hit - Ctrl, then Alt, then Print Screen. That copies it to your clipboard. Then go into Paint, go to Edit, and then Paste. That's the way I do it, anyway. >>

Hmm interesting, I don't have to hit cntrl-alt. I've just always hit the print screen.