Home Metal Detecting
Options

Hamilton

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
On my morning walk I found a $10 bill in a ditch about a half a block from the house. I kinda did a double take to make sure that it was real. Looked along the rest of the ditch but that was the only one. Maybe not as much as Marym but I wasn't going to put it back.

Comments

• Options
    marymmarym Posts: 713
    Woohoo a tenspot!!! Isn't it odd how when we see a bill of any denomination we second guess ourselves? It never seems quite real for some reason. On the other hand, we see a penny and there's no doubt in our mind what we see!

Congrats on a great find!! image
    Be Still and Know
  • Options
    >>Woohoo a tenspot!!!<<

AKA A "saw buck"

COOL
    Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    I found $17 in a parking lot last summer. Sure it was on the running board of a pickup truck but by the time I had picked up the bills on the pavement the wind had blown the rest of it off. I scooped it up and went inside the store and asked the lady at the service desk to page the owner of the truck because I was going to give it back. Nobody showed up after a few minutes and when I looked back in the parking lot the truck had left. So I did the next best thing, I kept it.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A righteous solution Laserart. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Took my grandson for a walk around the block last night. We picked up 4 cents in route.image
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803
    Here's a little something that'll make people chase through a parking lot <eg>

http://cgi.ebay.com/Folded-Fifty-Attention-Grabber-Inside-Blank_W0QQitemZ330102964586QQihZ014QQcategoryZ139962QQcmdZViewItem

Guess you could use it as a business card too.. ha
  • Options
    I found $63 once. Yep... all in about a half a block. First a $1, then a $20, then another $20, then a $1, a $1, and finally a last $20. I kept walking around that area for probably an hour looking for more... but thats all I could find.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Must be my week. I went for a bike ride last evening and found 2 Lincolns. One was a bill and one was a penny. I told my wife this morning that now I need the 1, 20 and 100 to make the week complete.
  • Options
    i found a fiver in the sand once....my brother finds bills all the time...the wind just blows in his direction....i remember as kids walking down the sidewalk together and we both spotted a fifty at the same time, before i could think the rat bast*rd pushed me down and picked it up...he did end up sharing it with me after i chased him for 2 blocks with a stick in my hand...ha! the good old days...where have they gone?....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My best find was a $100 note shortly before Christmas two years ago. Nearly every day I walk by a large parking lot next to the ocean, and the wind tends to blow everything dropped into the grass along the edge. Next best find was $1, and then two days later, another $1 note stuck in the grass.....all from the same parking lot.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was summoning Hammy the Boneman. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

<< <i>I thought this thread was summoning Hammy the Boneman. image >>

who's he?....hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    A past forum regular.

(hamiltonjh).

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭
    I found a $100 bill yesterday walking- thought it was going to be a $1 bill folded up! Lots of people were walking right by it even, guess I was the only one looking down. Stopped later to buy a couple of bucks worth of lottery tickets from a machine- someone left $3 credit in it. Bought $5 worth of tickets then and won $19, decided to quit while I was ahead- there were alot of severe lightening storms in area- figured my odds of getting struck might be going up!
  • Options

<< <i>I found a $100 bill yesterday walking >>