Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Beware....you may want to block ebay seller enicoin. AKA Elite Numismatics Inc. AKA PCGS forum memb

fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
I bought a 20th anniversary set on ebay from Elite Numismatics Inc graded PCGS PR69/PR69DC/MS69 on May27 Paid $595 + $4.95 S&H. Today I receive a my check back with a letter stating:

" I am very sorry but we have made a mistake in listing and selling this set.
I am very sorry for this and for wasting your time. Here is your check back. For the inconvience, you can take free shipping off of your next two orders from us. Thank you for your understanding."

David Walsh
Director of operations.
brccoins@gmail.com

I could not find their phone number threw ebay, so I called directory assitance trying to locate their phone number. The phone operator found all the business located at the address and guess what? .....no such bussiness exists at that address.

I received no emails, no warnings that Elite numismatics were going to pull this. They just sent the letter and my returned check by snail mail.

Comments

• Options
    UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    send him an email and ask them why. Then Neg 'em....
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    What's their actual eBay handle?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    I did email them and ask for a phone number. This really needs to be settled over the phone instead of via emails.

I see you are located in Utah.....you know these guys? Are they even legit?
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    least ya got your $$$$ back ......
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

<< <i>What's their actual eBay handle? >>

oops...thanks Russ. Their ebay handle is... enicoin.

<< <i>least ya got your $$$$ back ...... >>

True that JJM.image
  • Options
    Customer Service
    877-ENI-COIN

David Walch
    Owner, Director of Operations
    dwalch@enicoin.com
    801-427-6920

Brian Childs
    Owner, Chief Numismatist
    bchilds@enicoin.com
    801-318-5861

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    That's too funny Russ.image
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russ you aint got enough to do ..........
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options

<< <i>Customer Service >>

<< <i>877-ENI-COIN >>

Boom...there it is.image

I am sure glad I'm on Russ' good side.image
  • Options
    I have had many dealings with Brian in the past and he has always been fair.
  • Options
    Never heard of them...
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • Options

<< <i>send him an email and ask them why. Then Neg 'em.... >>

I would just bid on another set. A negative feedback just seems a bit hostile when someone made a mistake in their listing. Heck, someone could have accidently pressed the "relaunch" button. To me, Negative Feedbacks should be reserved for cheats, and judging by this seller's feedback, he doesn't seem like a cheat. You have your money back, so there is no loss to you. Now, if you find that it costs you more to obtain a different set, it is probably fair that you ask this seller if they would be willing to make up the difference.

Just my opinion, but taking the high road will usually make you feel better than getting even.
  • Options
    I thought that brccoins@gmail.com eMail address seemed familiar:

<< <i>User ID Effective Date End Date
    enicoin Sep-14-06 Present
    brccoins May-02-04 Sep-14-06
    mbmcoin Jul-21-03 May-02-04
    brccoin Jul-08-01 Jul-21-03 >>

brccoins coins got in a little hot water a while back pre-selling graded coins before the coins were graded. He's also a member of this forum.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    He is a PCGS forum member.....brccoins.

• Options
    I've purchased probably $15k from Brian and never had a problem....

FloridaBill
  • Options
    Utah? that figures
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I bought a 20th anniversary set on ebay from Elite Numismatics Inc graded PCGS PR69/PR69DC/MS69 on May27 Paid $595 + $4.95 S&H. Today I receive a my check back with a letter stating:

" I am very sorry but we have made a mistake in listing and selling this set.
    I am very sorry for this and for wasting your time. Here is your check back. For the inconvience, you can take free shipping off of your next two orders from us. Thank you for your understanding."

David Walsh
    Director of operations.
    brccoins@gmail.com

I could not find their phone number threw ebay, so I called directory assitance trying to locate their phone number. The phone operator found all the business located at the address and guess what? .....no such bussiness exists at that address.

I received no emails, no warnings that Elite numismatics were going to pull this. They just sent the letter and my returned check by snail mail.

image >>

He has done it with me..I think he sometimes has too much going and not keeping track of his inventory. His auctions in the past , have gotten less than the going priceimage
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    What's your ebay ID?
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like he is selling them again.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like he is selling them again. >>

These guys are a couple of friggin putz.image They won't return my emails or phone calls. I guess I should be greatful they sent my check back. This coin outfit is a real train wreck!!
  • Options

Fivecents,

Is that the same set that they "made a mistake in listing" when you won it?

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    ONETHREEONETHREE Posts: 1,126
    My favorite is this feedback:

God will certainly punish you for stealing & for being unfaithful & deceiving. Buyer: lefty-t.wilbury ( 276) Mar-13-07 06:05
    PCGS PR69 DCAM 2007-S Silver State Quarter Set W/Flags! (#110088956025) US $73.66 View Item
    "It's not that the Irish are cynical. It's simply that they have a wonderful lack of respect for everything and everybody." - Brendan Behan

Proud Participant in Operation "Stone Holey" August 7, 2008
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    a fair resolution if he isnt going to send the set is that he send you a check for the difference which it would cost you for replacement. that is, if you actually get in touch with him.
  • Options
    I would be happy. That is a lot of money for a self-slabbed set of coins. You could have bought the three coins raw for $500 or less and put them in a Capital Plastics holder and graded them 70 yourself. LOL!

Be glad you did not get the coins.

Jonathan
    I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.
  • Options

<< <i>That is a lot of money for a self-slabbed set of coins. >>

They are PCGS graded.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That is a lot of money for a self-slabbed set of coins. >>

They are PCGS graded.

Russ, NCNE >>

Oh, my bad.

Jonathan
    I have been a collector for over mumbly-five years. I learn something new every day.
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    61 negs or neutrals mostly based upon poor customer service. I am glad some of you on here had positive experiences, but not my kind of seller. Even tho some were withdrawn who needs this.
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭

<< <i>They need an accountant. >>

Why are they advertising on a Philippine job search site?

Maybe Rina can help them out?
  • Options
    HeywoodHeywood Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭
    Seems like the error in the listing was not waiting for the prices to go higher!

I hope there is a good explanation for this other than

"I returned your check because I was sure I could get more by re-listing the item"

A witty saying proves nothing- Voltaire (1694 - 1778)

An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor

does the truth become error because nobody will see it. -Mohandas K. Gandhi (1869-1948)
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>They need an accountant. >>

Why are they advertising on a Philippine job search site?

Maybe Rina can help them out? >>

Why single her out? Many of us have Filipina wives on this board I've noticed....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>61 negs or neutrals mostly based upon poor customer service. I am glad some of you on here had positive experiences, but not my kind of seller. Even tho some were withdrawn who needs this. >>

Yeah, Toolhaus sure paints a different picture than basic eBay feedback percentage:

http://www.toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=enicoin&Dirn=Received+by

Russ, NCNE
  • Options

<< <i>Utah? that figures >>

And just what is that suppose to mean??
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,303 ✭✭✭
    Let us know how this ends. I'm curious about his new listing of the item and then a further explanation from him to you.
    "Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    flaminioflaminio Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭
    Now all we need is for brccoins to chime in on this thread and the DRAMA can really begin!
  • Options

<< <i>Is that the same set that they "made a mistake in listing" when you won it? >>

Woops...Russ is correct, it is a different set with different grades. The set I won was 69/69/69, the set listed is 70/70/69.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

These guys are a couple of friggin putz.image They won't return my emails or phone calls. I guess I should be greatful they sent my check back. This coin outfit is a real train wreck!! >>

Just move on and avoid these people ..I bet they canceled the sale because they hope to get a higher price from someone else
  • Options
    brccoinsbrccoins Posts: 302
    This is enicoin. Fivecents I apologize for the mistake with this auction. We do not have any of these in stock and there was a miscomunication between me (I list the auctions and live in CA) and my shipper David who is in UT where our inventory is located. It's not always easy when you aren't with your physical inventory. We had 2 other auctions up of this same item and I ended one but the other one only has 2 hours left and I cannot end it because of eBay's policy. It was an honest mistake. I can be contacted any time at brccoins@hotmail.com or brccoins@gmail.com. I can also give you my personal phone number if you request it via email. I am not the kind of seller that would ignore emails or avoid a bad situation that I have created. Thank you, -Brian
  • Options

<< <i>Let us know how this ends. I'm curious about his new listing of the item and then a further explanation from him to you. >>

I have these set to automatically list through blackthorne pro and 3 were listed before I even knew we didn't have them. If you look all of these auctions were listed at the same time in the day with the same amount of days between auctions. I did not and would not EVER re-list these to get a higher price at the expense of my first buyer.
  • Options

<< <i>I have these set to automatically list through blackthorne pro and 3 were listed before I even knew we didn't have them. >>

The one that is currently running was listed 5.30.07. The one that Fivecents won was listed 5.20.07. So, for 10 days you were oblivious to the fact that you were listing items you didn't have?

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that the same set that they "made a mistake in listing" when you won it? >>

Woops...Russ is correct, it is a different set with different grades. The set I won was 69/69/69, the set listed is 70/70/69. >>

Just for clarifications' sake, the link I posted is for a 69/69/69 set, the same as you won. It is still active and is presently at $646. It had over 19 hours yet to go when I originally posted it.
  • Options
    Russ,

Unfortunately that is correct. It shouldn't have happened and I am working to make sure it doesn't happen again.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Woops...Russ is correct, it is a different set with different grades. The set I won was 69/69/69, the set listed is 70/70/69. >>

Just for clarifications' sake, the link I posted is for a 69/69/69 set, the same as you won. It is still active and is presently at $646. It had over 19 hours yet to go when I originally posted it. >>

I check the boards maybe once a month or when someone emails me about a thread...maybe I should check more often.
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just for clarifications' sake, the link I posted is for a 69/69/69 set, the same as you won. It is still active and is presently at $646. It had over 19 hours yet to go when I originally posted it. >>

I check the boards maybe once a month or when someone emails me about a thread...maybe I should check more often. >>

Perhaps a little more time spent checking your ebay auctions would suffice.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    I won enicoin auction # 110071959976 for a 2006 w unc 1/2 oz plat on 12-31-06, sent a check for 1,091.11 , around the going price at the time,and it was cashed about a week later, after winning I noticed it was a pre sale, my fault for not reading the small print i guess, anyway my money was tied up untill march 15 so I lost my chance to own one of these at a price I could afford. I dont feel you can sell what you dont have, but brian did return my e-mails and assured me the mint would send them and he did refund the money I sent 3 and 1/2 months later....
  • Options
    "I am not the kind of seller that would ignore emails or avoid a bad situation that I have created. Thank you, -Brian"

Wrong! You sold a coin to me over a year ago, you sent the wrong coin...I emailed you three times explaining this, not once did you have the common courtesy to email back. I only live ten miles from your Orem business and I'll never do business with you again. I still have the coin too, want it back? Because I certainly didn't want it. It's refreshing to see you publicly exposed, makes me smile. I'm the type of person that never forgets.
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i>"I am not the kind of seller that would ignore emails or avoid a bad situation that I have created. Thank you, -Brian" >>

<< <i>Wrong! You sold a coin to me over a year ago, you sent the wrong coin...I emailed you three times explaining this, not once did you have the common courtesy to email back. I only live ten miles from your Orem business and I'll never do business with you again. I still have the coin too, want it back? Because I certainly didn't want it. It's refreshing to see you publicly exposed, makes me smile. I'm the type of person that never forgets. >>

Just for the record, I have bought several coins over the years from Brian, and never had a problem. Maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones, but I would have no problem bidding on one of his auction in the future. Sorry to hear that Fivecents had a bad experienceimage

Tim
  • Options
    Alot of coin buyers wronged by brccoins are starting to come foward.image

What really bothers me about this whole deal is that brccoins didn't send me a quick email to tell me what had happened. Everyone and his brother knows how volitile the 20th Anni. ASE set market is. I paid top dollar for this set at the time. brccoins should have at least given me a chance to replace the set from somebody else on ebay. Instead the send me check back tome via snail mail........cheesey real cheesey brccoins. Brccoins didn't even reimbusre for my 40c stamp.

Blindedbyego.....Sorry I didn't realize they listed the same set. Again....cheesey brccoins real cheesey.image
  • Options
    Brian:

Bottom line, you are selling at a million miles an hour, plowing through everything and destroying ANY sense of customer loyalty. From you idiotic "pre-sales" of the Plats to the bullsh*t like this , I can safely say almost NO ONE will go near you because they don't want to take a roll on your 'crap-shoot' auctions.

"Jeez, will I get the coin or will I have to go thru 'encoin hell'?"

On three occasions I thought this and you know what?

I passed, and you sold the coins at 10-15% below what you could have gotten had your dubious reputation not preceded you.

Instead of fixing it this error, you dig yourself in and make an excuse not to fix what you did, further confirming to everyone here you are 'radioactive'

If it weren't so sad it would be hilarious, this excersise you insist on doing. That is, in bending over to pick up nickels as dollars fly out your pockets.

You are only as good as your last sale and right now your cheapness has cost you $1,000's in business from this board.

Just as a Contrast, and I mean a HUGE contrast, I'll use Mitch (Wondercoin) as an example of someone who gets top dollar and a HUGE loyal following from BOTH sellers and buyers. His word is golden. No excuses, No bullsh*t.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file