Home Metal Detecting
Options

5,000 Post Celebration Giveaway!!***WINNER IN FIRST POST***

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I've had a great time on this little forum.

OK, I put everyones name in a hat and the winner is........

Dockwalliper!!!!
Congrats!

Shoot me your addy and I'll get it on it's way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well I hit 5,000 with this post and thought I would celebrate with you all by having a nice giveaway.
Actually it's kind of a dual celebration!
I have been wanting to dig some Civil War artifacts for some time now and just learned that I was drawn as the 19th alternate to attend the 2008 North/South Hunt! It's a private hunt put on by Larry Cissna who owns The Treasure Depot website.
If you saw the Civil War detecting episode of the TV show "The Best Places To Find Cash and Treasure", you saw a similar hunt put on by Larry. ( I believe he does 4 a year)
As 19th alternate I'm pretty much guarrantied to be in the hunt, as the alternates up to #134 made the cut for last years hunt. Provided I have no snags till the hunt, I'll be digging a bonafide Civil War site!

All you have to do is post one time to this thread to win. I'll let her run for a week or two and draw a winner.

Oh yeah! The Prize!
A really nice Hopewell blade (100 B.C.- 500 A.D.) that I acquired a few months back.

Good luck!
Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
imageimage

Comments

• Options
    SilverDreamsSilverDreams Posts: 427 ✭✭
    Enter me please!
    I lust for silver.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Please enter me. Very nice blade by the way. I'm waiting on some rain so I can walk a few feilds myself.
  • Options
    dcamp78dcamp78 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭
    Congrats and please throw my name in the hat!
    Big Dave
    -------------------------
    Good trades with: DaveN, Tydye, IStillLikeZARCoins, Fjord, Louie, BRdude
    Good buys from: LordMarcovan, Aethelred, Ajaan, PrivateCoinCollector, LindeDad, Peaceman, Spoon, DrJules, jjrrww
    Good sale to: Nicholasz219
  • Options
    Congrat's GR and hope you make some good find's at the Civil War site.
    Cool blade I like it.
    HH,Tom
  • Options
    >>As 19th alternate I'm pretty much guarrantied to be in the hunt,<<

Good Luck on your hunt.

Jerry
    CROCK of COINS
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sure, thank you.
    "A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on 5000

pleeze nter mee

Jim
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    You know I'm going to put my name in image
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Well DADGUMMIT!!, enter me.
    Congrats on 5000 and the hunt.DADGUMMIT!!
  • Options
    Congrats GR! image (does that kick you into "windbag" status? image)

No need to enter me since I already have an incredible display of points and blades! image ... just wanted to say congrats. image
  • Options
    Please enter me also
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255
    5,000 is a good start image Good luck on the hunt !
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Thank you for the chance.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on 5000 and thanks for the chance. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I'm in. Thank you the chance and good luck with the dig.
    John Monderine
    Collection Agency
  • Options
    unknowncomicunknowncomic Posts: 945 ✭✭
    Congrats on 5000. Please throw my name in the hat too.
    Molon Labe
  • Options
    good luck at the n/s hunt, it should be lots o fun.....please enter me in your contest...thanks and hh
    "see ya at the beach"
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    CONGORATS!!

• Options
    phutphut Posts: 1,087
    Good luck on the CW hunt. The folks at TD find a lot from that era.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭
    congrats on 5000. Cool Blade!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    sumrtymsumrtym Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Enter me as well, thks!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, John!

5,000, eh? Wow, what a young'un. image

I still have that nice E-notch point I won in one of your past giveaways, on top of my bookshelf.

I mean the point is on top of my bookshelf. Not your giveaway. I don't think everybody in your giveaway would fit on my bookshelf. I can barely fit my books on there.

I kept a sharp eye out for pointy rocks on my detector trip yesterday, which was my first outing since VTH3.

I came across a pretty dense concentration of oystershells, which is almost always a good sign of a vanished antebellum homesite or campsite. I was hoping some 1700s coins or early buttons would appear there. (My second oldest coin, a 1738 halfpenny, was dug across the road from this new cleared site, about eight years ago.)

My pulse rate went up when I saw the shell midden. (Well, it wasn't enough to call a midden, but it was an obvious accumulation).

The detector didn't beep once. Nothing but clear air. I soon realized why. I had found an old house or camp site, all right, but it was probably a thousand years older than what I was after. I soon picked up four pieces of prehistoric pottery sherds, one with some cordmarking on it.

I'll have to scan those, drab and boring as they were. Alas, there were no nice projectile points like the one I found back in the fall. Well, there might've been, but I didn't see any stone. Just shell, and the odd small bit of pottery.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... LM... sounds like a neat site..... would be worth searching even without an MD.... have to get some time to try some of those places. Thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats, please enter me...

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    awesome piece!!!

I really need to get across the street and check out the one good hill over there before the corn gets too high.
  • Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Very cool! Please enter me as well. Congrats!!image
  • Options
    laserartlaserart Posts: 2,255

<< <i>awesome piece!!!

I really need to get across the street and check out the one good hill over there before the corn gets too high. >>

Be careful, somebody might think you're using a weedwacker and call the police.
    "If I had a nickel for every nickel I ever had, I'd have all my nickels back".
  • Options
    Arrowhead, neat! Count me in!!
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    Congrats!!

Please enter me as well.
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    Cool enter me please!
  • Options
    mcheathmcheath Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭
    Please count me inimage
  • Options
    Congrats on 5,000 posts; that's a great opportunity to hunt at that CW site. Please enter my name in your giveaway.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    GoldenEyeNumismaticsGoldenEyeNumismatics Posts: 13,187 ✭✭✭
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Anyone else?

I'll be picking the winner tomorrow.
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    DesertRatDesertRat Posts: 1,791
    congrats on reaching a milestone.

Thanks for the chance! image
  • Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    My name is Noah and I would like to enter!!!!!image:image;

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    Hey, I would like to be entered. If it's free, it's for me! Thanks for the opportunity! image
    "This is a stick-up, gimme all your money...no, just your coins..."
  • Options
    Great Givaway, that Arrowhead looks great, and congrats on 5,000.
    Please put my name in.
    Thanks

Joe