Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2006 Silver Anniversary Set - Opened - New Price Record?

FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
closing : May-02-07 18:55:58 PDT

Currently at $405.00 - is this a new price record? Seems like a really decent level.

Comments

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to watch this one in My ebay.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    JapanJohnJapanJohn Posts: 2,030
    Of course it's true and a record. Wanna know why? Because I sold two sets on ebay last month for $325.

John
    Coin Photos

Never view my other linked pages. They aren't coin related.
  • Options
    jhusmanjhusman Posts: 1,082
    I'm selling one now and I'd love to be a new record holder.

• Options
    I am upset with the fact that he SAYS that his high shipping fees are to offset Paypal - isn't that against the rules?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,482 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am upset with the fact that he SAYS that his high shipping fees are to offset Paypal - isn't that against the rules? >>

Possibly but its the truth and $15.00 isn't to awefully high IMO.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am upset with the fact that he SAYS that his high shipping fees are to offset Paypal - isn't that against the rules? >>

Yep...if reported in time, ebay would likely close the auction...that would suck image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    It seems to me I was selling my graded sets last December in the $500 range - $50 in grading fees would be around $450.
  • Options
    End time: May-03-07 18:15:00 PDT

Here's a single sealed set going at $450.55. It will be interesting to see how much over the opened set it closes. Right now, it isn't much higher.
  • Options
    if you search for completed listings you will see that almost of the raw opened sets are going over $400.00.

linkyy
  • Options

<< <i>I'm selling one now and I'd love to be a new record holder. >>

yep, i hope you do also. it's not like we didn't have a chance to buy it for 350 plus shipping on the bst.
    could have been an easy 50 bucks +/- for an ebayer. image
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Here's a whopper price for sealed sets. 5 sets, $3,399.99! Average price: $680 per set! Link
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    The irony in that is that not even 12 hours after I put up the auction, it was already bid up to $355.
  • Options
    They have been hitting $405 for about a week I had 3 watched that all ended @405
  • Options
    That seems a pretty typical price lately. I sold a few and shipped them USPS Priority with insurance included with confirmation and the postage alone was around 10 I believe, so really this is a pretty straight forward auction unless you expect something for nothing.
  • Options
    They just keep going up. The last one I sold went for $397 and to think I sold one of these when they first sold out at the Mint for less than $200. How'd a thunk it

Dr J
  • Options
    The NGC multi-holder sets seem to be doing very well also, my last auction went off at $549 for set of 69's.
    I think this was due to these being on coin vault or one of those shows. They were selling for $999.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I put 5 of them on there with a starting price of $399.99 last night and already have one bidder.
  • Options

<< <i>

Yep...if reported in time, ebay would likely close the auction...that would suck image >>

Very thoughtful, dont like the shipping then dont buy!
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I have been watching the NGC sets and they are moving up quickly.

The NGC 69 multi sets are $500 (I don't know why the multi slab is so much more) and the 69 3 coin sets are pushing 435-450.

The 69 reverse proofs are ending over $270.

A may be a good time to hold during this little run up.

Rookie Joe
  • Options
    clackamasclackamas Posts: 5,615
    What are the 70-70-69 PCGS sets going for?
  • Options
    Long way to go to get up to coin vault pricing. Last night they were selling an all 69 set for 995.95 and 2,9995.95 for a 70 set. And talked about the money they were saving people on the 70 set because retail was $7,000.....sheesh

• Options
    I sold a set last week on ebay for $425. So maybe I have the record????image
  • Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭
    I sold four @ 399.00 BIN, I'm Happy
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    ILikeMercsILikeMercs Posts: 1,392
    I hope the sky's the limit cuz I ain't sellin mine anytime soon.
    imageDo not taunt Happy Fun Ball image
  • Options

<< <i>Here's a whopper price for sealed sets. 5 sets, $3,399.99! Average price: $680 per set! >>

Yowee. I got a box of 5 just like that, except mine got a ship date of 12/15/07. I opened the 1st box of 5 that I got - couldn't help myself, had to take a look see. image

• Options
    Just saw a heck of a price for a ASE set.....all coins mint and proof in 70 including the 95-W for 65,300 BIN and it didn't last a day.

• Options

11 hours 48 mins $486.57

End time: May-03-07 18:15:00 PDT

The single sealed set is still alive n kickin. image
  • Options
    this open raw set sold for 499.95

linkKkK
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>this open raw set sold for 499.95

linkKkK >>

Unbelievable... wow ... I guess we will be seeing $500+ before summertime...
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    A set of PCGS 69's went for $501 tonight.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    << this open raw set sold for 499.95 >>

<< A set of PCGS 69's went for $501 tonight. >>

Nice premium over the raw sets.
  • Options
    Im just curious as to what a "First Strike" 70/70/69 Set would go for now days............$3400 ?
  • Options
    An ICG set with 70/70/70 went for $649.

They seem to be closing pretty consistently over $400.

I'm really kicking myself now. Wish I'd bought more.
  • Options
    im just holding on my sets... image ...i really invested in this ..well i kind started collecting coins buying this sets.. currently holding

10 NGC 70's set
    15 NGC 69's set
    8 raw open set
    15 unopenned sealed sets

imageimage

i'm hoping to start selling them only by the end of the year..
  • Options
    Could be $50K by the end of the year.

I think that deserves a "YOU SUCK"

• Options

<< <i>Could be $50K by the end of the year.

I think that deserves a "YOU SUCK" >>

I think it's cool but definitely not a suckage kind of thing. It was something anyone could have done.

Wasn't like finding a variety that was unattributed and getting a major score....dipping a hazed out proof and getting a major score, etc.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

<< <i>I think it's cool but definitely not a suckage kind of thing. It was something anyone could have done. >>

Could anyone have ordered 48 sets?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I think it's cool but definitely not a suckage kind of thing. It was something anyone could have done. >>

Could anyone have ordered 48 sets? >>

i actually bought all of them on ebay when they were around 200 for each opened sets and 2500 for the box of 10 sealed sets...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Could anyone have ordered 48 sets? >>

i actually bought all of them on ebay when they were around 200 for each opened sets and 2500 for the box of 10 sealed sets... >>

Right, a buy and hold. I think it is great and it will give you a lot of $$$ on the return, but I don't think it was special. Sorry.

Could anyone have ordered 48 sets? Yep. People on this board did (I didn't...I got 20 sets and a few made PR70 when I sent them in.....sold about 8 sets raw and have 5 sets left unopened and couple of mixed, raw/graded, sets left as well).

Some people used their name/address/CC and their spouses w/ different address....and friends....and relatives.
    Little bit of work but people did it.

• Options
    ddinkddink Posts: 2,748

<< <i>I think it is great and it will give you a lot of $$$ on the return, but I don't think it was special. >>

Well, at least he can think about how not special it was while he's driving around his new Mercedes =)
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."
  • Options
    They are still climbing. An open set went for $465 today and I noticed there are only 68 reverse proof listed on the bay so those prices will probably start climbing faster.

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    And there are 250,000 sets. Are there really that many Eagle collectors?
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Coin Vault claims they have sold over 53,000 of the complete sets

• Options

<< <i>And there are 250,000 sets. Are there really that many Eagle collectors? >>

There are probably a lot more collectors that just want the 20th Anniversary set with the Reverse Proof than collect ASEs in general.
  • Options
    Watching another one. Unopen box of 5 set going finishing a little after 8 PM Sat.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Coin Vault claims they have sold over 53,000 of the complete sets >>

!!!! They've sold over 20% of the total number?? I'm finding that hard to believe.

But if true.... no wonder the demand is still there. The supply is drying up.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    That includes all the years they have been on TV....since '88, but still a lot of set collectors

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And there are 250,000 sets. Are there really that many Eagle collectors? >>

Many people have more than one of these sets in their collection image So the 250,000 number would get even smaller.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file