Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

With all these sales of bulk mint items, what have people found to be best for shipping?

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
The flat rate boxes aren't generally large enough (though, it would be great if they were) to ship things like the 3pc SAE annv sets (unless only a couple of sets or less). I sent mine in regular boxes due to the size.

The GW $ FDCC, in boxes of 50, which seem pretty common, just exceed what I see for flat rate (and they seem quite heavy). I have some to ship out but figure I will get hosed on shipping due to weight. Anyone sell any in the "boxed 50" range and have advice?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I checked Post office mailing and for 12 lbs Priority Mail Registered insured for $1000 with Signature confirmation came to $27.95.

I am not sure how much you charged for shipping?

Rookie Joe

10 Lbs was $2.10 less
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The flat rate boxes aren't generally large enough (though, it would be great if they were) to ship things like the 3pc SAE annv sets (unless only a couple of sets or less). I sent mine in regular boxes due to the size.

The GW $ FDCC, in boxes of 50, which seem pretty common, just exceed what I see for flat rate (and they seem quite heavy). I have some to ship out but figure I will get hosed on shipping due to weight. Anyone sell any in the "boxed 50" range and have advice? >>

I don't sell them by the boxes, for the same reason that you touched on.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Ouch!

Thanks. My scale at home only goes up to 5lbs.
    I charged $19.95 so as not to "gouge" but also because I was in a hurry to get it listed and figured if I ate a couple of bucks, that was ok. ...also, that seemed to be a common shipping amount when I checked ebay at the time I was putting it up.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Priority mail for the box of 50 is $20 and change. --Jerry
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    $21 by my calculation for a 10lb. Priority package. 75c less in a $8.10 Flat rate box.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Hi Bochi,

I just sold a box of 50 and charged $25 for shipping with insurance. Using a #7 Priority box from Arkansas to California, weighs in at 11 pounds, $18.50 shipping. My collectibles insurance covers the shipment (as long as it's not gold or platinum), so at least in the $20-30 range.

Tim
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Bochi,

I just sold a box of 50 and charged $25 for shipping with insurance. Using a #7 Priority box from Arkansas to California, weighs in at 11 pounds, $18.50 shipping. My collectibles insurance covers the shipment (as long as it's not gold or platinum), so at least in the $20-30 range.

Tim >>

Thanks Tim.
    Lalasd4....I would love to go with a flat rate but, like I stated early on, they don't fit these boxes. Just trying to figure other shipping methods of coin related (bulk mint) items for now and the future.

• Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭
    $8.85 FOR 10lbs. and other fees adds up to $21.00.image
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    I've shipped two so far. Priority + insurance + sig. confirmation came to $30 each.
    I heard they were making a French version of Medal of Honor. I wonder how many hotkeys it'll have for "surrender."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file