Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Some stats on 20th SAE ebay sales

stev32kstev32k Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭
It's a rainy, boring Sunday afternoon so I thought I'd see how the 20th ann. SAE's are doing on ebay the results are kinda interesting (if you are into that sort of thing). I looked at completed sales for April 13 and 14 in several different categories. Here's what I found:

Total completed sales 93

PR68: 2 sales, avg. price $323
PR69: 33 sales, avg. price $398
PR70: 10 sales, avg. price $1,267 for PCGS & NGC; avg price for ICG & SGS $497
Ungraded: 38 sales; avg. price $358
Unopened box: 8 boxes: avg price per set $495
NGC multi-holder PR69 sets; 2 sales; avg price $460

Interesting that I didn't see a single ANACS graded set in the lot.

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard drive?

Comments

• Options
    OmegaOmega Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update. Guess I'll keep hanging on to mine and enjoy the ride!
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks from another overcast geographical area!
    Yes, that is interesting no ANACS.
    I have yet to see any graded ANACS anniversary sets in any form though....

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    One unopened set went for $525 the other day
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me that there have been posts in the past pointing out ANACS is pretty brutal when it comes to moderns. Probably no one sending them in to ANACS for that reason? Tougher than PCGS?

Did the unopened sets include boxes of 10? Or just single boxes?

Thanks for the interesting info
    ----- kj
  • Options
    Thanks for the stats. They are going up fast. Just a couple of weeks ago they were in the 330 - 340 range. Where it all ends nobody knows, but it appears the end won't be for awhile.

TB
  • Options
    There was one box of ten the rest were anywhere from 3 to 7 sets per box. One other thing that struck me was only two PR68 sets up for sale. I know there were a lot of 68's graded from some of the early postings so I'm guessing that most of them are being cracked out and sold as ungraded. That may explain why some of the empty boxes with holders and COA's are selling from 10 to 15 bucks each.
  • Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One box of 3 sold for $1914 on Saturday.
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's a rainy, boring Sunday afternoon so I thought I'd see how the 20th ann. SAE's are doing on ebay the results are kinda interesting (if you are into that sort of thing). I looked at completed sales for April 13 and 14 in several different categories. Here's what I found:

Total completed sales 93

PR68: 2 sales, avg. price $323
    PR69: 33 sales, avg. price $398
    PR70: 10 sales, avg. price $1,267 for PCGS & NGC; avg price for ICG & SGS $497
    Ungraded: 38 sales; avg. price $358
    Unopened box: 8 boxes: avg price per set $495
    NGC multi-holder PR69 sets; 2 sales; avg price $460

Interesting that I didn't see a single ANACS graded set in the lot. >>

Can you supply stats comparing the non F/S 20th ASE sets to the 20th ASE First Strike Sets ... I've seen several 69 PCGS sets go for $700+ (First Strike does make a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig diffffffference)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    <<Can you supply stats comparing the non F/S 20th ASE sets to the 20th ASE First Strike Sets ... I've seen several 69 PCGS sets go for $700+ (First Strike does make a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig diffffffference)>>

I didn't break it down by FS vs non-FS, but I did notice that an unopened box of FS strike eligible sets sold for $638 per set. That is quite a bit higher than the others.
  • Options
    I'm glad a grabbed a couple of sets about 3 wks ago. One each of PCGS and NCG that are all 69 with D/U cameo on the proofs. Total $680. If only I had payed attention to them from the mint.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes. Makes me wonder why I bothered to send mine in for the First Strike grading..... worth more ungraded and unopened!
    ----- kj
  • Options
    Here is a PCGS 69 F/S closing shortly....

PCGS ASE FS 69's
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I have 2 sets graded by ANACS and they are both MS69. I think they are fairly graded.
  • Options
    Yesterday i sold 1 NGC 69 set for 375.00.....my other listing just ended for another NGC 69...sold for 385.00... They are going up every week...i have 15 sets at NGC for grading...hope to get some more 70's...and i still have 2 unopenned boxes 1 with 10 sets and the other with 5....im gonna keep them for a while...image
  • Options
    Most of the PR70 PCGS silver reverse proofs I see are going for around $900.
  • Options
    Makes it tempting to sell my unopened box of 2 sets...would pay for the other 5 sets (then some) that I already opened!!!
    TheZooKrew
    Morgan, modern sets, circulated Kennedys, and Wisconsin error leaf quarter Collector
    First (and only - so far) Official "You Suck" Award from Russ 2/9/07
  • Options
    That sounds like a plan that makes sense, but coin vault is already selling sets in 69 for $1,000, and I thought they were nuts when they were asking $500 2 weeks ago.

• Options
    I did very well on these sets and wished I had bought more! But I still have 4 sets left, all graded by PCGS. My best set left has a First Strike PR70 DCAM (reg proof), a RP70 (no first strike) and a MS69. The other three sets are all the straight 69,69,69 stuff.

Overall though, these sets are probably worth about $2500 total which is glorious!! Now, why didn't my 2006-W Unc gold set do well?? I am almost at break even on those!

Swest
  • Options
    LokiLoki Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>One box of 3 sold for $1914 on Saturday. >>

That was for a first strike eligible box.
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file