Home U.S. Coin Forum

Report Of 06-W ASE Sets Sale!!!!

At theTennessee State Show I sold my HOARD of 3Pcs. Sets to All America Coin for $325 per set. He in turn was in the process of retailing them for $375. These sets are just now heating up. I believe they will really take off this Summer. Chas.
Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15

Comments

• DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    Congrats ! image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    i miss my 2 sets already after a week...but love the 66 sms66 ucam kennedy and 98-s sms set that they brought for my original $200. outlay
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    God Bless America. image

AND the US Mint. image
  • amercoinamercoin Posts: 350 ✭✭
    I turn down 3500.00 for a unopen box of 10 at the TN show.
  • My latest observations on ebay: $325 opened, $430 sealed from Mint. THIS IS GREAT!! I'm just waiting for the Unc Burnished singles to take off.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I dont blame you for turning down 3500. I wouldn't sell mine for 6000 at this point.

<< <i>I dont blame you for turning down 3500. I wouldn't sell mine for 6000 at this point. >>

No kidding?

I ordered a total of 10 sets from the Mint - 2 separate orders of 5 each.

Why oh why did I open up 1 of the cases ? ! image

Well at least I did leave one of the cases sealed !image
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Why oh why did I open up 1 of the cases ?>> !

Whats the big deal, reseal it. Use a hair drier to peel of the original shipping tape, and reseal it!
    Does PCGS authenticate U.S. Mint shipping tape?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Whats the big deal, reseal it. Use a hair drier to peel of the original shipping tape, and reseal it! >>

Oh I know who I'm buying from!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<Oh I know who I'm buying from!>>

I don't plan on selling them.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Owning two of these sets makes me feel less remorseful about the $220 I dropped on a smooth edge GW$ !!

<< <i> I don't plan on selling them >>

They are pretty sets. I would like to sell at least 9 of mine, however.

There is just one obstacle though, I'm perhaps the worlds worst procrastinator. Ten years fron now, I'll probably still have all 10 of mine. image
  • JcarneyJcarney Posts: 3,154

<< <i><<Oh I know who I'm buying from!>>

I don't plan on selling them. >>

Then why bother to reseal them?
    “When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.” — Benjamin Franklin

My icon IS my coin. It is a gem 1949 FBL Franklin.
  • RarityRarity Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭
    Bought 5 sets. Sold 3 and kept 2 better looking sets among the 5.

• TheNumishTheNumish Posts: 1,628 ✭✭
    I know a guy who has 4 sealed boxes of 10 and he wants $425 per set. To me they seem overpriced. But then I'm the rocket scientist who passed on a deal of 100 sets at $220 each about 6 weeks ago.
  • A good friend of mine purchased 1000 06-W unc, ASE`s for $72,500.00 at Tenn. Show. He will be selling at ANA next week. Chas.
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • some are going for over 400 in sealed boxes..500 not far away
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Anyone know what PCGS 69's 20th Anniversary ASE sets are going for. Not 1st. strike.
    I sent my sets in.
    Looks like short term, I should have just held them. Long term I'm thinking sending them in will pan out. Thoughts. image. jws

edited to clarify: They were sent in original Mint Packiging.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sold 5 sets via each coin individually & I'm averaging approx $350 to $360 per set. I've noticed that if you sell your set as a whole, plus the presentation kit...you will get only approx. $320 - $340....It's more lucrative to sell each coin individually (NOte: these are eBay auctions for 69 graded PCGS .. NGC's are selling for approx 10% less)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Thanks OPA. That was the info. I was looking for.
    I'm going to sit on mine and see what happens.
    They will go up.
    They will go down
    They could not change.
    Broke my crystal ball early in life. Dang, I miss that thing.
    image jws
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A good friend of mine purchased 1000 06-W unc, ASE`s for $72,500.00 at Tenn. Show. He will be selling at ANA next week. Chas. >>

Let us know how that goes. I haven't looked for a few weeks, but last I saw they were ~$65-$75 per, so that wouldn't make for much profit. Holding some myself, I hope they have skyrocketed over the last couple of weeks....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• I sold a sealed box of 8 sets yesterday for $437 a set.Kinda wish i kept them,but i need to build up my cash reserves for all the goodies the Mint will be putting out later in the year. image
  • Congratulations, Charles!
    My next 30 sets will not be had for anything less than $400.00.
    Plus I have several W Uncs and RVP's that are being submitted for 70's.

Book it Dano!
    Audentes fortuna juvat

• << <i>

<< <i>A good friend of mine purchased 1000 06-W unc, ASE`s for $72,500.00 at Tenn. Show. He will be selling at ANA next week. Chas. >>

Let us know how that goes. I haven't looked for a few weeks, but last I saw they were ~$65-$75 per, so that wouldn't make for much profit. Holding some myself, I hope they have skyrocketed over the last couple of weeks.... >>

I just sold 7 2006 W Uncirculated Eagles for BIN $81.95 each. Had one person buy 1 and then at the last of the auction, a gentleman bought the rest.

I tried earlier selling them for more than that but no takers. I still have a few I am going to hold on to for awhile.
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I sold a sealed box of 8 sets yesterday for $437 a set.Kinda wish i kept them,but i need to build up my cash reserves for all the goodies the Mint will be putting out later in the year. image >>

Really? Too bad I didn't know. I probably would paid you that and a little more...even off of the bay. Anything below $60 is too low, imho.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bought 5 sets. Sold 3 and kept 2 better looking sets among the 5. >>

My ten went for grading chasing the 70's. Got two complete sets and 3 70 RPF so I am not complaining. I can always crack the rest out and put back in the OPG package. image
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file